shoud women be allowed to vote

2»

Comments

• i never really said by the way that christ loves men more then women by the way.so guys i would appreciate it if you wouldn't say things that i never said . you know wut i'm saying.read my posts a little carefully
  • ilovesaintmark ya but wut i'm TRYING to say is wut confuses me is tere vote really worth it i'm not saing all but some do choose by looks.and guys don't take this the wrong way but i'm trying to offend anyone
  • let's take this as a weakness point, do men really choose by logic only? I will tell you that plenty of men make stupid decisions out of physical attractions.

The issue is not whether one is male or female. It has to do with the fact that we are human.

I am building a house, and I am not married, when I sought out an architect for my great undertaking I chose specifically a woman. I needed the complement of ideas that are in the female being. Men and women look at things differently, at times.

• ya ilovesainmark thats a good point
  • To think about it now...actually most guys judge things and look at things from the look view not from personality view or accomplishments view. So..maybe guys votes shouldn't count then. But NO...both guys and girls votes should count..bc they are both human beings
  • yes but i'm talkin religiously they have seemed to make the man look more superier than the women if you've noticed
  • yeah the church does make it look like that....
  • we can look at it the other way too
    if it were alot easier for women to run and win.... i'm sure that some men would make decisions based on looks...
    i guess it's just being human and illogical on our part as ppl....

and as for being 'the king' in a marriage for men...
    i guess you can look at it this way: what's the role of a real king? a good king? idealy- to govern over his people well, and to serve them. a true (good) king would be sure to heed to his people's needs and ensure their comfort. a real king would put aside his needs and wants if it's not good for his ppl [i doubt that happens very much in history lol]
    ... so you can look at it in a way that when 'king' in marriage, men have the same role of taking care of the family, serving them and ensuring their comfort, putting aside their needs/wants inorder to ensure that the family is happy.
    so i guess, technically, being king doesnt mean ruling and getting served- it means serving. :)

take care and God bless
  • Definitively, CrazyCopt comes through again.

Very well worded. One can even substitute the word "priest" also for "king" in all of her comments.
  • but marrianne that is a good point
  • It is not the Church that makes things look that way. It has to do with the misperceptions of the people and their incomplete understandings of the workings of the Rites and Rubrics of the Church.

If we were to carry the thought, then how would one account for the honoring of the Holy Virgin Mary--the Mother of God. She is granted titles: The Mother of Light, The Mother of God, The True Queen, The Pride of Our Race, etc. She is placed in honor, not just above Mankind, but over all of Creation. She is pronounced before the angels, and all the saints. Her prayers and intercessions are well pronounced.

No braver or more courageous example in the Church have we than St. Mary, herself. Need I say that she is a "woman" and a "true lady".
  • to add to ilovesaintmark's wonderful words...

what does the Church consist of? People, basically. (of course- all the wonderful spiritual and biblical things too, but i guess i mean how it runs). the congergation consists of young and old, men and women, priests and servants. it's some of these people that are the reason some may feel that women aren't equal. its not the Church as a historical Bride of Christ that makes it seem that way, its the people in the Church.
    that's why some females may feel that way- but its our fault, not our Mother's.

take care and God bless
  • Mark423: If you’re under the impression that every single female that votes, makes her decision solely on the appearance of the president; I don’t think you should be allowed to vote.

Copt4Life: AMEN!
  • yes but didn't God create women to serve men

God created woman to be a helper,a companion for man.Man is incomplete without woman.God took a rib out of Adams side and fashioned the first woman.Notice, God didnt take from Adams head nor from Adams feet but rather from Adams side.This is symbolic of the fact that woman is to stand side by side with man, co-equal in the sight of God.They each have different roles to be sure but in regards to right-standing before God they are equal in every way.

True men are to love their wives just as Christ loved the Church,laying down their life for the sake of the beloved Bride,putting them first and always seeking to build them up,to love them and to care for them in every way.Thats the way Jesus our Lord treats His Bride so we should follow His example.Let us put off this attitude of male superority and domination and put on the meekness of Christ,with all kindness and gentleness,love and humilty.Putting their needs above that of our own.
  • ok listen without women in the first place there would be no men why are you even saying this what have women ever done to you?

• i disagree with they guys that say woment vote according to the looks of the president. maybe some do but that doesnt mean everyone does. and men dont have the rite to rule over the woman because they are equal.
    God Bless
  • confusedsoul listen i don't mean to offend u relax its just a question nothin more ok peace be with u
  • I really can't believe we are even discussing such a topic.

To make a few short points though:

Brain, you are saying that girls were created to serve men. If this is your starting point, Christ also said:

"Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave– just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." Matthew 20

As you can see, Christ Himself told us to serve, not to be served. Service and serving others is a blessing in and of itself. People often confuse service and serving others as a sign of weakness, when in reality, if serving out of your own will, it is a sign of humility and strength.

Either way, to continue with my argument, St. Paul said that wives should submit to their husbands, and husbands should submit to Christ.

Now, when the disciples submitted to Christ, He did not take away their free will or order them around against their own will, but rather, He washed their feet and taught them with love and care. So in the same way, when the wives submit to their husbands, the husbands should be willing to wash their feet and treat them with love, respect and care.

Lets be very careful in the way we interpret verses from the Bible. Every verse should not be interpreted out of context, and every verse should be interpreted with the spirit of the Bible as a whole.

Woman and man are equal in the eyes of God. In Galatians, St. Paul teaches us that "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Therefore, your argument that woman should not be allowed to vote makes no sense whatsoever from a Biblical viewpoint. We are all created equal, we all are given the ability to think, and therefore, we should all be allowed to vote.

I hope this makes sense.
  • "So God created man in his own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." Gen. 1:27

Both are created in God's image. One being created ahead of the other means nothing. Men throughout the bible are superior however, simply because, "Then to adam He said, "Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, 'you shall not eat of it': Cursed is the groud for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your llife. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forht for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field. In sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the groud, For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, And to dust you shall return." Gen. 3:17-19 This does not explain why men are superior in ALL areas but for most. God bless.
  • lol alright guys I get it now i have a whole different perspective about this topic thanx all who helped clear this up for me i really appreciate it ;D
  • okay...i missed alot so i skimed alot of the posts, ALL were right on the ball! The Man and The Woman are equal in the eyes of God, so why should Men be concidered superior to Women on earth?? In today's society the woman works, she is a bread winner just as her husband is, women are educated just as a man is, and women have all the privealiges men have! because women have proven thier worth, in the eyes of God men and women are equal, and they have equal abbilities, why should we then come and say that women are somehow less then men?

May God enlighten you!

Maria
  • thankyou for that saviuorofmysoul that helped too
    thankyou all i'm satified now

may God be with all of you ;D