what happens when a baby dies b4 baptism?????

2»

Comments

• Yup no problem, honey!

Next time I'll feed to the tigers, at least I didn't gather up my Coptic friends to jail u like u did!

Mike
  • [quote author=Epsaltos Michael link=board=1;threadid=146;start=15#msg5644 date=1088630924]
    well, what do u know, SUCKS FOR U!

Let's please watch our language and tone on the forums.
  • [quote author=TitanicAddict link=board=1;threadid=146;start=30#msg5670 date=1088631679]
    I cant believe you Michael. This is why I didn't want to come. I said you were feeding me to the wolves... but no, you go at me with your little "you don't trust me......... :(" Gees!!! Your right, i dont trust you, btw thanks for spilling my secrets to Selena and SharaLee. Your a great friend *not*

Please either use Private Messenging or E-mail for personal conversations.
  • i just wana kno y girls get baptised later than guys, y aren't they both given an equal chance, jus incase ne thing happens
    - if u have the answer plz tell me i really wana kno.. tanx ;D
  • "i just wana kno y girls get baptised later than guys, y aren't they both given an equal chance, jus incase ne thing happens"

They are... timing doesn't matter, since in an emergency, anyone could baptise a dying child. So there is no room for anything to happen.
  • i dont believe that any of us can really tell what god will do to a child who has not been baptized. its in God's hands and we shouldnt be trying to give anyone an answer cuz no1 really knows.

God Bless,
    Youstina
  • page 1 shows what the Church teaches on baptism, I am only repeating what the Church wrote.

• I disagree. I was baptized in the church as a baby, but my mother wasn't. My mother is not Egyptian and was baptized in her early 30's. I know she led a Christian life and everyone looks up to her for her tremendous faith. i don't believe that she would've gone to hell because she didn't know any better. I believe that God is a Merciful and Just Heavenly Father and that everyone is judged bytheir own book. To someone who is a Buddha and was born into the religion to where he doesn't know anything else, why should he be punished. As long as he lives a fruitful life and doesn't committ murder and lie and cheet in life then i think god will be just and treat them differently. If i'm not mistaken, there are different levels of Heaven. Maybe non-Shristians who lead a good meaningful life will be on one of the lower levels. A christian name is dead without works. I'm sure there will be some christians who will not enter Heaven and some non-Christians who will because they were fruitful. I have faith that God is fair and just and i don't think God would punish an innocent baby.
  • [quote author=egyptsangel16 link=board=1;threadid=146;start=30#msg5723 date=1088702645]
    A christian name is dead without works.

That is absolutely true.

As far as my knowledge goes, a person must have the Holy Spirit, which is gained through baptism, in order to enter the kingdom of heaven. What you said about god being merciful and just couldn’t be more accurate. So I think that if a person leads a life as a Christian, god would never take their life before they are baptized. Does that make any sense?
  • What are you disagreeing with angel?
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=board=1;threadid=146;start=0#msg562 date=1081455047]
    BAPTISM:
    - "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he can not enter the kingdom of God" (John 3:5)
    - "That He might sanctify and cleans her with the washing of water by the word: (Ephesians 5:26)
    - "And such were some of you, but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and the Spirit of our God" (1st. Cor. 6:11)
    - "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit" (St. Matthew 28:19)
    -"The man who believes in and accepts Baptism will be saved; the man who refuses to believe in it will be condemned (John 16:16)

How God will judge each and every one of us, we do not know, but one thing is for sure, God is a fair and righteous judge, He is a God of never ending, boundless, love and great mercy and His mercy endures forever. He loves us, His children so much, whatever decision He makes on who goes to heaven or hel, will be a fair judgment.
  • I beleive in everything has been said about this subject regards the Church... but I believe Jesuse said go and baptize those men and if they accept and a child is not questioned at that time if he accepts or not and God brought them to this World and allowed thire depature before the time the Church had set for the baptism.

