swearin

2»

Comments

• I have this verse memorized and this is my favorite verse

"Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a man" Matthew 15:11

What this means is if someone taught you something like a swear word does NOT defile a man, but if you say that swore word or word IT defiles a man!
  • Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a man" Matthew 15:11

this is the main point of the topic!! :D
  • Hey guys well i read all at u guys rote. Well i swear nonstop, not because i think its kool or n e thing but because when i get mad or angry swears r the 1st damn thing that come to my mind. hey guys help me here, i kant swear like this my entire life. when i am married wat will people think?
  • [quote author=CopticlilPimp link=board=13;threadid=1885;start=30#msg35844 date=1125094361]
    the 1st damn thing

excuse me copticlilpimp but that's inapproiate, please keep words that are disrespectful to yourself!
  • wats inappropriate and disrespectful war r u talking about???????
  • Why do u kare anyway, i just want an answer not oooh this is disrespectful, awwww cmon
  • i'm sorry...but this is tasbeha.org...don't you think that you should have said something other than that
  • ur rite but i still think that that is not the problem
  • [quote author=CopticlilPimp link=board=13;threadid=1885;start=30#msg35844 date=1125094361]
    Hey guys well i read all at u guys rote. Well i swear nonstop, not because i think its kool or n e thing but because when i get mad or angry swears r the 1st damn thing that come to my mind. hey guys help me here, i kant swear like this my entire life. when i am married wat will people think?

well, just think what you can do if you stopped swearing God would be so proud, like I said before "Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man, but what comes out of my mouth; this defiles a man" (Matthew 15:11) just remember the positive side if you stop swearing you will be so proud!
  • Yea good point but...........I CANT STOP,

Dave thanx 4 ur help
  • anytime but don't lose faith
  • hahahahahaha lol that is the funniest thing i have ever heard. i also think i mighta saw it on da simpsons. hahahaha wat a sloution huh. actually a priest in massachussetts (vineyard) told me to wear a rubber band and whenever i swore i would pull it all the way back and ley go. omg my hand was like swollen so bad. i went the next day and showed it to him and he was laughin so hard. hey but when i swear i dont even notice really, thats how much am used 2 IT!
  • True, before you let a word leave your lips think about it. Not only will you not swear, you won't say anything that will hurt someone else's feelings, you wont gossip, wont use the Lord's name in vain, tons of other things.
  • [quote author=CopticlilPimp link=board=13;threadid=1885;start=45#msg35888 date=1125147944]
    hahahahahaha lol that is the funniest thing i have ever heard. i also think i mighta saw it on da simpsons. hahahaha wat a sloution huh. actually a priest in massachussetts (vineyard) told me to wear a rubber band and whenever i swore i would pull it all the way back and ley go. omg my hand was like swollen so bad. i went the next day and showed it to him and he was laughin so hard. hey but when i swear i dont even notice really, thats how much am used 2 IT!

WooooOOooOo i tried that but wif this thick hair tie.... dang it hurt like a motha f...<<<< LOL JOKE JOKE
    trust me i am sure u dont swear as much as i did its like everyother word, ita a downside of livin in the ghetto but hey i moved now and well i dont swear as much it kinda worked but every once in a while u gotta change hands so it HURTS MORE lol
    ~Reens
  • G.F., I would prefer if you didn't use such curses on these forums, I see that it was a joke, but just seeing it makes me feel uncomfterable. May God help you to stop "For no cursers or swearers shall enter the kingom of God."
  • sorry if this has been said before, but besides thinking before you speak...or type as the case may be, u can try to speak less altogether. most things we say are unnecessary anyway. silence is praised by our church and a virtue that saint mary was praised for.
    :-X i think this is a silent smilie but im not sure lol
  • sorry i guess i laf at stuff u dont
  • i don't think there is a silent smili in the choices lol never mind

True, before you let a word leave your lips think about it. Not only will you not swear, you won't say anything that will hurt someone else's feelings, you wont gossip, wont use the Lord's name in vain, tons of other things.

i totally agree with that!!GBU
  • [quote author=Hottegyptian18 link=topic=1885.msg28381#msg28381 date=1118762081]
    hey erbody
    k well i dont swear and all but my prest's daughter does.
    this confuses me alot
    rn't we soposed to look up to thoes people?
    wat good does swearing do if there is the same meanings for words that r not swears?
    All ma friends swear and r so surprized that i dont yet when they bug me i say"wat if yo mom found out u swear?" and they stop buggin
    so they r doin it against theyr parents will
    well i am not sayin i am the cleanist person that ud meet but this is buggin me so much?
    to cut to the chase
    is it aight to swear?
    talk to yall later

No. Its wrong to swear. Its awful. I can tell u in France, its taken very seriously swearing. Even its considered rude here to say the word "disgusting" - you have to use the word "displeasing" instead (and that's NORMAL society etiquette).

Swearing is bad, it lowers everyone's quality of life. I was at Burger King once, and I came across 2 muslim girls standing there (they were both veiled), and they were swearing so much. I wanted to slap them,but i couldnt.
  • Curse words, in isolation, are just words. It is the expression that is most offensive I believe. I am very hesitant to say, for instance, that my friend has a female dog. I don't use the synonym because of the way I was brought up. But the word is not inherently bad, it is using it derogatorily to people that is bad.

Being offensive instead of showing love (love is how people will see that you follow Christ) that is the issue here, not the words used. If, you substituted a swear word and used something not considered a swear word like "idiot" or "imbecile", don't think for a second that that is anyway more justified. Perhaps different words cause different offence- granted, it is more hurtful to use some words than others, but this should not stop us from considering the fact that we are still offending someone!

The f word is particularly unpleasant, yet half the time it is not used in a derogatory remark. My problem I guess with the word is its connection with sexual intercourse, something that should be considered sacred. However, most words have many different meanings that in different contexts elicits different responses.

Culture says that these words are of the uneducated, and are offensive, and vulgar. If culture had these words with different connotations, one that is not offensive, one that has meaning that can be reconciled with edifying, then I think the swear words in that context are not sinful. Swearing is considered bad language, and many in our culture hate it. Be mindful of that. They may just be another word in the dictionary for you, but for most of society it is considered bad language. For instance, the word for buttocks is for some reason considered swearing- I don't use the word, but for many times as a Medical Student, I am dumbfounded why this word is any different to its synonyms. But it is- and I accept that.

Words have connotations, and to dismiss that is I believe naive. Since swear words have bad connotations, and are mostly used to offend, and its mere use in any context widely offends many, I don't think there is any question that swearing is a sin.

But, I must hesitate for a second. Did not Christ offend a girl by comparing her with a dog? Is that not derogatory? Did not the prophets and Christ called many swine, fools, harlots, etc.

There is a few things overlooked with that sort of argument:
    1) connotations of these words had been different (strong but more objective than derogatory)
    2) culture was different
    3) they edified

Some can bring more to the table in this regard, but I think it is quite conclusive that anything that can be considered offensive is most likely a sin.

Most likely because some people are offended by righteousness!

This sounds a bit like a circular argument doesn't it. It seems to go like this::
    1. Swearing is offensive
    2. What is usually offensive is a sin
    3. Swearing is a sin, yet righteousness is not

Why can't swearing be righteous- again- connotations and culture dictate that these words are vulgar.

We got to be smart about this.
  • swearing is WRONG!!!!! DUH!!!!!! i'm srry for being rude, but that is a stupid question.srry again, but the answer is obvious. well maybe that the priest's daughter has a habit of swearing and she might be trying to stop! hope i helped. and srry i was rude!!