shoud women be allowed to vote

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
ya guys i was wondering it says in the bible that girl was made because of men to serve Men
so and i've heard that girls vote presdidency inresponsibilly by picking the president that looks good.so why should they vote.

Comments

• so then why shouldthey have equal rights
  • If you’re under the impression that every single female that votes, makes her decision solely on the appearance of the president; I don’t think you should be allowed to vote.
  • ouch! i do not pick presidents based on weathe or not they looked good! sad generalization! (sorry if i offend but i was offended) anyways! women should be allowed to vote we have just as much right as men to vote! the president in power does not only rule over the males,they rule over the females as well! and i make my decisions after studying their polocies carefully! so not all women chose based on looks!

Maria
  • yes but didn't God create women to serve men
  • and i believe they shoudln't be allowed to vote becuase MOST of them choose by looks
    and thats not right
  • Without getting into a lengthy discussion to prove the issue. Men are supposed to serve women. I know this will probably spark a major discussion for which I will have to assemble a litany of references. I hope not, I still need to answer some of the other threads that have been gnawing at my thoughts. Too much typing and not enough time.

Women are every bit equal to men in every regard. They have different insights. They complement the man. I would even venture to say that they are superior to men in a lot of regards.

BTW: I am a male and saying all of the above--hard to believe.
  • Man and woman were made to serve each other, to complete each other. Some women vote on minor things, and similarly i'm sure some men vote on minor things too. Anyway, women should be allowed to vote and the church actually really wants everyone to vote because we should all be taking part in our community.
  • hey
    i'm not sure where you got that information, but i dont think that MOST woment vote based on looks... if anything, its probably a TINY percent that do that... i mean personally, i dont vote based on looks at all... plz... all those that are running look scary as it is! [lol]... (but that's not the point- believe it or not the females care what becomes of the country they're living in)

God did not create women to serve men. he created BOTH to be with Him, out of His love for us. the marriage of a man and woman are as the "marriage" of Christ to the Church.
    women are to submit to the their husbands as the Church submits to Christ- likewise, husbands are to submit to their wives as Christ does to Church.
    besides, in marriage- man and woman become as one through the Holy Spirit... so there's no 'only one serving the other' there....

technically speaking, as true Christians, men AND women would be serving one other- thus preaching the Gospel through their actions of love, humility, etc.

now, as for outside of marriage- women are to serve God and only Him. likewise, men are to serve God and only Him.

God values women as much as men, He wouldnt create her to simply serve him...

my thoughts on this issuse

take care and God bless
  • yay! thank you ilovesaintmark! okay the brain before i get all hot tempered! in the name of the father the son and the holy spirt one God Amen! ...

Alright so the issue of weather or not women should vote, first i would like to point out your generalization which is incorrect and uncalled for! NOT ALL WOMEN PICK A PRESIDENT BASED ON WEATHER OR NOT THEY LOOK GOOD! i am sorry but Bush is not a good looking man, infact he looks like a monkey...i dont think however the women that voted for him, thought he was ugly, but there is no proof they thought he was a nice looking man! People chose poloticians based on their ability to govern and their polocies not on weather or not they look good!

Maria
  • thebrain .....OY VEY!
  • lol saviorofmysoul even by saying that your judging
  • Hey Brain,

A woman brought you into this world...right. She voted to have you as a blessing in her life and the life of the whole family. She didn't elect this decision out of physical regards.

I think the remarks by the preceding young ladies show a good temperament in their responses. Their comments are quite strong--especially those of CrazyCopt. Their swift and inspired remarks prove their strong character that is in the gender.

We are Christians and Orthodox before being male and female. We were both 'made in His Image'.

