Sex In gods eyes HUH?!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
ok i am confused ive been looking through the bible and i read something saying sodomites will not inherit the kingdom of heaven and sodomites ar people who engage in sodomy but my question is is sodomy ok in marriage not ebastiality of course because i know that is a huge sin in gods eyes and so i was wondering if the other type of sodomy is bad if its in marriage because eusmone told me any sexual activity with youre married spouse is ok aside from extremely dirty things such as beatsiality yes i know this a controversial issue and is a lil bit touchy but i really would like to know so if neone could help me that would be cool and please dont call me a pervert or sumthing im just asking because this is a new discovery for me if it even is taht god odes not allow sodomy within marrifageso any help would be cool

thx,
samaan

Comments

• Sodomites are homosexuals.Over the years people have confused certain sexual acts as being akin or related to homosexuality.Paul says in the book of Romans that men and woman{lesbians}have exchanged the natural for the unnatural.Sex between man and woman{in holy marriage}is natural.Sex between man and man or woman with woman is unatural and can never be sanctified by holy marriage.They traded what was right and lawful for what was unlawful and against Gods natural order.

I know what youre asking and that there is differing opinion on the subject but I believe as long as its between a husband and wife,consentual not forced,etc then I believe it to be natural and not considered Sodomy i.e. homosexuality.The homosexuals are the ones who perverted the natural not the other way around.Many will disagree I know.It is a topic that is very controversial and actually a little embarrassing to talk about.Better to talk about it with your priest or pastor in private.
  • is it a sin... to have sex but "safe" sex in marrige?
  • is it a sin... to have sex but "safe" sex in marrige?

I think I read somewhere that the Coptic Orthodox Church doesnt forbid the use of condoms between a man and wife.I may be wrong about that.I know most christians dont think its a sin, with the exception of the Roman Catholic Church.
  • i heard in a lecture from a priest , that copts are only allowed one poisition during sex, but i am not sure some one should look that up..., and i think that its wrong to engage in sodomy even within the marriage because it is unnatural as someone mentioned!

Maria
  • hey all
    i've sat through many sermons in asheya when abouna ends up talking about sex and stuff like that, and here's what i've learned.

sex, in marriage only, is Holy.
    God created the desire and the act. nothing that God creates is bad. it is uniting a man and a woman in marriage to become as one. there's nothing wrong with it, as long as it's done within marriage.
    as far as i kno, protection is allowed... you dont have to have kids everytime.... u kno?

as well, as told by my priest, we're helping God with creation by this act of reproduction... (obviously God can create if He wants to, but He's letting us in on it kinda thing...)

only society can make something so Holy to be so wrong.

sex is a sin only if it's commited outside of marriage....
    my priest reffered to the book of Genesis, the story of Adam and Eve... i dont have the exact reference, but we all know the story of how they ate from the fruit when they weren't supposed to, realized they were naked and hid themselves in shame.
    this shows that because of sin the nakedness of the man and woman was shameful, however before sin, they thought nothing of it. and basically, this is what sin does, it makes somthing that is good in God's presense to be wrong.

some ppl ask is it ok to have sex with a Jesus/Saint picture in the room. answer: yes it is, because God approves of this act within marraige... after all, He created it...

i hope i didnt rant on too much and scare ppl lol....
    just my veiws on this topic

take care and God bless
  • "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, or thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor 6:9-10).

Okay...i think the issue is that St.Paul mentions homosexuals and then mentions sodomites...the result is an interpretation issue ...some may say the sodomy being referred to is the homosexual act...others may think it is not. As far as I know, "sodomy" within marriage is forbidden by the Coptic Orthodox Church...and I guess that makes sense, caz better safe than sorry...but like jfranklin said, u might wanna ask an abouna ::) goodluck with that! and maybe u can then let us know...so we dont all hafta ask abounas :)
  • yeah but copt your answer did not answer samans question about sodomy
  • :)

CrazyCopt and Copt4Life,

Both of you gave great answers!
  • wats sodomy cuz i dunno... is that like being homosexual... ya ya point and laff :-[
  • "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, or thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor 6:9-10).

I noticed in my translation of the Bible the word sodomites was not listed,only homosexuals.Which translation are you using? :)
  • Nelson?...thats wat it says on the Bible...but like everytime ive heard that verse and thats a lot of times its both...so i dunnno...wat version u usin j?
  • I think nelson refers to the publisher.It sounds like you have the King James Bible translation but Im not sure....I use the English Standard Version.Its a new translation but very literal to the original language.The NASB is very good as well. :)
  • wats sodomy cuz i dunno... is that like being homosexual... ya ya point and laff

I think you better look it up in a dictionary...lol...Its not really proper to mention it here on this website.At least I dont think it is{in my opinion}...lol
  • lol hahahha YOU're right by the way Jfranklin ..it is KJV
    :-[ hahah so embarassing...!! :P
  • it is KJV

The KJV was translated several hundreds of years ago.Its a little hard to read since it uses words and phrases that are not used in todays english...lol...I grew up on that version.The New King James Bible is a little more modern but I still prefer other translations. ;)
  • o... isee wat u mean ; :-[ ;D
  • o... isee wat u mean

LOL
  • I know the topic has shifted a bit, and I haven't any wisdom on what sexual positions are permissible within marriage. My posting, however, is to let everyone know that I have heard lectures about different translations of the Bible from several preists, bishops, and servants who have study in the "iklerikaya," and from what I understand, the safest version of the bible is the King James Version, not the New King James Version, because several other translations (mostly by protestant's) have taken away from the divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ (according to their faith). Please, beware of other translations of the bible, they may misguide. There is a new translation of the King James Version, which is not the New King James Version; it has used a more modern form of the English language, but kept the message in essence. Again, please beware of the protestant and catholic translations other than the King James Version, and ask your priest's advice before adopting any new translations.

