one sin....?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
ok say yu confess regulary and yu try hard to be good cuz my FOC said that thats how you get ot heaven but what if theres just one sin that your really ashamed of and you dont wanna tell your FOC will God kinda let that one go

Comments

• lol there is no way...god is not playing with you fe el shareh so that he can let that one go!are you kidding me!
  • and if he let that one go for you it will be a mess!
  • "hahaha" what are you talking about. He's not saying God will forgive him if he still does that sin over and over again and doesn't want to tell abouna, he's saying one sin commited once and hopefully never again.

kyroilos, if you can't say it try to write it down.
  • ok say i dont confess it (just hypothetically speakin) what are the chances of God just lettin it go if it was just a one time thing
  • see, this is where it starts, and why god doesn't want it. this time you will say just once, and the next time you will say just once, until it will become a habit not to confess sins you're embarressed of. God has you confess your sins precisely for your embarressment (not as a form of entertainment of course), when you are embarressed, you will not commit that sin again, as you will not want to embarress yourself once again.
  • dude you have to let it out you can't keep it in...and as christ4life said if you keep saying it to your FOC every single time you will probably get embarassed from saying it every time..you will probably remember every time but just to let you know youFOC will never say anything to anyone except for GOD(of course)dude when i was young i thought my FOC tell every thing to my parents so i have to go and apologize to my mom and dad and after i tell them every thing i figur out that my FOC didn't say anything!and i feel so bad!
  • Well, God isn't waiting for Abouna to tell him anything, sandra. He knows the sin before you commit it.
    Kyrillos, don't say its just this one time, because the devil will play with your mind. Every time you go to confess he'll get you thinking. "Oh, just this once, I won't do it again.", "I repented, that's enough, isn't it?" If you do that just this once you will have proven to the devil that you are weak, and he will weaken you more and more until you are away from God. Just don't give him the chance in the first place and GO CONFESS!!!!!
  • but what if im really not gonna do it again
  • need to confess...and REPENT...because if you think that your not gonna do it again...then REPENT...because repenting and confessing are better to do...then say "what if i don't do it again"
  • Coptic Servant's right, just out with it. You have to confess. God has a reason behing you confessing.
  • probably if you confess it more than 10 times you will get board of it and get embarresed from it and you won't do it again!!
    GBU
  • probably if you confess it more than 10 times you will get board of it and get embarresed from it and you won't do it again!!

yeah but you might also get used to it and just say it to Abouna everytume u confess!!!
    ask God himself to help you, ask him and he will help you like me when i just didn't feel that i want to pray or anything but my FOC told me to ask God that he may make you taste his love 'taste and see that the LORD is good' and that worked a lil bit with me! so try!
  • that might work too! :-\
  • just think about it like this the faster u confess about it the faster u r going to forget about it u understand
  • thanks guys, you almost convinced me, nwo im really thinking about doing it, but what if he starts talking about it and asking questions thats what im scared of cuz if i just had to say the sin then it wouldnt matter as much
  • if you don't confess or repent your conscience is gonna bother you over and over and over again
  • but i repented alreasdy, it was like a one time thing, cant God just like let that one go i mean He is merciful and forgiving
  • in that case why dont you stop confessing all together? I'm really being sarcastic here, whether its a big sin or little sin YOU MUST CONFESS. It's good that you wont do it again, but you must CONFESS. It's that simple, you just have to. If you don't want him to ask questions tell him you are very embarressed and do not want to be reminded of it, thats all. After all he is Abouna and will respect your wishes.
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=10;threadid=2354;start=15#msg37307 date=1125807739]
    in that case why dont you stop confessing all together? I'm really being sarcastic here, whether its a big sin or little sin YOU MUST CONFESS. It's good that you wont do it again, but you must CONFESS. It's that simple, you just have to. If you don't want him to ask questions tell him you are very embarressed and do not want to be reminded of it, thats all. After all he is Abouna and will respect your wishes.

I agree...like I said "if you think that your not gonna do it again...then REPENT...because repenting and confessing are better to do...then say "what if i don't do it again" even if it's the littlest sin CONFESS
  • not to be presumptuous but how do you know you wont do it again? i've said the same thing to myself and it didnt work, lol much to my dissapointment
  • i understnd that Abounas not there to judge me but whenever i confess he makes me feel bad about myself, and i think thats my job not his
  • lol, he's doing that so that you feel guilty and don't do it again.
  • That's soo true, they know how to get you to say what's down there and you don't even know it, lol. Good luck kyrillos and GO CONFESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • but isnt it my job to make myself feel guilty, not Abouna's cuz that's what we're suppose to do before we confess right?
  • you're supposed to repent, yes, before you confess, but Abouna is making you guilty so that you don't do it again. And if its all for the better in the end, I dont think thats a problem.
  • Hey Kyrillos02,

well actually its God who is the one that makes us feel guilty about sinning, because we have the Holy Spirit inside of us, which gives us a conscience so we know what's right and what's wrong.
    Abouna is there to help you and guide you in your confession time. Yes you are supposed to feel bad about your sin, repent, ask God for fogiveness, and then go and confess.

We have to confess to abouna, because otherwise the devil will try to make you sin the same thing because he may place thoughts in your head such as , ' Oh its ok to sin because i can do it and then God will forgive me later'. As others may have said before, abouna is there to reinforce the guilt you feel EVEN MORE, you will know how serious your sin is, and will try your hardest not to sin this again so you won't have to go through this embarrasment again.

Also this sin will remain unforgiven in your heart until the priest prays the prayer of absolution on you.
    And trust me, I've done the most embarassing things like ever, you wouldn't even imagine lol and its so much easier to just say the sin and get it over with, it feels like the whole weight of the world has been lifted off your shoulders!
    If you are still embarrased you can like write the sin on a piece of paper and give it to abouna... or tell him that it may hard to say it, and he will help you through it, that's what he is there for, to help & guide you, not to judge you, as marmar said..

Just satan wants you to feel too embarrased to go and confess, cuz he hates us so much, he wants us to die in our sin.. and God loves us SO much he wants us to live with Him, He is just and faithful to forgive us our sins if we confess it to Him... just pray about it, I know He will get u through this.. as He helped me! ;) i will be praying 4 u!

Sorry if this is overwhelmingly long... lol i didn't realize it until after I typed it.. but yeah i guess there was a lot I had to say.. :P

Mark 10:27 But Jesus looked at them and said, With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.

Luke 1:37 For with God nothing will be impossible.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

GB! :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    pray 4 me, a sinner,

laura

• wow thanks laura that helped alot
  • I am so glad that it helped... :)
    I hope everything goes well and may the Lord bless you and guide you in your confession..

GBTG!! ;) ;D
    glory be to God forever and ever AMEN..

-------------------------------
    pray for me...

laura
  • Someone said something like the devil says to you before you commit a sin God is merciful and forgiving but after the sin God is Just ..
    does the devil say that or do u tell yourself that? I think maybe the devil...
    I know this isnt very relevant but it might help someone..
  • look, lets make it simple; if u know the sin and u wont confess it but you know u wont, god will NOT forget it. only because u purposly knew that u don want to confess it and he will judge u accordingly but trust me i know how u feel ;)