Early Acceptance into University

edited February 2011 in Personal Issues
Hey guys, I got my final results for my 1st Semester. My average is a 92, so now I have the option to apply early for University. But I still don't know what I want to do for the rest of my life, does anyone know what I can do to figure out this? I've been praying, and now I'm starting my own fast, and reading the Bible for answers, but until now I haven't figured out what I really want to do.

Please pray for me,

Joe

Edit: I'm in Grade 11 by the way.

Comments

• What do you enjoy to start with.
  • [quote author=Father Peter link=topic=10656.msg129847#msg129847 date=1297023204]
    What do you enjoy to start with.

I enjoy many things, I like biking but I don't like to work with a lot of physical movement (like heavy lifting, working in the dirt, plumbing, mechanics, etc, don't like that). I like designing, and I like helping people, I also really like teaching people things I know very well. What do you think, ya Abouna Betar!

Edit: I don't want to post too much on the internet, but I like many other things.
  • I'm thinking that you could teach people how to design bikes? Lol!

I guess I meant what subjects do you enjoy studying. Unless you want to be a professional cyclist, or run a cycle shop.
  • Science, Math, Geography, History, English, Anthropology, Philosophy.
  • [quote author=Khas. link=topic=10656.msg129927#msg129927 date=1297081085]
    Science, Math, Geography, History, English, Anthropology, Philosophy.

Well. that really narrows it down. lol

how about do you like the artsy subjects or the sciency subjects better?
  • Why not try a few of those online career choosers and see what they suggest?

Let us know.

http://www.careersworkout.loucoll.ac.uk/quiz/start.asp

• [quote author=Father Peter link=topic=10656.msg129938#msg129938 date=1297088890]
    Why not try a few of those online career choosers and see what they suggest?

Let us know.

http://www.careersworkout.loucoll.ac.uk/quiz/start.asp

I got teaching, I really like teaching others and seeing them develop, but I do it on a smaller scale right now. Like my marks are very high so people come to me and I teach them, and I like seeing them get it, be happy and succeed, I especially like seeing girls rise in ranks with my influence, I've read studies on women performing better than men in academics.

@ephiphania: My marks in each subjects are:

Science - 90 Chem, 90 Phys, 91 Bio
    Math - 99 Last year
    Geography - 90 2 years ago - immersion in french
    History - 85 immersion in french
    English - 83 (but I like it, I just slack off a bit).
    Philo and Anthro I would expect to get 90+, I haven`t taken them yet but I love them.

EDIT: But if I teach, I won't be able to take advantage of my marks, like I want to travel and enjoy myself while I work too, teaching is fun and I like it, but I want more.
  • but maybe don't take the website too seriously, this is what it recommended to me:

1. Sports Coaching - 75%
    2. Development - 75%
    3. Instructing Exercise - 69%
    4. Playwork - 63%
    5. Teaching - 63%

ha ha ha, i had to train 6 months to do a 9 mile sponsored walk which took me 4.5 hours!
    but i do teach in my job (hospital), so it's worth trying, even just for fun.
    :)
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=10656.msg129964#msg129964 date=1297111983]
    but maybe don't take the website too seriously, this is what it recommended to me:

1. Sports Coaching - 75%
    2. Development - 75%
    3. Instructing Exercise - 69%
    4. Playwork - 63%
    5. Teaching - 63%

ha ha ha, i had to train 6 months to do a 9 mile sponsored walk which took me 4.5 hours!
    but i do teach in my job (hospital), so it's worth trying, even just for fun.

Mabsoota,

I don't use that website, I use "Careercruising" and it has like hundreds of questions and I use it and it gave me "Professor" as top job for me, as well as Engineering and other field work. I just don't want to deal with sick people and diseases, that's not for me, so no Doctor, even with my high marks. I will try to talk to my doctor, engineer and teacher friends and help them in their jobs to get experiene and see how life is there.

By the way, Why are you Mabsoota?
    Thank you
  • Why is it so hard to get a reply here, I really need quick advice from the people I trust, My people, the Coptic Orthodox Community of the Planet Earth.

But Soon, the Coptic Orthodox Community will declare independence, become the best nation of all, and invade the moon, so there will be churches on the moon, and it will be called New Egypt, so then I'll have to ask people from New Egypt for help, but now it's just Earth.
  • Sounds like you are an ARCHITECT.

I think you should be an architect.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10656.msg130191#msg130191 date=1297218138]
    Sounds like you are an ARCHITECT.

I think you should be an architect.

Yes, maybe, I love drawing buildings, but is there a difference between Architect and Civil Engineer, and if so, what?
  • I am not an engineer, but, civil engineers deal more with site planning and surveying.  Also, taking a given building design and making it fit into the contour of the land.

Architects, design buildings, taking into account configuration, aesthetics, materials, cost, utilities planning etc., i.e, everything that makes for a building.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10656.msg130193#msg130193 date=1297218457]
    I am not an engineer, but, civil engineers deal more with site planning and surveying.  Also, taking a given building design and making it fit into the contour of the land.

Architects, design buildings, taking into account configuration, aesthetics, materials, cost, utilities planning etc., i.e, everything that makes for a building.

I can't decide, I love both. I really like the cost aspect architects have to deal with, utilities, and planning is also interesting, heck it's all interesting! But I like surveying and planning sites too.

But do Engineers TAKE a design and plan the site for it, or do they DESIGN?
  • Engineers make the designs and implement them into systems
  • So Engineers make designs, that's good, do they work with finances too and efficiency?
  • i am mabsoota (happy) coz God loves me.
    i thought it was a cool user name!
    He loves u too and has a plan for your life.
    just be willing to give everything for the one who gave so much for you.
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=10656.msg130270#msg130270 date=1297287642]
    i am mabsoota (happy) coz God loves me.
    i thought it was a cool user name!
    He loves u too and has a plan for your life.
    just be willing to give everything for the one who gave so much for you.

Lol, I know, I can read and write Arabic, don't worry. God loves us all, that means all people should be happy! I really want to know his plan, because right now things are just going crazy, I don't know what to think anymore, so please Pray for me that God can help me with what I'm dealing with. Thank you mabsoota.
  • I can tell you what God's Plan is.  It is quite simple.
    TO BE GOOD.

Everything else is up to you and to be happy.  That your decisions are placed in perspective of carrying out the will to be Good.

No secrets.  It's actually quite obvious.
  • Khas,

Just so you know, Mabsoota is the happiest person on this site.  I hope she stays that way.
  • Since I have met mabsoota I can vouch for that.

And also since my post count is not going up I am the most miserable priest on the site!
  • Hey! Something has been fixed. My counts are going up.
  • No way father!

You are the rock, both figuratively and by name.

• hi father peter, now you have counts, can you fix the stars for ilovesaintmark?!
    ;)
  • I don't want to mess up the board. I have kindly been given lots of rights by Maged but that doesn't mean I should use them.

Can Maged not be asked to fix ILSM's stars? I would love him to have those he deserves. Were they taken from him?
  • I never had them.

That's why I feel there's a conspiracy.

It's the Coptic Brotherhood.  They are after me.
  • You have them now!
  • I think I'm going to cry.

Thank you. Thank you.  Thank you, my Father.
  • Wow, guys, I am honoured, a full scale conversation in my thread, I will kiss your hands, all of you.

Well, If God's plan for me is to be Good, and I think I am getting really really close to that plan as I am trying to become the most Good person I can be, that means its up to me and my decisions on what I want to be, and do with my life? How about God's plan for marriage for me?
  • Can I have my stars too  :'(