I pray for all babies who had depart before the 40 or 80 days because those number we made them up and now we want to
    judge that they do not go to Heaven

Thanks
  • I believe the Church leans in the direction that they do go to heaven.
  • If you are addressing me Michael-
    I disagree that innocent babies are damned to burn in hell just because they are not baptized. Back to you Mark- What you said makes complete sense. Subjects such as these can be dangerous if dwelled upon for a long period of time without the correct advice. It can raise doubt and test our faith. That is why we must trust that the Lord will always guide us and protect us. In all Coptic Orthodox churches, above the entrance to the hekl a.k.a altar, there hangs an ostrich egg. It is said that the mother ostrich never takes her eyes away from her precious child while in the egg (i wouldn't know being the only time i've seen an ostrich is at the San Diego Zoo, but ne ways), this is supposed to symbolize God's love and care for us. He never turns his face away from us even though we curse and spit in his face, with our sins we add to his crown of thorns but he is always there to save us guide us and pull us out of the Lion's Den. Rachelle, have some faith that God will be just to His precious children, BELIEVE......see where it takes you!
    Peace out
    'Angel' (Michael_Thoma) :D
  • But who said that they are damned to burn in hell?
  • If you understand what i meant then it shouldn't matter. i'm sorry for my choice of words. i meant to say going to hell. sorry if i misslead you. :o
  • what you wrote, pretty much is what the Church says... God will have mercy to those he whiches, and to those who are ignorant as to baptism. But if you know you should get baptised, then you must.
  • personally, i believe they won't be separated in any way.
  • Thoma and Servant, I fully agree! :D
  • Angel, I disagree completely,
    John 14
    6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Every one was preached the good news, yet some accepted them and some didn't, those who weren't preached might be judged by their consciious (spelled it wrong)

Mike
  • but a baby's conscience is pure
  • Yet he has Adam's sin, doesn't he?

Michael
  • i agree, *but* God is merciful, especially to children who have no personal sin of their own...

God's judgment is just. Although the baby has Adam's sin, we could assume that the Baptism of Desire covers that, because of the extreme circumstances...

God is not bound by His own Sacraments. The verse that states, "no one comes to the Father, except through Me" is correct. Anyone, whether Hindu, Christian, Jew, etc, all who enter heaven, enter because and by Christ...
  • I do not know, neither have I heard of the Baptism by Desire or Intention before, I will however ask my Priest.

Mike

• Hey Mike,
    Read the 2 posts I copied on page one.
    Mike
  • [quote author=Michael_Thoma link=board=1;threadid=146;start=45#msg5934 date=1089015379]
    i agree, *but* God is merciful, especially to children who have no personal sin of their own...

God's judgment is just. Although the baby has Adam's sin, we could assume that the Baptism of Desire covers that, because of the extreme circumstances...

God is not bound by His own Sacraments. The verse that states, "no one comes to the Father, except through Me" is correct. Anyone, whether Hindu, Christian, Jew, etc, all who enter heaven, enter because and by Christ...

yup..you're right..but WHERE do they go..I know that they're not gonna go to hell but they really can't go to heaven either and that levels of heaven thing, i dont really understand it ???
  • Hey Mike,
    Read the 2 posts I copied on page one.
    Mike

Hey Mike,

Ya I just did,

(DEEEEP breath)

yup..you're right..but WHERE do they go..I know that they're not gonna go to hell but they really can't go to heaven either and that levels of heaven thing, i dont really understand it

Ok, I kinda agree with ServantOfJesus, I mean I think they won't BURN in hell but you guys have to remember that even the prophets burned in hell until Jesus Christ saved them, so AGAIN I have to ask my Priest.

Michael
  • no, the prophets did NOT burn in hell... Sheol in Hebrew/ Aramaic language means a "resting place," not a place of suffering. Hell "the eternal suffering" is Gehenna. The prophets did NOT go to Gehenna, they went to Sheol until Christ destroyed death.

I believe they CAN go to heaven, because Christ is just, He is not bound by the Sacraments. We are the ones who SHOULD submit to the Sacraments, they are for our benefit. But Christ can and has acted outside of the Sacraments. He is not limited to work ONLY through them.
  • True, but what you are saying right now is that the protestants are right...

God doesn't only work through His Holy and Divine Sacrements, there are some exceptions but consider that there are some emergency baptism and there is baptism by blood, also you heard what H.G. Bishop Anba Moussa said, even if the lady took water and sprinkled it over the dying baby (I'm not sure if he said make the sign of the Cross or not) he would've been baptized...

Mike