Ahmed Shafiq vs. Mohamed Morsi

edited June 2012 in Random Issues
Please pray for Egypt that Ahmed Shafiq will win the president elections and that God will save Egypt from a disaster!!!!! May our Lord protect all Egyptians, esp. Christians. Our Lord is almighty and as he said: “Mubarak sha3by Masr / Blessed be Egypt my people”.

Comments

• I pray that both lose.
  • It's a little late. I highly doubt Shafik will win.
  • [quote author=Aegyptoc link=topic=13419.msg156891#msg156891 date=1340035582]
    I pray that both lose.

Why, lol?
  • [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=13419.msg156892#msg156892 date=1340035594]
    It's a little late. I highly doubt Shafik will win.

If you are looking at how many votes Mohamed already got, then yes. But nothing is too late with God. Everything is possible! :(

If this ex-prince of the muslimbrothers is going to win, I'm afraid that there will not be a bright future for the Christians..  maybe we are entering a new century of persecution.
    Anyway, please let us not give up. Jesus is our hope.
  • The win proclaimed by the Brotherhood is doubtful, just like all their claims and declarations are. The lead assumed by the the spare tire is yet to be confirmed by an independent agency or by the election committee, which still has to ratify the results and open invistigations in the major infractions by the campaign of Morsy. 

It would not be a surprise if he wins in a nation of which a substaintial portion the population suffer from lack of real education and are living under the poverity limit, and have been indoctrinated in Islam (all version of this cult is satanic and fanatical) for the past 40 years.

Should Shafiq win, it will be nothing short of a miracle.

The fears are attributed mainly to the fact that the Islamists have ruined every country they run. Look at Iran before and after, Tunisia before and after, Lebanon before they intervened in its affairs, and Iraq. 
  • Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

"You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above." -- John 19:11

It is His will we pray for. Nothing less. God will save.
  • [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=13419.msg156892#msg156892 date=1340035594]
    It's a little late. I highly doubt Shafik will win.

yup, unfortunately that's the case :/
  • Over 100 election violations reported by Shafiq's campaign. And now I'm reading that the military will not surrender power until a new parliament is chosen and a constitution is drafted.
  • Mark my words .. Shafiq will win. ;D
  • [quote author=imikhail link=topic=13419.msg156900#msg156900 date=1340041012]
    Mark my words .. Shafiq will win. ;D
    Justification? lol
  • I just don't understand how any good can come from this? If you start with corruption and fraud, what can you possibly end up with? (I am very pessimistic)
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=topic=13419.msg156902#msg156902 date=1340041324]
    I just don't understand how any good can come from this? If you start with corruption and fraud, what can you possibly end up with? (I am very pessimistic)
    I agree.  There's not too much hope for Egypt. All we can do is pray
  • [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=13419.msg156903#msg156903 date=1340042886]
    [quote author=mnc_hnn link=topic=13419.msg156902#msg156902 date=1340041324]
    I just don't understand how any good can come from this? If you start with corruption and fraud, what can you possibly end up with? (I am very pessimistic)
    I agree.  There's not too much hope for Egypt. All we can do is pray

Prayer is not an "all we can do." It should always be the one thing we should do.

ReturnOrthodoxy
  • [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=13419.msg156901#msg156901 date=1340041302]
    [quote author=imikhail link=topic=13419.msg156900#msg156900 date=1340041012]
    Justification? lol

The Military Council will never let the brotherhood run the country. Period.
  • let's pray that the unrest is not too bad and that God will shorten the time of suffering and give us all courage and peace.
  • Imikhail,
    The military council will actually MAKE morsy run the country.. they already put their foot down dissolving the brotherhood majority party, so they are puppeteering them now, and have no shortage of audacity to make him president without any privileges, and then even take the rug from under his feet again... certainly they aren't surrendering power any time soon
    It'll be worse for Egyptian Christians even should shafik have won... these are not the real rulers, but the anti-christian council is.. like in the days of mubarak and sadat and to a lesser extent nasser, it's a policy adopted by gulf-run money driving wahabism, and kicking out Christians with the help of Western governments
    Oujai
  • [quote author=imikhail link=topic=13419.msg156900#msg156900 date=1340041012]

That's what we need: positivity  ;D
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=13419.msg156907#msg156907 date=1340050820]
    let's pray that the unrest is not too bad and that God will shorten the time of suffering and give us all courage and peace.

