Support to Pope Shenouda III - Facebook Users

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
If you have a facebook account:

As a statement of our support to Pope Shenouda III and as a silent protest, we're changing our facebook pictures to the image of the man who is being targeted with hate for being the headfigure who stands up for our faith in Egypt amidst tribulations from people/haters who want to defame the name of Christ and Christians the world over.

Please spread the word.

Comments

• Could you explain or give a link about what exactly is going on? I saw those facebook groups calling His Holiness a terrorist and a homosexual, but what is the status in Egypt?
  • Yes please explain I am also willing to put his pic for my profile pic. May god help him
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=9854.msg120672#msg120672 date=1286935020]
    If you have a facebook account:

As a statement of our support to Pope Shenouda III and as a silent protest, we're changing our facebook pictures to the image of the man who is being targeted with hate for being the headfigure who stands up for our faith in Egypt amidst tribulations from people/haters who want to defame the name of Christ and Christians the world over.

Please spread the word.

Hi Mina,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Its a great idea what you are suggesting.

Please explain more -

Is this anything to do with the videos I posted that were attacking our Pontiff??

Why are people doing this?
  • We're all with the Pope and we all love him dearly!! The Lord will fight for us.
  • [quote author=user00 link=topic=9854.msg120681#msg120681 date=1286953311]
    We're all with the Pope and we all love him dearly!! The Lord will fight for us.

User00,

Has this got anything to do with the videos I warned everyone about?

can someone just tell me exactly what has happened??
  • His Holiness, as a real symbol of the Coptic Orthodox Church, and Father to the Fathers of the Church and Its Faithful, is under attack in a multi-faceted attack.  Examples:

1. Max Michel, the anti-christ, usurper, and former seminarian under the tutelage of the Pope.  He continues to raise stories and suppositions against the Pope on a personal and physical basis.

2.  The Government of Egypt which is frustrated by His Holiness continued care for the Lord's Flock, which embarasses the government for how biased they are against their own citizen.

3.  Anti-sacramentalist who have raised lawsuits against the Church and His Holiness (personally) as targets in order to try to legitimize their implicit and explicit immorality.

4.  The Islamic tide in the country that is trying to remove Christianity from Egypt.

5.  Members (childish and pathetic) that hold a gripe against the Pope for his stance against Abouna Matta El-Meskeen.  They venerate the deceased monk as a saint, and are constantly on the attack against the Pope and are looking for the days until his repose.

6.  His Holiness age and health (are his enemies at this point).

All of these factors along with a list of others are plotting and pushing His Holiness to try to tip his health to demise.

Our Father, the Father of Fathers, His Holiness is a Gift of the Holy Spirit to the People of the Coptic Orthodox Church.  He should be in our prayers on an hourly basis.  I parallel the battles that have befallen him on the lines of that which St. Athanasius and St. Dioscorus encountered.  God preserve his life.  God preserve his life. God preserve us all because of this Holy Man's Life.
  • I will add one more thought.

Be very careful about criticizing our clergy.  Do not let personal emotions go beyond any boundary which may be a cause or precedence by which outsiders can attack the Church.

Remember:

1.  The flagrant attack by Sadat, an anti-christ, against the Church and the Pope, were as a result of our own people carrying out with improper conduct and comments.

2.  The recent attacks against the Church and the Pope, have as a precedence been prompted by the parties I mentioned.

Anything we do, including stupid satire videos on the internet, are fodder by which the enemies of the Church muster strength and gall to carry out their own agenda.  This includes the stupid satire skits at youth conventions.  The wearing of vestments, that should be reserved for the service of the altar, to carry out these idiotic skits.

These things tend to give ideas, and be cut/paste, photoshopped, into so many different end products.

I say to my brethren in the diaconate, be an example, not a source for the attack to be carried out against the Church--this includes conduct outside of the Church.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9854.msg120688#msg120688 date=1286967501]
    His Holiness, as a real symbol of the Coptic Orthodox Church, and Father to the Fathers of the Church and Its Faithful, is under attack in a multi-faceted attack.  Examples:

1. Max Michel, the anti-christ, usurper, and former seminarian under the tutelage of the Pope.  He continues to raise stories and suppositions against the Pope on a personal and physical basis.