I just wonder how Bill Clinton got elected for two terms.
  • alright guys listen when God created Adam he then also created eve because he then wanted somebody to be compadable with him and to serve him that is true because the reason why God created women was for men i'm being serious by the way
  • also during marrage the priest announces that the man should be king of the family therefore men do have a right to rule over women politically and religiouly
  • Reading this has nearly brought me to tears. TheBrain, you should be much more careful when you try to use the Bible to support your views. What you're saying is sexist and I hope you are very young and have time to mature and open your mind. I also hope that no women has the misfortune of being in a relationship with you until you have matured and your "brain" has grown. You know, maybe you're confused between the teachings off Mohammed and the teachings of our church, but as I've posted somewhere else, we should all use discretion with the exclusive language that has been used. TheBrain, please understand that the bible praises many women for their wisdom and obedience, these same qualities are praised in men. Also, the "women submit to your husbands" thing, goes hand in hand with "men love your wives." Please have more respect for women and their equality to men. Look around, TheBrain, do women look unequal to you?
  • besides there has never been a women president before for a reason.....and hopefully they'll never be one its for the best if you think about it
  • The Almighty in His Omniscience created woman out of the lonely yearnings of man--Adam. He did not create her to be His servant in the regard of indentured servitude. The first chapters of Genesis are clear to this point.
  • TheBrain, FOR GOD'S SAKE, where did you read that women were created to serve men?? WHERE?! Please tell me where!!!! READ THE CREATION STORY AGAIN!!
  • Actually (to clarify, since I was typing so fast), Our God created woman to satisfy the lonely yearnings of man--Adam. He (God) did not create her to be in servitude to Adam.
  • movedbylove I"m NOT REFERING TO THE TEACHINGS OF MOHAMMED THIS IS JUST A QUESTION WHICH I HOPED TO GAIN ANSWERS FROM PLEASE MAN DON'T INSULT ME AND MY POSTS.I"m not sexest i'm just saying the truth and my opinion alright so please i'm sorry if i offende you but please don't really take it that personally because this is what this site is men for questions and answers alright so peace be with you
  • yes i agree with u on that ilovesaintmark but bisically wut i was trying to say from the begiinnig God created women because of men
  • but ilovesaintmark i aree with u and wut you said i believe is true
  • There has been never a woman president--true. That's because she has not been elected. Obvious, but must be stated.

I will cite: Golda Meir (former Israeli Prime Minister) served her people well, and humiliated all of the Arab (Male) national heads--kings, presidents, and prime ministers.

Margaret Thatcher (former British Prime Minister) served her people well, and showed a strong character through difficult war times.

Indira Ghandhi (former Prime Minister of India) served her people well through difficult times during the incursions of the Pakistanis and tough economic times.

How about: Catherine the Great (Tzarina of Russia), Elizabeth I (Queen of England), Eleanor Roosevelt (FDR's wife--she essentially ran the government for FDR's last term during his illness).

A person of resolve will step up when the Hand of God is leading--male or female. We pray for our national leaders both male and female.
  • hey you tough guy, it is their freedom to vote, why should they have equal rights? hmm...... God created all people in the image fo him, there you go, so if we treat women un equally, were treating God unequally buddy

that was really sexist btw the brain
  • I guess quite a bit transpired while I was typing my last reply!

Wow!

Relax everyone!
  • yes but if youm notice in marrage the priest puts a royal type robe on the groom which is symbolic for the man as the king of the family so you man would it really be right if a women was president just think about it for a second
  • thebrain,
    i hope you've gained answers to your question, and perhaps swayed your view slightly on the equality of women.
    thanks for your opinion, i think i can safely say we've all learned from this topic....

we are all entitled to our own opinions here, but we should all be careful how we word our questions/remarks in order to to offend anyone (i'm not saying you specifically, i'm being general).

God loves men and women equaly, and if we want to 'be perfect as our Father in heaven is Perfect', and be Christ-like, we should do the same :)

take care and God bless
  • thankyou crazycopt
  • but for real people i don't mean to offend anyone i'm sorry if i have but this is what this site is baisically for questions and answers and expreesing of opinion so mr.coptic orthodox i apologize if i had offended you and peace be with you man
  • In your placement of the symbolism of the "royal garment" around the groom. It is actually the bournos which is a symbol of the priestly ranks. The crowns are representative of the royal empowerment. If you notice the crowns are placed on both the bride and groom. They are King and Queen, equal regents for the family. The groom is given the bournos to be responsible, in a primary sense but not sole, for the spiritual undertakings and worship of the family.