what do u do when ur down?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
haha!! it took me a good 30mins. to kind out how to start a new topic... anyways...
hi everyone... i need ur advice in something...
what do u guys do when u are down? and u feel like no one is here for u? i know many ppl say that i should turn to God and it does actually help but i also want more.. i want u guys to tell me what i can do to myself, like how can i comfort myself? how can i get through it and how can i prevent myself from being so sad.. this is anything in general btw.. do u kinda get what i mean? plz, i wanna hear what u guys say..
thanx
ChildofChrist

Comments

• i want u guys to tell me what i can do to myself, like how can i comfort myself? how can i get through it and how can i prevent myself from being so sad

The best thing to do is pray...lol...but since you wanted something you can do to help yourself then I would suggest that you surround yourself with friends,go out and do something fun,get your mind off of your problem.Or you could read a good book...lol...escape this world with your imagination and get lost in some magical,faraway place.Let your imagination soar,forget about your problems for awhile.

There are many good and profitable things you can do to occupy your mind,ridding yourself of the problems that so easily trouble you,but its always better to be around friends and family that love and care for you.They usually will do their best to help you forget your troubles if you will let them.

The best thing though is to just release all your cares and burdens unto the LORD "for He careth for your soul"as the Holy Scripture states.Theres really no substitue for kneeling down in prayer and crying out Abba,Father help me,heal my broken heart,take my cares,worries and sorrows ,remove them far from me.Give me peace,comfort, joy.Fill me with your love.I need you.I love you.

God will always hear and respond to the heartcry of His beloved children. :)
  • I agree, just get your mind off things pray, or be with friends and family. My personal faviorite would have to be praising and talking to saints and believe it or not sometimes you'll get an answer back pretty quick usually within the little things in life. Remember that just cause you don't see them doesn't mean their not their, their always their and will support you in your time of need. As silly as this may sound to some people try and build a relationship with them as friends almost trust me they'll prove to be better friends then the ones on earth, alot more helpful too ;)
  • hay childofchrist and every1 else :) ;) :D ;D
    well wen i am upset i just spill everything out to God. EVERYFEN nuffin left inside me coz do u no wen u r lyk sad u feel better wen u told sum1 yer xactly that i feel that everythings gonna b cool since i told God and he is the 1 that can definately take ur pain away ;) yer also as J Franklin sed surround urself with frendz and family umm wat i do and it ALWAYS werks 4 me is i listen to hymns it just relaxes me and the words of it are so powerful yer coz dont 4get thats the highest form of prayer rite?? ;) :D :) ;D ;
    yer so umm yer nd read boox as J Fanklin sed well i woodnt read novels coz i cant stand novels but i think more of the spiritual types coz it always gives meaning and comforts 2

hope it helped :)
    GBU ALL and may u find true comfort in Christ ;D :D ;) :)
    FROG :) ;) :D ;D keep smilin ppl
  • thanx guys.. so far great! and F.R.O.G. i see what u mean be the novel thing... i dont understand regular novels either so i read spritual ones.. i find them very comforting and same with hymes.. but when it comes to praying i dont feel that it comforts me... like i pray and i know God's there but i dont have that same feeling as when i read or listen to hyms... what can i do to? i want to always turn to God as in prayer and stuff.. what can i do that will make me feel that he's their? like prayer should be one of the top things that comforts u but with me it doesnt.. like when things r going wrong it doesnt comfort me, hymes and spritual books do..
  • meditate

it helps ur brain make a kind of file cabnet

then u can take out problem by problem in alphabetical order and sort them out.

it helps alot, cauz sometimes ur so angry that u cant figure out y so u take it out on timmy,

• THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS.... and spill everything out... tell people your problems, if you keep them in, it will not be healthy for you.
  • I have to disagree with telling people. In my personal experience, people make things worse. I mean, there are some people that will do all they can to help you, but most people will just end up making things worse. Tell God all that is on your mind. Tell your intercessor and ask for both their help (ask God first). Talk to your father of confession and realize that no matter what's going on in this life, there is a light at the end of the tunnel where there are no more tears (Revelations 21, i think). But be of good faith and rely on the only One that can truly help you, God.
  • yes but tell a trusted person, sometimes you need comfort... and you need it at time...
  • cauz sometimes ur so angry that u cant figure out y so u take it out on timmy,

LOL... ;D

I have to disagree with telling people. In my personal experience, people make things worse.

I agree with you and Socoolbishoy.Sometimes telling certain people things about your private life will make the situation worse.For example if you tell someone something in confidence and then that person breaks your trust by gossiping and exposing your secrets to the whole world,etc.then that would certainly be a problem and very detrimental to your emotional and mental state...lol...

Confession is good for your soul.As the Bible says'"Confess your faults one to another..." But by all means...lol...to it with someone who is trustworthy and can give you sound spiritual advice. :)
  • wat i do and it ALWAYS werks 4 me is i listen to hymns it just relaxes me

Yes,listening to christian music{especially hymns and worship songs}always seems to help.Good advice F.R.O.G.! :)
  • I totally agree with jfranklin....

Confession is good for your soul

may I add... also it is good for the body... the brain will be soooo comfortable after you tell someone... but as jfranklin said, tell only the very trusted ones.
  • I would like to stress on "Happy Thoughts, Will Only Bring Happiness." my quote... lol just think of the perfect place.. or just think of a few things that would make you happy... or better yet watch some comedy shows... I love em.
  • or better yet watch some comedy shows... I love em.