May the grace of God be with us all.

The King James Bible was translated by a bunch of men who were protestant.Every single one of them....LOL...You cant really change the meaning of the original languages i.e. Aramaic,Greek,etc. It says what it says.Sometimes it doesnt fit our doctrine but thats the way it is.You wont find any "protestants" trying to change the translations.The NASB,ESV,etc are the most literal and accurate translations in the world.They are completely faiyhful to the original text.The Catholic Bible on the other hand does have some very interesting translation that somewhat distort the text{Doui Reims version,etc}.
  • u might wanna ask an abouna goodluck with that!

i have trouble confessing about lieng iono how i woudl be able to talk to abouna about sodomy but i also noticed taht the only place in the bible that is mentioned the sodomy thing i mean besides the old testament "mosaic law" which in other posts you guys have said is not credible anymore

God created the desire and the act. nothing that God creates is bad. it is uniting a man and a woman in marriage to become as one. there's nothing wrong with it, as long as it's done within marriage.its wrong to engage in sodomy even within the marriage because it is unnatural as someone mentioned!....

but thats the thing it seems natural according to many recent studies men find the female buttox to be the most attractive part of the body

so that would make it natural (or a natural attraction)

so how would that make it as in if its a natural attraction

and lastly for jfranklin

The King James Bible was translated by a bunch of men who were protestant.Every single one of them....LOL...You cant really change the meaning of the original languages i.e. Aramaic,Greek,etc. It says what it says.Sometimes it doesnt fit our doctrine but thats the way it is.You wont find any "protestants" trying to change the translations.The NASB,ESV,etc are the most literal and accurate translations in the world.They are completely faiyhful to the original text.The Catholic Bible on the other hand does have some very interesting translation that somewhat distort the text{Doui Reims version,etc}.

dude but it doesnt include the book of tobit or last few books of esther
    so that makes it a lil too protestant

thx ,
    samaan

P.S if neone could ask abouna tommorow i would be very greatful
  • We use the New King James Version of the bible in my church and every other church ive been in. the bishop even uses it
    i dun thionk that it is wrong. mabey your mistaken
  • The last paragraph of this is what gives you the answer to your question, but if u have a few minutes, the whole thing is just a good summary of the topic:

http://www.saintandrew.net/fr_josiah/homily_sexual_relations.htm

and just remember people, we're all living for God anyway, not ourselves.
  • Sodomy: a coupulation-like act between male or female persons(like homosexuals)or between a person and an animal! okay so thats the definition straight out of the dictionary!

its not that inappropiate someone mentioned it before :)

maria
  • Actually, you will find a bunch of Protestants trying to change the bible, because they have. And though the King James Version is a Protestant translation, it is very old and the closest translation we have to the original. I am not mistaken and recommend that you speak to some preists or bishops if you doubt what I'm saying. It does take someone who is very well versed in biblical readings to pick up the differences, but they are there. The New King James version is certainly acceptable, but it does have a couple of verses that imply less divinity of Christ. They are both acceptable, all I meant to encourage was that you take your preist's advice if you use any version of the bible that is not KJV or NKJV.

I am not mistaken and recommend that you speak to some preists or bishops if you doubt what I'm saying. It does take someone who is very well versed in biblical readings to pick up the differences, but they are there.

With all respect...lol...you are mistaken.The KJV is not the most accurate translation of the Bible.Not even close.The NASB is probably the most literal and accurate Bible in the world today though I prefer to use the ESV.Any reputable Bible scholar who is fluent in the original languages will tell you the same. It is true that some versions like the NIV and other modern translation do somewhat "water down" or change the meaning of the Scripture.These translations should be avoided.I agree with you wholeheartedly! But this distortion of Scripture is not some secret conspiracy by "protestants" to decieve people but rather is the work of "liberal" theologians who basicly dont even believe the Bible.

One last thing to remember...The King James is a pretty decent translation but it certainly isnt the best.The translators were all protestants.Some of the most dedicated protestants you will ever find...lol...I find it quite amusing that you are defending this translation so vehemently...lol...By the way,in case you didnt know, I'm an evangelical christian and know a little bit about "protestantism"...lol... ;D My point to all of this is that the KJV is certainly ok to use but its just not the best Bible translation out there.Also there is no conspiracy by protestants to change the Bible.We all have access to the ancient manuscripts so someone wouldnt be able change the meaning even if they wanted to,it wouldnt really make sense as their tranlation would be rejected outright....We've gotten alittle off topic here havent we?...lol
  • ok im gonna ask some fot questions here: really sorry

what is sodomy exactly? sex?

and when dey get in bed or something how does sperm from a man magically enter a woman body?

sorry but im trying to mature Kno what im syain?

if this offends anyone dont answer i will change the post

• hey! its alright the definition of sodomy is in one of my earliar posts! so check that one out sorry too lazy to quote it :) anyways the other thing i cant answer talk to ur parents :)

Maria
  • ok hi ppl... im confused... some one said that we are only allowed one possition during sex? i dont get it? what do u mean? and i thought that we can do anything we want with ou partner (husband/wife) as long as we're married... :-\
  • ahh the position question, okay i said that and then i am not sure about that, thats what i heard at a lecture from one my priests! talk to your FOC!!

maria
  • When you are married you must respect your partners body because you are both the temples of God. You can not do anything you want because your attraction should not be in the flesh but a spiritual attraction. As long as you have these things in mind, truly in mind, then I dont think you will be doing anything wrong.