Gospel Response Palm Sunday

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
I was reviewing my palm Sunday hymns and I found cantor Ibrahim Ayad recorded the Gospel Responses for Liturgy in Coptic and Arabic. Does any one have the lyrics for them?

Comments

• Well there are four gospels in Palm Sunday. Which one are(s) are you seeking? there is this one which is said after the fist gospel:

[coptic]Wcanna  qen  ny et`[oci>  vai  pe  `pouro  `mPi=c=l  >  `f`cmarwout  `nje    vy e;nyou  qen  `vran  ``m`P=o=c    `nte nijom  .[/coptic]

أوصنا فى الأعالى هذا هو ملك إسرائيل مبـارك الآتـى باسـم رب القوات
  • I mean the one only in Arabic for the other 3 gospels.

He who sits upon the Cherubim,...
    الجالس فوق الشاروبيم،
    On the way they spread garments,...
    في الطريق فرشوا قمصان
    Today the sayings are fulfilled,...
    اليوم تمت الأقوال
  • Second Week:

الجالس فـــــوق الشاروبيــم : اليوم ظهر فى أورشليــــم : راكباً على جحش بمجد عظيم : وحوله طقوس نى أنجيلوس

Third Week:

فى الطريق فرشوا القمصان : ومن الشجر قطعوا الأغصان :  وهم يصيحون بالألحان :  أوصنا  إبشيرى إن دافيــــــــد

Fourth Week:

اليوم تمـت الأقـــــوال:  مـن النبــــوات والأمثــــال:
    كما تنبأ زكريا وقـال:  نبوة عن إيسوس  بخرستــوس

• He uses the greek txt from evlogimenos, followed by the standard coptic end "je efesmaro-out enje fi ethniou khen efran..."

So first is: Osanna to ejo David, palin to ejo David, je efesmaro-out...
    Second: Osanna entis epsistis, palin entis epsistis, je efesmaro-out...
    Third: Osanna Vasili to Israil, palin vasili to Israil, je efesmaro-out...
  • There is misunderstanding for what I need. I need the Coptic translation for this Gospel Responses. you can find the audio in cantor Ibrahim Ayad record.
  • I haven't heard the responses myself but the translation of what Hos Erof provided would simply go like this:
    2nd: Hosanna to the Son of David: again to the Son of David: Blessed is He who comes: In the name of the Lord of of Hosts
    3rd: Hosanna in the highest: again in the highest: Blessed ...
    4th: Hosanna to the King of Israel: again to the king of Israel: Blessed ...
    هوشعنا لإبن داود و أيضاً لإبن داود مبارك الأتي بإسم الرب

هوشعنا في الاعالي و أيضاً في الاعالي مبارك ...

هوشعنا لملك إسرائيل و أيضاً لملك إسرائيل مبارك ...

[coptic]oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]
  • What Ibrahim Ayad recorded in greek/coptic is not a translation of the arabic parts, but they are composed of parts of evlogimenos and the standard coptic response. Are you looking for the translation of the original arabic txt (el galis fawk etc)? Or the translation of the newly composed parts as I mentioned?
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=8959.msg112053#msg112053 date=1268948964]
    What Ibrahim Ayad recorded in greek/coptic is not a translation of the arabic parts, but they are composed of parts of evlogimenos and the standard coptic response. Are you looking for the translation of the original arabic txt (el galis fawk etc)? Or the translation of the newly composed parts as I mentioned?

What I need is all of these responses written in Coptic letter special the 4th response. 
  • Fourth response:

[coptic]Vyethemci hijen ni<eroubim@ aftalyout `eou`e`w@ afse `eqoun `eIeroucalym@ ou pe painis] `n;ebio.[/coptic]
    He who sits upon the Cherubim, rode a colt and entered Jerusalem, O what great humility.
    الجالس علي الشاروبيم ركب أتاناً، و دخل إلي أورشليم.يا لهذا التواضع العظيم.

taken from: http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/280

btw, he didn't make this up....it's tasleem from M Fahim.
  • So is that a teaching of cantor Fahim's? That is good, so what about the rest of the gospels? Mina, please understand I don't mean to be cynical here, but if that is the teaching of cantor Fahim why do none of the deacon service books have the Coptic text of the responses, and I am talking about the older ones that are being used as sources? Please explain that to me...
  • All 4 responses are recorded by M Fahim. Actually, to be exact, they are what the whole cathedral prayed with in his time. I heard the gospel responses on a live recording of palm sunday in the cathedral, can't remember which year.

As for the text, they are not explicitly in a book. I checked in Albair's 2nd edition and they are not. But i have to say, this doesn't deny their validity as a gospel response. it makes sense that THERE IS a COPTIC gospel response (or maybe none at all between the gospels). But the tarkeeb in text of these 4 is great. i don't see the problem since we sometimes rakeeb gospel responses ourself.
  • OK Mina understood, but it will be a bit hard for me to understand if cantor Fahim took the Arabic text and Copticised it... what do you think?