sweet 16s!

2»

Comments

• not infront of the alter i think but yea in the church building

btw can someone please please plz tell me what is weet 16s?
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=10;threadid=3168;start=0#msg47221 date=1139187738]
    well..she was planning to get a bellydancer and blah blah...but when abouna said no she canceld everything that can be wrong!
    what else can she do?

GBU
    sandra

sandrahanna, I think you should have mentioned that first, because I knew Abouna wouldn't cancel the birthday party without a reason, I think Abouna knows what he should do, plus she can just cancel the bellydancer it's not going to make a difference like somebody just said so, but the main point here is, she can have the party, or even just ask Abouna if she can have the party without the belly dancer there, maybe it could change, is it like a gimmick she wants people to enjoy her party right? well, I think she can do that without the belly dancer there, and maybe some people complained to Abouna, because maybe they aren't to comfortable or aren't comfortable at all, SORRY I wrote maybe too much! I think without the belly dancer they will all have a fun time, please forgive me if I insulted/offended anyone in anyway by this post, if you don't agree with me, please tell me why!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • mnc_hnnI agree that she should go with her parents and talk to Abouna. And about the priest having the right to take away communion, he does. Its actually his duty to decide on such matters. It is also his job to decide if a person should be forgiven for their sins(if they haven't repented)----refer to the verse in the Bible, Those whose sins you will remit, they are remitted to them, and those you will retain, they are retained.(not sure of exact words).
    By the way mnc_hnn, a sweet sixteen is basically a big party that some people in America have to celebrate their sixteenth birthday (I don't really know what's so special about your sixteenth birthday though {except that you get your permit at that age in NJ}).
  • people, we don't celebrate sweet 16s because we get our liscens!!

actually in florida u get ur permit when u r 15 and ur liscens when u r 16!

GBU
    sandra
  • btw..she is having her bday party next saturday, abouna finally said YES!

GBU
    sandra
  • Thanks to God!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • did you guys figure out why?

or did you just keep asking him?\

is she allowed to take communion?
  • >he doesn't wanna say why.
    >we asked him once then we stopped bec. then he will get mad.
    >and she is allwoed to take cominiun!

GBU
    sandra
  • thats good to hear ..but ehy wouldnt an abouna not want to say why...there is nothing to be kept from her...and she is at an age that she will understand...and this was a serious issue she had the right to find out why...am i correct??
  • good 2 hear everything is settled
  • why, everything u said is rit but..the problem was actually with the belly dancer..but after cancleing the belly dancer there was another problem that we had a pre servant meeting and the teacher was like"who ever goes to this party will never be a sevant" then she changes the date of the party,it was on monday,then no one could go, so we called the other sunday school teacher and we all prayed about it and after exactly 2 hours, our pre servant teacher called saying he is gonna be the first one invited to the party..and it was really nice from him to say that!

GBU
    sandra
  • aha no what i think he/she went to abouna and asked him and abouna explained that he went a bit wrong...

coz i think the thing he's said was soo mean
  • well, when did you say her party waz ?
  • yo

what :o what did i doo omg :-X
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=10;threadid=3168;start=45#msg47963 date=1139940815]

yo

what :o what did i doo omg :-X

mnc_hnn, it's a type of slang word, don't worry, hopefully you did nothing wrong!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=egyptianorthobeaut link=board=10;threadid=3168;start=45#msg47860 date=1139864373]
    well, when did you say her party waz ?

actually the party was 2 weeks ago! ;D

GBU
    sandra
  • haha and we'r still talking bout it now lol