1. God personally died for him. 2. I doubt the Pope has any serious threats he's dealing with.
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=9854.msg120698#msg120698 date=1286977932]
    1. God personally died for him. 2. I doubt the Pope has any serious threats he's dealing with.

ohhhhhhh you'll be surprised. you just don't hear about any....and his holiness does that on purpose...he keeps things hidden of the sake of those in egypt. but this time, the thread is very public and broad.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=9854.msg120707#msg120707 date=1286985683]
    [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=9854.msg120698#msg120698 date=1286977932]

ohhhhhhh you'll be surprised. you just don't hear about any....and his holiness does that on purpose...he keeps things hidden of the sake of those in egypt. but this time, the thread is very public and broad.

What threat???

Can you at least post some links. I haven't heard of any threat.
  • If you read arabic, you may log onto the Egyptian newspaper website:  Al-Ahram.

Here is a linK:  http://www.ahram.org.eg/
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9854.msg120711#msg120711 date=1286994299]
    If you read arabic, you may log onto the Egyptian newspaper website:  Al-Ahram.

Here is a linK:  http://www.ahram.org.eg/

hmmmmm, any article i should look for....i can't search in arabic on this pc.
  • I will try to get some links from my dad.
  • Abouna Paulos of the Ethiopian Orthodox church gets ALOT of this same thing. It is actually disturbing. The only reason he get it is because he was asked about the current government and he said that he feels blessed because it is not the communist government anymore and that he would much rather live under the current PM Meles Zenawi. Ever since then he has had all kinds of propaganda pictures made of him with swastikas and such.

This is weird though, I just had a dream in which I seen an altar, a beautiful altar with Icons all over, and then it was attacked with a sledge hammer or something. It was cracked but not broken. I wonder if this has any significance or if it was just a coincidence.
  • Here is a page fighting against all of the groups that are popping up against H.H. The groups that are out there are just so amazingly childish.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Unite-to-Report-Every-Hate-Group-Against-our-father-HH-Pope-Shenouda/166841263331543
  • I am not privy as to what is happening. What exactly is happening, and why is H.H. being accused of?
  • I am sorry for my ignorance, but can somebody please explain to me how changing our default pictures on facebook will benefit HH? I mean honestly, since when has facebook played a role in the government or society for making changes? Who is going to even see the pictures besides our facebook "friends". HH will not and does not have the time to see these things either, so he really can't see our support but rather I think it is an unspoken thing that is felt by the feedback he receives from his weekly meetings. Aside from that, I dislike "protests". For the issue in Nagi Hammadi there were many many vocal protests done in front of state and government buildings but to no avail it changed nothing in the condition. Again I question, what will this silent "protest" do, that a vocal one did not accomplish by any measure? I find that prayer, unlike protests are more beneficial. "All the stars in the heavens could be more easily counted than all the miracles worked on earth by prayer"- St. Nicholai of Zica.
    I know somebody that just came from Egypt yesterday and when asked about all the things happening in Egypt, they said life is completely normal and everybody is busy doing their own thing and living life to just get by. None of what is on the news is going on and that its just some extremist groups creating the commotion.  It seems that all the news reports are very exaggerated and focus only to publicize the news that will attract attention- just a personal opinion.

One last thing that I would like to add is that I dearly love HH and he is one of the greatest figures I look up to in my life in all its aspects and that this is in no way shape or form an attack on him. However, I am just simply having a hard time understanding the significance and purpose of this and in need for somebody to please enlighten me and teach me as I am not well informed with much wisdom as many of you.. Thanks :)
  • JoyfulinHim,
    A protest is a method in which the party concerned publicly display their frustration, concern to the public. There is nothing wrong with taking a stand against what is false, harmful to the rest of the community. Those oppoiste are using numbers to voice their petty arguments, we need to pray but with prayer goes action. Action that takes a stand against evil acts and that hurts our father. His Holiness is our father and is natural for his children to be upset and stand up, voice our concerns. You may not thing changing fb pictures ti His Holiness, but to us it is solidarity,a form of support. Whether or not something is done now, later or never; it sends a form of support, and our voices are heard whether they choose to hear it or ignore it. That's my two cents,

Coptic youth
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9854.msg120732#msg120732 date=1287028824]
    I am not privy as to what is happening. What exactly is happening, and why is H.H. being accused of?

well.....i don't think we know what he is accused of either......his holiness himself probably doesn't know. it have to do with the comments Anba Bishoy said about Islam and the qor'an in one convention and how almost all newspapers took what he said and changed into somthing he didn't really mean. so muslims are going crazy requesting an "apology" from HIS HOLINESS for that. which doesn't make sense since it was Anba Bishoy who said the comments and not HH.
  • Do you have any news links on any threats? We haven't heard anything about an "uprising" against H.H here in Europe.

