Struggling - HELP ME (New)

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hello,
You guys know me as Stephanus the adulterous freak.

Well, I realized the problem is emotions. I'm so emotional, and very sensitive. Not in the way you all think of it, but this way: I never ever get offended by anyone regardless of what they say, I never lose temper or become angry at little things (I actually never really am angry ever). I am just sad that with all the gifts God has granted me, I am not using them. What should I do? My goal in life is to get a family, that's it, I don't really care what job or where to live, as long as I have a family to love and support and bring children into this world and my wife and I will teach them how to lighten up the world. Maybe they'll make big differences, maybe small but they'll be golden.

I don't know what to do with myself right now though... The prostitution problem is DEAD thanks to Christ (I won't explain how because it is a long story of an Experience I had last night, God enlightened me with the most beautiful explanation, If you want to know message me).

How can I control my emotions so I don't feel sad, upset, regret?

Thanks
Stephanus The Adulterer (Anyone who lusts for a woman has already committed spiritual Adultery towards her. People might not be strong enough to admit it, but I've lusted probably thousands of times).

Comments

• Do you think "an Experience [you] had last night" will effect your life from now on?! you might be wrong. you have a long way to go. you DO NEED to "feel sad, upset, regret" for a while to let go of a sin like this.
  • I think you have to step back a bit and not go so quickly with your emotions and examine your conscience as it is a better guide on what you should do. So more concentration on the conscience and less on the emotions. The conscience says yes means yes and no means no, just like rules do. Emotions are great they give the power to do things but you need the conscience for control.
  • You NEED to feel upset and sad.
    You NEED to know the severity of sin.
    You NEED to feel regret for what you have done.
    You NEED to sit in your room and weep over your sins.
    Ask God for fountains of many tears for your eyes, as He gave to the adulterous woman who repented.
    But in the end do not despair, because there is hope with Our Lord, who calls all to repentance.

God Bless you in your struggles. Fight the good fight. It's a war out there.
  • You NEED to be glad and rejoice for the Lord has saved you.
    You NEED to be aware of God's great and abundant mercy.
    You NEED to forget your sins and cling to the Lord.
    You NEED to sit in your room and talk and converse and connect with your Savior.

Pray, be confident in His strength and that He will provide you more and more strength as you fight your war. Cling to Him at all times, He won't leave you.
  • [quote author=ShareTheLord link=topic=13533.msg157766#msg157766 date=1342481258]
    You NEED to be glad and rejoice for the Lord has saved you.
    You NEED to sit in your room and talk and converse and connect with your Savior.

Pray, be confident in His strength and that He will provide you more and more strength as you fight your war. Cling to Him at all times, He won't leave you.

Please forgive me if I have misspoken.
  • When we sin, it is good that we feel sorry and a hate towards sin as this helps us stay away from sin.  But it is important that your sadness brings you closer to Christ, that it leads to repentance.  Sorrow that does not lead to Christ, is not from God and is bad for you.. it weakens your spirits, taking away your sense of wellbeing and can lead to depression, anxiety and despair. Never despair, Christ came for us, the sinners, He came to heal and to restore what was destroyed and broken by sin.  He knows our weakness, but in Him we are strong, we have power over the devil to trample him down. 

"Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. For observe this very thing, that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter." (2 Corinthians 7:9-11)

Please read Romans 7 and Romans 8.  Christ is for us and He wants each of us to abide in Him to be conformed to His image and to have eternal life.  When we sin, if we repent and confess we are forgiven.  We will not be condemned for what we have repented and confessed so great is His mercy and love for us! Remember how Jesus defended the adulterous woman, when the Scribes and Pharisees wanted to stone her (John 8 ).  His priority is not our sin (though ofcourse He hates sin because of the damage it does to us), He is concerned about us personally and our souls which are so precious to Him.

In all things make Christ your focus, seek Him and His kingdom, love Him and God will take care of you and your life.  He will arrange your future home life, you can trust Him in this like all other aspects of your life.  Here are a few of my ideas of things you can do when your emotions get too much:
    • Read the Bible. This can often calm you and put things in a heavenly perspective.
    • Read a Psalm.  There is a Psalm for every feeling you might have and this way you can speak with God but not despair.  My favourite Psalm is Psalm 103.
    • Sing a hymn. Somehow singing takes away sorrow and lifts up your spirits  :) A song like ‘Very Early Sunday Morning’ which is about Christ’s resurrection gives you strength.
    • Do something practical.  If you are sad following a sin e.g. watching rubbish on TV or ur computer then make it harder for yourself to do so.  Keep your computer switched off, then put on a parentguard so it will only allow you to access things which are ok for children, put a verse on your screensaver that speaks to you, make your internet home page something Christian or something that is good for you.  That way it takes much more effort and a much more conscious decision before you watch bad TV and then feel sad again.  Also, you can do something nice, when you feel sad try and get up, and chat to a family member or offer to make them a cup of tea.  Help around the house, the dishes, laundry, hoover, gardening.  Call someone you noticed wasn’t at church last week – check they are ok. 

It is important to figure out what works for you, it is easy when you feel sad or emotional to get stuck in that feeling but often doing something little to get you out of it (though hard at first) really works.

Sorry for having written so much, I hope it helps.  Remember that nothing you do makes God love you less, He loves you faithfully and unconditionally. Repent and Confess, make Christ your King and your Joy! When you fall do not despair, pick yourself up and turn back to Him.  Like in the Parable of the Prodigal Son, God is waiting for you impatiently+longs to have you with Him.

God be with you and protect you from all harm :)
  • [quote author=caji link=topic=13533.msg157770#msg157770 date=1342496847]
    [quote author=ShareTheLord link=topic=13533.msg157766#msg157766 date=1342481258]
    You NEED to be glad and rejoice for the Lord has saved you.