Amen!!
  • [quote author=imikhail link=topic=13419.msg156905#msg156905 date=1340049929]
    [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=13419.msg156901#msg156901 date=1340041302]
    Justification? lol

The Military Council will never let the brotherhood run the country. Period.

That is exactly what my father told me, word for word.
  • military or not... Christians in Egypt are still doomed, for now.
  • [quote author=+Marmar+ link=topic=13419.msg156909#msg156909 date=1340056969]

That's what we need: positivity  ;D

(Matthew 17:20 NKJV) So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.

lets all have faith! Every thing is possible with God  Plus it’s the apostles fast let’s make the most of it and not only fast from food but fast from sin. Fasting and prayer will do wonders.
  •   CopticWorld.org

Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood claims election victory

Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood claimed victory in historic presidential polls on Monday, hours after the ruling military council issued a constitutional document claiming sweeping power, including legislative control.

"Doctor Mohammed Mursi is the first Egyptian president of the republic elected by the people," read a tweet from the official Twitter account of the Freedom and Justice Party, the Brotherhood's political arm.

The party made the announcement after votes from nearly all Egypt's 13,000 polling stations had been counted. If confirmed, it will be the culmination of a long political struggle for the once-outlawed Muslim Brotherhood.

There was no immediate comment from the campaign of Mursi's opponent, Ahmed Shafiq, and official results are not expected until June 21.

The process was overshadowed by the amended constitutional declaration issued by the ruling Supreme Council of the Armed Forces late Sunday, which replaces an original document issued in March 2011 after Egypt's uprising.

The document grants SCAF legislative powers, after a top court on Thursday ordered the elected parliament dissolved, and gives it veto power over the text of a new permanent constitution.

It keeps SCAF head Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi on as minister of defence for now, and says a new parliamentary vote will come only after a permanent constitution is drafted.

The Muslim Brotherhood immediately denounced the declaration, calling it "null and unconstitutional."
    With votes from nearly 11,000 of Egypt's over 13,000 polling stations counted, the Muslim Brotherhood said tallies showed Mursi with 52.49 percent of the vote to Shafiq's 47.5 percent.
    Shafiq's campaign had no immediate comment on figures. Official results are not expected until June 21, but a final unofficial tally is expected within hours.

Electoral commission officials extended voting for two hours on Sunday in part to allow people to cast their ballots in the relative cool of the evening, but they said turnout appeared lower than during the May 23-24 first round.

The SCAF declaration puts the military on a collision course with the Muslim Brotherhood, whose political arm, the Freedom and Justice Party, dominated the parliament effectively dissolved by a constitutional court ruling on Thursday.

After that ruling, which said a third of the body's members had been elected illegally, the military informed parliament it considered it dissolved, and Sunday's declaration confirmed its retaking of the legislative power it handed to the People's Assembly in January, after a drawn-out election process.
    "The Supreme Council of the Armed Forces shall exercise the powers referred to under the first clause of article 56 (on legislative power)... until the election of a new People's Assembly," the document reads.

Such an election cannot be held until a new permanent constitution is written and adopted by a referendum, it adds.

The writing of the new constitution will be carried out by a "constitutional commission representing all segments of the society" that will have three months to complete its work, the document says.
    It also grants SCAF a veto right over any article of a draft constitution it considers "contrary to the supreme interests of the country."

Egypt's parliament has already appointed a constituent panel to replace an initial group that was dissolved over allegations it was Islamist-dominated.

But the declaration leaves it unclear whether that panel will be able to continue its work, and gives SCAF the right to form a new panel if the current body "is prevented from doing its work."
    It also stipulates that SCAF "as currently constituted, has the power to decide on all matters related to the armed forces, the nomination of its commanders and the extension of their service."

