Original Bible

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey everyone,

Can someone tell me something about the original Bible? I am pretty sure that our Bible is true, but I just would like to know it, with reference with a videos someone sent me: [url see part: 2:17

I think his arguments are weak, but how do I "prove" to an unbeliever (a muslim) that the Bible is correct and correct transalated?

I also find this link: [urlhttp://www.raptureforums.com/forum/bible-study-q/3476-where-original-bible.html][/url]

Just out of curiosity.
So what do you think?

Comments

• Sorry, that link of the video wasn't the good one.
    Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6PWFvzKl3I
  • Correct: Have to get back to you

Correclty translated: You can look at many other languages of the bible, translated by different people at different time. And they will all mean the same thing.
  • Well physical proof that the Septuagint was correctly translated was a miracle. The scribes were split into 70 groups and those groups weren't allowed to associate with each other until they all translated the Old Testament. After they were done all 70 translations matched WORD FOR WORD. This is extremely improbable and is a miracle and is obvious that a supreme Being had something to do with it, and that is God.
  • Also we can compare the OT to the dead sea scrolls and find that it is nearly verbatim, aside from cultural differences in language. Also, we can assemble the whole of scripture from the writings of the church fathers. So when someone says, "you dont have the original" you are correct, but we know what the original said because the early church fathers writings. We can take the scriptures Irenaeus wrote, then commented on and compare them to another church father or even our modern day bible and find that there is an astonishing accuracy between the two.
  • To answer these doubts, you need to challenge the doubter to pinpoint what his/her doubt is. Never answer or attempt to debate general allegations. Always, ask the doubter to provide you the 4 W's:

What was changed?
    Who changed it?
    Where was it changed?
    Why was it changed?

Most people, including this guy in the video, make general statements without going into the specifics.
  • iMike,

You forgot a "W".

When was it changed?
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=12765.msg149886#msg149886 date=1325619241]
    iMike,

You forgot a "W".

When was it changed?

Thank you so much ISLM.

Then we have the 5 W's.

What was changed?
    Who changed it?
    Where was it changed?
    When was it changed?
    Why was it changed?
  • [quote author=+Marmar+ link=topic=12765.msg149838#msg149838 date=1325536620]
    Hey everyone,

Can someone tell me something about the original Bible? I am pretty sure that our Bible is true, but I just would like to know it, with reference with a videos someone sent me: [url see part: 2:17

I think his arguments are weak, but how do I "prove" to an unbeliever (a muslim) that the Bible is correct and correct transalated?

I also find this link: [urlhttp://www.raptureforums.com/forum/bible-study-q/3476-where-original-bible.html][/url]

Just out of curiosity.
    So what do you think?

First of all, there is no such thing as the original Bible. The Apostles, Disciples, Old Testament Kings, Old Testament Prophets didn't sit down in a room and write the entire Bible in one sitting.  The formation of the canon took hundreds of years. It came down to us in bits and pieces and tied all together around the 3rd century.  So the question is faulty to begin with. Don't get suckered into trying to find an answer to an illogical question.

Second, don't be "pretty sure that our Bible is true." Be 101% absolutely sure that our Bible is true. If you're not, then don't argue or try to convince non-believers. You'll do much harm to yourself.

Third, don't look to ultra-Protestantism at raptureforums.com for answers. They're faulty in themselves. Research the patristic fathers. I guarantee you the answer is there.

Finally, the only way to convince a non-believer of anything is to prove it in his language and his reality, not yours. If debating with a Muslim, you will have a more powerful effect if you can prove the Quran or Islam believes the Bible is true (which it does). Whatever parts are not found in the Quran can be argue with other beliefs in Islam. If you are debating with an atheist, don't use the Quran arguments or the Christian arguments. You'll need to use logic and science. And any other non-believer will need a customized approach and answer. Don't look for a cookie-cutter recipe. It doesn't work.
  • I would like to add this link I found v accurate:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AlhayatFan?feature=watch#g/c/0F15308C06CE98B6

Watch episodes 29 30 31 32 and 46 - there are a lot more but I think these are v helpful.

GBU
  • Why, would God allow for his words to be altered. You cant use the Bible to prove God wrong, because if God is real, then so is the Bible