Thanks
  • [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=9854.msg120746#msg120746 date=1287060006]
    Do you have any news links on any threats? We haven't heard anything about an "uprising" against H.H here in Europe.

yeah. only in egypt. more specifically as the pope says in Cairo Alex and also got to tanta.
    watch this interview and you should get the whole idea:
    video only one part of 4 so watch the rest too
  • [quote author=servant33 link=topic=9854.msg120750#msg120750 date=1287069451]
    Here is an article that may help in clearing things up:
    http://english.freecopts.net/english//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1104&Itemid=1

Thank you.

This is clear. The videos of Mahmoud Al Kaoud are not of a disgruntled Copt. It really is the works of Islamic forces trying to destabilize our Church and to have the Pope dissmissed.

This is absolutely crazy. Its a nightmare. Our Holy Pontiff does not deserve this. He has done nothing wrong.

I just saw a video of Wafa Constantine who repudiates all accusations that she became muslim. This is remarkable.

Mina, we have to think of something more useful than just changing our facebook photos.

Egypt, according to the videos I've seen and the above statement is on the verge of sectarian violence.

• Zoxasi

I looked on that page for information about Mahmoud Al Kaoud but couldn't find any? Where did you find it said he was a Muslim?

I am sure he is a "Christian" because he exists no-where except in anonymous postings. If he was a Muslim why would he be anonymous?

Father Peter
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=9854.msg120753#msg120753 date=1287070707]
    Zoxasi

I looked on that page for information about Mahmoud Al Kaoud but couldn't find any? Where did you find it said he was a Muslim?

I am sure he is a "Christian" because he exists no-where except in anonymous postings. If he was a Muslim why would he be anonymous?

Father Peter

Fr. Peter,

The author of the video I posted has the same agenda as the Muslim Brotherhood, and countless of other muslims around Egypt

http://www.aina.org/news/20100921210800.htm

Dr. Selim Al-Awah, a muslim scholar has accused the Church of stockpiling weapons in monasteries - saying that Christians are going to, or are intending to, create a Coptic State.

This is absolutely nonsense.

Dr. Salim had a 2 hour slot on Al-Jazeera TV spewing out his venom against Coptic Christians this month.

So, as far as I can see, you can take it that the people like Mahmoud al Kaoud and Dr. Salim both have the same agenda: to dissmiss the Pope, and marginalize even further the Coptic Christians to the point they are faced with Islamisation themselves.

Please do not go off now and say stuff like "but it sounds like a disgruntled Coptic Christian" otherwise my blood will really boil.

The evidence is here:

http://www.aina.org/news/20100921210800.htm

Causing sectarian violence, or slander is a criminal offence in Egypt. This is why this person would like to remain anonymous.

If there were TEN demonstrations across Egypt demanding the dissmissal of the Pope, I take it that such comments from mr "Kaoud" only add to the fire.

The Coptic Orthodox Church has already filed 2 lawsuits against Al-Awa and Al-Jazeera for inciting sectarian violence and irresponsible reporting.
  • http://www.arabvision.org/content/incitement-against-copts-aljazeera

I don't have access to youtube, but you can get the video of Dr. Salim's interview on AlJazeera there.

This is the most serious situation the Church has been in with respect to Islamic fundamentals. The hatred and their resolve to destroy our Church is increasing.

• Islam is a despicable religion and the Egyptian muslims are disgusting and despicable people.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9854.msg120763#msg120763 date=1287087152]
    Islam is a despicable religion and the Egyptian muslims are disgusting and despicable people.

Great. That's going to solve our problems.

Thanks Ioannes.