religious schools

edited March 2005 in Faith Issues
hey all
for school i have 2 conduct a survey: differnet types of schools that people attend.
thanx for your help
mazza

Comments

• guys if you have anything 2 say plz feel free. i know use love expressing your opinion
    thanx'
    god bless
  • hay mazza
    i attend a protestant school its ok its pretty alright but i would like to learn about our faith but then agen i dont want to go to the coptic skool well kind of but no but yer during biblical studies at school i teach them about what we belive :)
    kind of turned into a fight last year a big 1 with the principal too :-[ o well yer thats about it ;)

GBU ALL PPLZ
    +FROG+
  • lol :)
  • do u live in america??

• What happened to attending public schools?
  • hey
    im sorri, i didnt mean 2 offend or anythin i jus wanted 2 view "religious schools" sorri. like how it feels to go 2 a school surrounded by this one religion
    sorry again
    plz 4give me
  • I was kidding by the way...lol
  • I used to go to a lutherin school than a catholis school their not that bad
  • i go to a catholic skool, altho i try hard to prove my points using the Bible!
    pfft, and the teachers go speechless at times... but ive stoped doing this.
    o welll.
  • yea i know wat u mean
    im a senior student in highscool, like thats wat we call it in australia- aniways wenever we have religion classes on christianity an i try to prove my point u see ppl jus giving you the eye tellin u 2 stop cus dey dont care
  • Take into account the ppl in uni...no religion there...but freedom of religion never the less.
  • i go to a public school in a jewish community and everyday i hear thing said about my religion when i wear a cross ppl say"um dude you have a dead guy hanging from your neck" and some guy was like why do you wear a cross and i was liek because thats how jesus died on teh cross and he replied "if jesus got hitby a truck would you wear a truck" so i try my best to cope haha i wishi could go to a coptic orthodox school instead of ebing tempted to go to the winter formal id be un tempted to go to winter tasbeha haha\

aghape,
    chris
  • Oh man,

If I got a comment like that I would probably kill the person who said it...jk jk
    When I was in Egypt people would say stuff similar t that, but I would start freaking out and yell at them real hard...ya, I'm kinda a bit sensitive with that kinda stuff...

Mike
  • you dont kill but school them...forgive them, but... but... if its as bad as what CopticChris434 says, then u better bust one for your brothers, sisters and Jesus!

peace
    MasrII
  • Carry your Cross...make it clear and make sure the world can hear. "God forbid that i shouls glory except in the Cross of Christ" and then remember what St. Paul says to Timoth in 4:12 "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, bust set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity"...don't worry about answering them but do the sigh of the Cross on your lips and the Same God that said to Moses to go lead His people out of Pharoh's hands will also Glorify Himslef through you.
  • yea das like extreme, i cant tell u wat 2 do liek cus ive never bin in a situation like that but one thing i know is that watvever they say 2 u an u stick up 4 it- ur reward will b gr8 in heaven so u are so lucki :D
    god bless an take care of all his children
  • righteous words mazza
  • [quote author=mazza link=board=1;threadid=1371;start=15#msg22946 date=1112248079]
    yea das like extreme, i cant tell u wat 2 do liek cus ive never bin in a situation like that but one thing i know is that watvever they say 2 u an u stick up 4 it- ur reward will b gr8 in heaven so u are so lucki :D
    god bless an take care of all his children

NICE!!! :) ;) :D ;D good stuff girly
    yar not that xtreme over here. its worse nar jkz i dunno yea kindar

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • frog ur a killer lol but i luv ya ;D
  • hey some1 said dat day were in uni - how does it feel to be surrounded by liek different religions?? hope u get wat i mean lol
  • hey guys i go to a public school and i wish that I would have gone to a different school. i wish i could go to a catholic school somewhere where i can feel safe. i'm a coptic orthodox and going to this public school is very scary because just today there was a stabbing at our school in front of the school. so in conclusion i think that the public schools are not too safe unlike the non public schools.
  • yea u guys should b way more careful. do u live in america?? cus these things have bin occuring heaps lately
  • Kind of weird because he lives in CANADA! That school is not too far from mine...maybe like 5 minutes driving. I have been going to a Catholic school my whole life, and I really like it. At least I'm getting some sort of religious background outside of the church lol...The only thing I didn't like in elementary school is when we were in grade 8, everyone was getting ready to be confirmed. I usually just sat there for the whole period doing nothing lol. I felt so left out :( But I'm sure IF there was a Coptic Orthodox school I would soooo choose that school over any other!
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=1;threadid=1371;start=15#msg23050 date=1112377448]
    but sometimes the kids "mock" me, like I told u before, It's within my group too

By the way, my friends do that too! lol...They're pretty respectful but they like to make jokes on some stuff. Biggest mistake I ever made is trying to tell them what we think about dating, now they think I have an arranged marriage or something haha, kind of funny to me lol...and when I'm fasting (only the group I sit with at lunch know) they always try to tempt me with non-fasting food lol. Another thing they find hard to grasp is how we're so close to our FOC's/priests, they think it's crazy lol...

To add onto my other post, Catholic schools might have small problems too. A few months ago, we were on lockdown because there was some sort of bomb threat. They wouldn't let us in or out of the school. They caught the guy but it was just a prank, although he did have a knife on him ??? Other then that my school isn't too bad.
  • [quote author=Mansour89 link=board=1;threadid=1371;start=15#msg23069 date=1112415573]
    [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=1;threadid=1371;start=15#msg23050 date=1112377448]
    but sometimes the kids "mock" me, like I told u before, It's within my group too

To add onto my other post, Catholic schools might have small problems too. A few months ago, we were on lockdown because there was some sort of bomb threat. They wouldn't let us in or out of the school. They caught the guy but it was just a prank, although he did have a knife on him ??? Other then that my school isn't too bad.

SAME HERE there was a bomb threat and they wodnt let us out and they sed the bomb was in the skool!!!! crazy stuff and yes it was a prank of a person that finished skool because they hated the teachers and wanted to get em bac lol i wood do that but yer. heeps of people no i fast because we had this medievel day with all this beef and pork and all this stuff i dont eat anyway and i sed im fasting so yer heeps of people no but my friends dont try to get me to eat it thats evil their like want 1 and its like chocolate and their like o yes thats rite your fasting sorry bot that so its ok
    yer its not too bad but in Biblical studis as it is protestant its mostly me giving the lesson and the teacher fighting back about what we believe but i always hav the Bible redy lol i cum prepared i listen to sermons reed books lol pray of caorse cum on here and learn then go to class and teach them wat we believe lol turns into a figh sometimes :-[

its an ok skool as its good in edu. but naar i wanna go sum hwre else

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • may god take care of us
  • AMEN and since we r His cildren He will because as He sed He is our shepard and we r His lambs (lambs ??? ???) <<no such word
    anyway He will always b besid those who love Him

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • Hey guys,
    this is kinda off topic, but has anyone heard any knews about the coptic schools. A while ago i heard Anba David talk about working towards a coptic school in the North East, but ever since i have barely heard any news of it.
    If anyone knows anything else please post.
    thnx.

-Pete
  • i go to a baptist school but i checked protestant cuz that's what they're most closest to.. in my opinion i think baptist schools are really good. They actually TEACH the BIBLE. I used to go to a catholic school and i don't feel that they teach how to apply the Bible to everyday life and how important it is to have a relationship with Christ.
  • i know wat u mean lol