Please forgive me if I have misspoken.

You have not, what you said is true, but I thought to bring some equilibrium with some positivity.
    Just a matter of opinion.
  • What? Lol, you seriously have some issues. You're either a genius or your just crazy. Haven't replied to your post in like weeks? I had to post this just as soon as I saw your post. And what problems with prostitutes? You must have like 500 STD's then. Lol, You think someone will marry you, wow.

But God help you, don't do prostitutes, I bet you didn't so you're safe and have no STDs. Just don't do it bro, it's not worth it. And instead of posting stupid crap on Tasbeha.org, get off and write some essays, you seem  to be sufficient enough in the English language. Some people on the Internet have such horrible grammar, It makes you want to die, quite literally. I just want to go over to them and shake them, like why do we have English class these days? What's with grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors? I know I made a crap-load in this post, but this is a rush post and I must post on your topic because you need help with your issues. Get outside, do stuff. Like seriously, prostitutes? Women are overrated. Imagine TIME TRAVEL, yes, you little bugger. You can do SCIENCE in your free time and PRAISE GOD, and yet you choose to worry over what? Prostitutes and control issues. Emotions? Embrace them you little guy. They tell you you're alive. Just don't get all emotional about love. LOVE LOVE LOVE, maybe later but not now. From my experience, any girl that you give love will not give you love back at all, must be just me. Ah well, SCIENCE!

DO WHAT I SAY, GO OUTSIDE DO SCIENCE lOOK AT THE STARS, DO THINGS THAT MAKE YO UENJOY LIFE< PLEASE... don't waste your life, that's useless.

I'm KHAS by the way, My name is lonely blue because the earth is 20 light years away from the nearest earth-like planet (other than mars, which will be blue in the next 150 years), so we're Lonely Blue. GET IT? You need SCIENCE!

EDIT EDIT: I'm not the cold-heartened person I seem to be on the forums, I'm just acknowledging the truth.

• Lonely blue,
                    Desperatreone has said that God has helped him out of the sin. He did because he was searching and God gave him the answer. It doesn't stop with this epithany, this moment of truth, the problem now is to keep his integrity. It started with the search and now he should try and keep as close to God as this epithany showed him. He can stay with the truth about himself and with God.
        Science, that shows what God made and that we are a part of it. Our relationship is one we should understand.
  • [quote author=jerusalem2 link=topic=13533.msg157774#msg157774 date=1342513061]
    When we sin, it is good that we feel sorry and a hate towards sin as this helps us stay away from sin.  But it is important that your sadness brings you closer to Christ, that it leads to repentance.  Sorrow that does not lead to Christ, is not from God and is bad for you.. it weakens your spirits, taking away your sense of wellbeing and can lead to depression, anxiety and despair. Never despair, Christ came for us, the sinners, He came to heal and to restore what was destroyed and broken by sin.  He knows our weakness, but in Him we are strong, we have power over the devil to trample him down. 

"Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. For observe this very thing, that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter." (2 Corinthians 7:9-11)

Please read Romans 7 and Romans 8.  Christ is for us and He wants each of us to abide in Him to be conformed to His image and to have eternal life.  When we sin, if we repent and confess we are forgiven.  We will not be condemned for what we have repented and confessed so great is His mercy and love for us! Remember how Jesus defended the adulterous woman, when the Scribes and Pharisees wanted to stone her (John 8 ).  His priority is not our sin (though ofcourse He hates sin because of the damage it does to us), He is concerned about us personally and our souls which are so precious to Him.

In all things make Christ your focus, seek Him and His kingdom, love Him and God will take care of you and your life.  He will arrange your future home life, you can trust Him in this like all other aspects of your life.  Here are a few of my ideas of things you can do when your emotions get too much:
    • Read the Bible. This can often calm you and put things in a heavenly perspective.
    • Read a Psalm.  There is a Psalm for every feeling you might have and this way you can speak with God but not despair.  My favourite Psalm is Psalm 103.
    • Sing a hymn. Somehow singing takes away sorrow and lifts up your spirits  :) A song like ‘Very Early Sunday Morning’ which is about Christ’s resurrection gives you strength.
    • Do something practical.  If you are sad following a sin e.g. watching rubbish on TV or ur computer then make it harder for yourself to do so.  Keep your computer switched off, then put on a parentguard so it will only allow you to access things which are ok for children, put a verse on your screensaver that speaks to you, make your internet home page something Christian or something that is good for you.  That way it takes much more effort and a much more conscious decision before you watch bad TV and then feel sad again.  Also, you can do something nice, when you feel sad try and get up, and chat to a family member or offer to make them a cup of tea.  Help around the house, the dishes, laundry, hoover, gardening.  Call someone you noticed wasn’t at church last week – check they are ok. 

It is important to figure out what works for you, it is easy when you feel sad or emotional to get stuck in that feeling but often doing something little to get you out of it (though hard at first) really works.

Sorry for having written so much, I hope it helps.  Remember that nothing you do makes God love you less, He loves you faithfully and unconditionally. Repent and Confess, make Christ your King and your Joy! When you fall do not despair, pick yourself up and turn back to Him.  Like in the Parable of the Prodigal Son, God is waiting for you impatiently+longs to have you with Him.

God be with you and protect you from all harm :)

i agree with jerusalem2's post.

• I agree with everything jerusalem2 has posted, but desperateone asked how does he control his emotions? I think it is to use his conscience as the conscience tells you what is right and wrong. So not to be under the sway of his emotions God can teach him by his commandments how to use his conscience and do it well. Our church Fathers were so humble and understood what to do and I couldn't even compare but it is the ability to listen to what is going on that is the best help.