Support to Pope Shenouda III - Facebook Users

2»

Comments

• Do you think this problem will be "solved"?
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9854.msg120766#msg120766 date=1287087570]
    Do you think this problem will be "solved"?

Did you see the video on MEMRI of this man talking?

He thinks we're piling weapons of mass destruction in our monasteries. lol

I pity his little brain, but it is so twisted.

I hope Egyptians - muslims in particular, can prove to us that they have a higher IQ than what their prophet and god took them for and not believe any of this rubbish.
  • guys, i know that we have had a long history with this religion but we shouldn't call them names cuz then we stoop down to their level. i have a quote for this:

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you by experience." - My math teacher.

I know it's sounds like a sunday school answer but we seriously should just treat like they are mentally retarded(they don't know what they are doing.) We should have compassion. I had a huge meltdown yestarday when i saw this video and i was about to overload his email in a matter of an hour but "anba bola" pointed out to me that i am just stooping to his level.

God bless our church and Protect her.
  • God told us not to return evil with evil. I think that says enough.
  • [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=9854.msg120782#msg120782 date=1287100496]
    God told us not to return evil with evil. I think that says enough.

Not sure if this is referring to my comments but if it is, I am sick of hearing this kind of non-sense. I am making an observation, pointing out the truth. Should I not voice my opinion? Reading the early church fathers will show you how to speak directly without actually speaking evil. If its true, its true. If it upsets you then go hug a tree or save the environment.
  • Ioannes that last remark u just made to George mina awad was't very nice I don't think I ever remember any church father say it's ok to tell someone to go hug a tree but if trees do exist than I guess all what ur saying is ok.

Look, my point is calling them names isn't going to help, even though it's true how is that going to help the situation. Everybody will be judged for every word coming out of the mouth.
  • I think it is unfair whenever we post a link showing how our beloved Church is suffering, and what is being said about it and her leaders, tha we get comments like this.

We are faced with persecution in Egypt, whether it is through Islam, or Secularism or Atheism, it doesn't matter.

Today, the enemy of the Church is the God of Islam, and the prophet of Islam. He has led people astray for the last 1400 years, and has made them do the most horrendous things.

Sure, you can love them, and I encourage that. I encourage you to pray for them even. That's noble geomike, but what I disagree with is not living in the reality of the threat the Church is actually faced with.

How do you answer or even love someone who is accusing the Pope of terrorism? How do you answer someone who thinks the CHurch is stockpiling weapons?? Its so ridiculous, it would be funny, if these people were not serious about their words.

I fear, personally for the west. I see a civil war breaking out.

Yesterday was the court hearing of Major N. Hassan.. the muslim army doctor who killed 13 of his comrades. They did not find him to be insane, nor did they find him to be involved with AlQaeda. America will wake up one sweet day and realise their problem is with Islam, the god of Islam and the prophet of Islam.

They are still politically correct, and the 1st thing BOTH presidents have said was "Islam is a religion of peace" - without having any knowledge of Islam, nor its agenda.

• [quote author=geomike link=topic=9854.msg120789#msg120789 date=1287114281]
    Ioannes that last remark u just made to George mina awad was't very nice I don't think I ever remember any church father say it's ok to tell someone to go hug a tree but if trees do exist than I guess all what ur saying is ok.

Look, my point is calling them names isn't going to help, even though it's true how is that going to help the situation. Everybody will be judged for every word coming out of the mouth.

You have redifined name calling.
  • May God help and protect our beloves baba Shenouda.
    Yeeeeeeeh he is In HOLLAND NOW!! Everyone watch CTV and also tomorrow at 1 a.m/ 2.a.m.
    :D:D
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9854.msg120766#msg120766 date=1287087570]
    Do you think this problem will be "solved"?

I'm sure that if God wills it will be solved. Let us not forget the moving of the mountain in Egypt. If it had not occurred, all the Christians would have been killed. If the mountain can be moved, this surely is easy for God. Let us not limit God and let us also understand that the best way to help is through prayer and by allowing God to use us.