The Muslim Brotherhood and revolutionary youth movements denounced the declaration as a "coup" and the Freedom and Justice Party said it rejected any bid by the military to retake legislative power.
    And parliamentary speaker Saad al-Katatni, an FJP member, said the constituent assembly appointed by the parliament would continue its work.

The new political uncertainty comes after an electoral race that polarised the nation, dividing those who fear a return to the old regime under Shafiq from others who want to keep religion out of politics.
    The new president will inherit a struggling economy, deteriorating security and the challenge of uniting a nation divided by the 18-day uprising that toppled Mubarak in February 2011.

The steps that have consolidated the power of the ruling SCAF have infuriated activists, who point to the court's annulment of parliament, as well as a justice ministry decision granting the army the right to arrest civilians, as proof of the military's plans to cement its power.

But the military says it does not want to stay in charge and has promised to hand power to the newly elected president by the end of the month.

God will glorify his name through this. I believe God has a lot in store for us, his sons and daughters, these upcoming days.
  • I think we all have to think out the box
    I mean I dont want persecution but
    Maybe God just wants The brotherhood to take over so that He gets more martyrs to His name. Whatever He does is His will

'thy will be done'
    Persecution isn't all bad I mean people receive golden crowns upon their heads and we shouldn't cry (i know its only a human thing to cry) because we are not against the great will of Christ we aren't against heaven (Tasoni Angel, Fr Bishoy Kamel's wife said that)

God's will be done
  • [quote author=marinacopt link=topic=13419.msg156921#msg156921 date=1340101392]
    I think we all have to think out the box
    Maybe God just wants The brotherhood to take over so that He gets more martyrs to His name. Whatever He does is His will

'thy will be done'
    Persecution isn't all bad I mean people receive golden crowns upon their heads and we shouldn't cry (i know its only a human thing to cry) because we are not against the great will of Christ we aren't against heaven (Tasoni Angel, Fr Bishoy Kamel's wife said that)

God's will be done

Easier said than done.
  • [quote author=marinacopt link=topic=13419.msg156921#msg156921 date=1340101392]

'thy will be done'

God's will be done

The principle is sound, and there is no objection to it, but I find it hard for me to tell my bretheren : Go, be martyred, and get crowns, while I have it easy here in Canada.

• [quote author=Stavro link=topic=13419.msg156926#msg156926 date=1340125803]
    [quote author=marinacopt link=topic=13419.msg156921#msg156921 date=1340101392]

'thy will be done'

God's will be done

The principle is sound, and there is no objection to it, but I find it hard for me to tell my bretheren : Go, be martyred, and get crowns, while I have it easy here in Canada.

I agree Stavros. But I’m sure that if there is mass persecution in Egypt the rest of the world will interfere... I hope. 
  • The world does not care.

They are watching, and doing nothing, relative to what is happening in Syria.
    This is no different than in other parts of Africa or Asia.

The United States helped MB put a candidate on the ballot.  In their stupidity, they think that because he was educated in the USA he will be sympathetic and have American leaning.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=13419.msg156933#msg156933 date=1340138345]
    The world does not care.

They are watching, and doing nothing, relative to what is happening in Syria.
    This is no different than in other parts of Africa or Asia.

The United States helped MB put a candidate on the ballot.  In their stupidity, they think that because he was educated in the USA he will be sympathetic and have American leaning.

thats sad >:(
  • Put your hope in God, and not on people or princes.  Psalm 117

When we pray we say "let your will be done"

We should pray for Gods will not for who we want!! that's our will. We do not really know who is good for Egypt, they can be both bad for Egypt, and sometimes bad people can be turned to good.

Remember God sees everything, Pray for His will not your desires because we cannot see everything.

• [quote author=Pharaoh714 link=topic=13419.msg156937#msg156937 date=1340140963]
    Put your hope in God, and not on people or princes.  Psalm 117

When we pray we say "let your will be done"

We should pray for Gods will not for who we want!! that's our will. We do not really know who is good for Egypt, they can be both bad for Egypt, and sometimes bad people can be turned to good.

Remember God sees everything, Pray for His will not your desires because we cannot see everything.

Thanks Pharaoh, you are so right!