What is that old saying "Laughter is the best medicine...."
    ;D
  • i like that.. "Laughter is the best medicine...." hehe.. u guys said to surround myself with friends and family that love me? most of the time i feel really down because i havnt seen or talked to my friends for a lloonnggg time.. like i dont end up seeing them.. i never thought that friends can have such an impact on my life but they really do.. and me not being around them brings me down.. i know u guys will say "then go out with them, spend time with them" but different scheduals... :-\
  • :)

Are you involved in a youth group?Theres alot of fun things you can do when your a member of some church group.You might also try making some new friends...lol...ones that have the same interests,hobbies,etc. that you like and are involved with.I'm sure it would be easy for you to make new friends! :)
  • yes i am actually... also the only friends i ever hang out with or go out with are my church friends... but for a while i wasnt able to go because of work... and i realized that it makes a huge difference.. and yes i agree with u, youth group is amazing and nothing beats the ppl u meet in church...
  • I know it's cliche but pray..only the true joy that Christ gives you that would make you feel better..be sure to pray with an open heart and I'm sure you'd feel better. Nothing else can make you feel better but Jesus himself..always keep in your heart that Christ will never leave you no matter who and who isn't there for you. God bless.
  • [quote author=ChildofChrist link=board=1;threadid=1132;start=0#msg19100 date=1106689860]
    i like that.. "Laughter is the best medicine...." hehe.. u guys said to surround myself with friends and family that love me? most of the time i feel really down because i havnt seen or talked to my friends for a lloonnggg time.. like i dont end up seeing them.. i never thought that friends can have such an impact on my life but they really do.. and me not being around them brings me down.. i know u guys will say "then go out with them, spend time with them" but different scheduals... :-\

i know how that is. i like to hang out wit church friends too, but i rarely see some of them because they live so far away or go to different churches now. so wenever i feel bad..juss like F.R.O.G. said...i spill it all out to God. i mean you dont have to stand up and say it in a pray necessarily, but u can just sit on your bed or whereever and talk to God like a friend...He is the greatest friend and comfort anyone could ask for.
  • just to add to my previous post...your friends may not always be there for you...but take comfort in knowing that God is always there to listen :)
  • i personaly listen to wut Bishoy says... u shud too... i also go 4 longggg walks by myself.. just get my mind off things get it outa my brain.. u kno.. it really helps.. i mean u just need to relax.. so ya listen to him.. he's good w/ stuff like that.. :-*
  • I dont really know that much... believe me...lol
  • ok i did nt really have tyme to read all the posts but i just wanna say the best thing to make you feel better is be at church every chance u get every single tyme its open be there......BUT THE BEST TIME TO BE there is during TASBEHA and DIVINE LITURGY taking communion will make everything look better and will make u feel much better the divine liturgy can cause the earth to shake THE DIVINE LITURGY can MOVE MOUNTAINS as it once did at mount moqattam when the pope did the liturgy and then samaan el karaz went out and prayed and the mountain moved! THE DIVINE LITURGY holds the holy spirit in the body and blood of christ! Laughter is the best medicine might be the old saying BUT DIVINE LITURGY IS THE BEST MEDICINE IS THE NEW ONE THE REAL MEDICINE IS UNITING WITH CHRIST IN ALL HIS SAINTS IN A HOLY LITURGY AND PARTAKING OF HIS HOLY BODY AND HOLY BLOOD AND BY THAT ALSO BECOMING HIS HOLY SONS AND DAUGHTERS THIS MY FRIENDS IS THE MEDICINE THAT MAKES US THE CHILDREN OF GOD ;D
    that is my remedy for being down

aghape,
    chris

P.S May God Bless You

P.P.S another thing that makes me feel better is any hymn by elshahid abu fam they are great hymns hes my favorite cantors ill attach one
  • i also go 4 longggg walks by myself..

That sounds like a good idea! Physical exercise makes us feel better because endorphins are released in our brain giving us a natural"high" feeling. ;)

I agree with CopticChris434 as well.Going to church often is one of the best ways to get your mind off of your problems and getting it focused on where it should be--Christ Jesus. :)
  • i also go 4 longggg walks by myself.

Marina,
    Be careful and stay safe when you go on your solo walks.Its a crazy,crazy world out there! May Jesus protect you from all harm! Amen. :)
  • How about making the sign of the cross and pronouncing and meditating on each word?

Or, how about pronouncing the Jesus Prayer with a variation as it pertains to your given situation.
  • i just wanted to say THANX ALOT EVERYONE!!! u guys gave my great advice and i will use it!!! i dont know what to say.. i didnt imagine this many replies and this much help.. u guys are amazing :-*

† God Bless You All †

~ P.S. ~
    THANX ALOT AGAIN!!!
  • srry if my post made me seem iono a lil insane haha

aghape,
    chris

God Bless You And Pray For ME
  • srry if my post made me seem iono a lil insane haha

LOL... ;D
  • That sounds like a good idea! Physical exercise makes us feel better because endorphins are released in our brain giving us a natural"high" feeling.

WONDERFUL PSYCHOLOGY... very true. walking is one of the best things you could do... see you gotta listen to rina... not me...lol

but what I dont get is why be safe... I dont think there is anything wrong... I mean always be safe... but I wanted to know why be extrea safe...lol.. sorry Jfranklin... Just wanna know...

Also.... I advice not to DRIVE... for your sake, and other drivers' sake.
  • "Also.... I advice not to DRIVE... for your sake, and other drivers' sake. " :D
    HAHAHAHA!!! LOL!!1 THATS SO FUNNIE! i like that :P and dont worry, i dunno how to drive yet... hehe ;)