Let us not respond, not because we can't but so that we don't escalate things. That is what Pope Shenouda does, and what we should do. He said this himself in an article but I can't find it. In this situation, we must understand that these people know not what they do. Let us say with Christ "Father forgive, them for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34)

It is also important to remember that Many Muslims don't fully understand the situation and all their info is from what they are told. =
  • I agree anba bola. There is no sense in responding. Many of them are not capable of understanding because their hearts are hardened and or they do not want to understand. So we should let our leaders respond accordingly, and let what is going to happen, happen. We cannot do anything if it is not the will of God.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9854.msg120763#msg120763 date=1287087152]
    Egyptian muslims are disgusting and despicable people.

do you not understand that God personally died for each one of us? not for humanity in general but to any single person that catches your eye in the streets... so how can you say that?
  • Seriously Ioannes, read the post before mine, don't even tell me that wasn't name calling, but i won't reply anymore to this thread because this is getting extremely childish and i don't want tasbeha.org forums to become copticheritage.org forums.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9854.msg120784#msg120784 date=1287106852]
    [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=9854.msg120782#msg120782 date=1287100496]
    God told us not to return evil with evil. I think that says enough.

Not sure if this is referring to my comments but if it is, I am sick of hearing this kind of non-sense. I am making an observation, pointing out the truth. Should I not voice my opinion? Reading the early church fathers will show you how to speak directly without actually speaking evil. If its true, its true. If it upsets you then go hug a tree or save the environment.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that to be a personal attack. I agree with you. I'm only saying, be mindful of the retaliation you (not specifically you) desire.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9854.msg120822#msg120822 date=1287180136]
    I agree anba bola. There is no sense in responding. Many of them are not capable of understanding because their hearts are hardened and or they do not want to understand. So we should let our leaders respond accordingly, and let what is going to happen, happen. We cannot do anything if it is not the will of God.

Forgive me brother,
    but I don't think it is a matter of that ther is no sense in responding but rather that in responding to this, if done in the wrong way could add fuel to the fire, and cause problems for our coptic bretheren in Egypt. We must be very cautious with our words, as it is words that escalated the problem in the first place. I think that many simply don't know what they're doing. They may not understand that we are not doing anything wrong, through myths circulating that we hide weapons in the monasteries and that we forced the Priest's wife, Camellia Zakhir, to renounce islam. Let us be loving and not angry. When Pope Shenouda spoke of the controversy he said "You don't extinguish fire by adding more fire, you need water".

Let us use the water which is love to put out the fire, namely anger. Right now is a time for prayer. I hear people want to protest in front of embassies, but I haven't heard anyone suggest a prayer meeting on the issue. Prayer is the key to all. Through prayer we reach the most high God, who has control over this matter, and we appeal to him. Why do we complain to world leaders, when we can bring our complaints to the Leader of all things? Why do we put our trust in men, when we have God to put our trust in? Let us my bretheren pray that if he is willing God end this matter, but that over all His will is done above ours, and that he open the eyes of our muslim brethern, who may not see properly.

pray for me,
    Anba Bola
  • When can we return our facebook pics back to normal?
  • [quote author=servant33 link=topic=9854.msg121257#msg121257 date=1287982214]
    When can we return our facebook pics back to normal?

hmmmm....whenever you want...
    i think we got most of the groups.
  • I think we should keep our fb pics of his holiness for a while.  :'(
  • HH the Pope is probably now in the USA (I think in Cleavland) for medical follow up.
    You can also send him your good wishes  :)

GBU
  • To the coptic community,

Good day, I didnt have an active facebook account but I offered and can offer prayers wherever I go, for he changed my life. Even Im not yet a full coptic but I already love this community..."It is hard to visit egypt financially, but I prayed and egypt visited my homeland a while ago"..Im heard, and always heard, Thanks, Praise and Glory be to GOD always, Amen...
    As what the H.H. written, all events have a reason and it will always end for good for those who have live in faith...
    For this, I made coptic hymn continous playing while im on sea, either sleeping or taking a watch....

"....Diyos ko, bendisyone man si Pope Shenouda III kag ang tanan nga mga tao kapin pa ang mga nagamakaayo sa Imo...."

"...My God, Please bless Pope Shenouda III and all mankind specially those who love You (OOC)..."

Thanks and Glory be to GOD always, Amen.

In prayers always,

Jerold.

+      +      +