The video links of the holy week of Pascha

2»

Comments

• Dear ilovesaintmark,

I love St. Mark too. So I will not let these lies and false propaganda continue any longer! . . .That was a joke :) You have presented a strong case - mainly because you list several events that no one has ever heard of. I will concede for now and will return upon further investigation.
  • all i have to say: OMG!!!!
  • I repeat minatasgeel's words.

ilovesaintmark's reputation with this goes waaaaaay back: http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php/topic,620.msg18363.html#msg18363

We all have our soft spots. Father Peter's just so happens to be the American "accent". ;)
  • Hmmmnn, I see this 'issue' is very close to ILSM. What boggles my mind is - why would anybody distort history concerning this matter? What does anyone have to gain? If the facts are so clear, as ILSM points out, why would anyone deny it?
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=11408.msg137779#msg137779 date=1305194839]
    Common guys, get a reality check, and stop eating too much fava beans before letting the fumes from such overtake your sensibility and sense of history. [that's a joke, not meant to be mean--in case anyone takes it otherwise]

This made me laugh so hard! The blessed side effects of fool...  ;D

Anyway, like Unworthy1 I have heard a lot about which one being the first church as well. I am not certain of facts, but Ilovesaintmark makes it quite clear. Thanks! :)
  • Haha - I don't think anyone is eating fool now anyways!
  • ilovesaintmark,

You are definitely very knowledgeable of Coptic history in North America. Can you, or anyone else, confirm the following:
    1. Fr Antonios Ragheb (St George, Jersey City) was the first priest ordained by Pope Shenouda in 1971. I believed he served in Egypt for a while.
    2. Fr. Youhanna Girgis (St Mary & St Antony, Queens NY) was the first priest ordained by Pope Shenouda for service in America in 1973.

Thanks.
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=11408.msg137827#msg137827 date=1305298001]
    2. Fr. Youhanna Girgis (St Mary & St Antony, Queens NY) was the first priest ordained by Pope Shenouda for service in America in 1973.

I think that title is reserved for Fr. Beshoy Demetri
  • REM,

The Very Rev. Fr. Antonious Ragheb, of Blessed Memory, 1st priest ordained by Pope Shenouda (ever).  Yes, he served in Egypt for a while.  He had a duel tenure at St. George & St. Shenouda in Jersey City, NJ (aka, "Bergen").  His first tenure was transitional and thereafter, relative to the fire that occurred there, he was brought in as the permanent priest.

N.B.:  That fire was because of a deacon's negligence, not a terrorist or Muslim.  It was the Monday after the Resurrection Feast.  So much for my reasoning and ranting about Deacons being responsible.

The Very Rev. Fr. Youhanna Guirguis of Queens, 1st priest ordained by Pope Shenouda for USA service, which is not to be confused with The Very Rev. & Dr. Fr. Gabriel Abdelsayed as the 1st permanently ordained priest for service in USA (by the Thrice Blessed and Saintly Pope Kyrillos VI).

The Very Rev. Bishoy Demetrious was the first priest ordained on the soil of North America by Pope Shenouda in his first Papal visit of 1977.  Of all things, it was at the rented church that Fr. Youhanna of Queens was utilizing prior to their permanent home that they had.

BTW, Fr. Youhanna is one of the toughest disciplinarians as a priest.  I love the guy.  Even at his age, when he gives me a hug, he squeezes all of the air out of my lungs.  Although, I have not seen him in a while.