The hilarious old threads...

13»

Comments

• Ok, we, the judges, had a long and deep discussion, and we came to the conclusion that jokes do not have to be limited to foul only. You guys can free style until Maged comes and gets us all in trouble!
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10088.msg123340#msg123340 date=1291406303]
    Ok, we, the judges, had a long and deep discussion, and we came to the conclusion that jokes do not have to be limited to foul only. You guys can free style until Maged comes and gets us all in trouble!

Sustained  ;D

CURRENT SCORES:
    ilovesaintmark: 22.48
    Zoxsasi        : 1.00505
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10088.msg123339#msg123339 date=1291406223]
    I just read Sasi's PM.  It was funny.  Worth 1 point.  I agree it should not be posted on this thread.

I will add that true humor is not in repeating other people's jokes but in being able to play with words and wit.  I have shown an ability to take a measured issue and turn the words, e.g., the english man joke.

No jokes by PM.  Let it fly to the public.

Look, let's look at post-history. You cannot deny that my posts were the funniest.

Did you read the story about FESTUS??

Stop this! I came late anyway when you started.

• Does anyone else find it interesting that these types of threads seem to flourish most when we're supposed to be fasting and looking in a deep introspective manner at ourselves, our lives, our actions... our words?

I am first amongst you all to fall during the fast... Pray for my weakness.

Childoforthodoxy
  • Childoforthodoxy,

I get carried away.

I apologize.
  • [quote author=childoforthodoxy link=topic=10088.msg123344#msg123344 date=1291406495]
    Does anyone else find it interesting that these types of threads seem to flourish most when we're supposed to be fasting and looking in a deep introspective manner at ourselves, our lives, our actions... our words?

I am first amongst you all to fall during the fast... Pray for my weakness.

Childoforthodoxy

The blame for this thread lies solely on me. I derailed it foolishly, these guys just got dragged along with it.
    I'm very sorry for the offense.

pray for me

joe
  • I'm sorry too.

It's not your fault josephgabriel. We all sinned due to our weaknesses. If theres anyone to blame it's Zoxsasi because he has not apologized yet.
  • I have to say that having been following this thread the blame should all rest with the ex-member of the forum, Vassilios.

Father Peter
  • [quote author=Father Peter link=topic=10088.msg123369#msg123369 date=1291412814]
    I have to say that having been following this thread the blame should all rest with the ex-member of the forum, Vassilios.

Father Peter

Why's that? It wasn't his thread
  • LOL! Glad to see Father Peter has a sense of humor too!
  • The funniest thread is this one:

http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=6891.30

The poster, vassilios, is thinking that where did Adam say "I do" that he wants to marry Eve? Its not in there.

Then read Clay's response afterwards. So funny!

I mean, it seems like  forced arranged marriage to me:

God creates Adam.
    He then says "its not good for this man to be alone", so God then puts Adam into a deep sleep.
    Then God takes adam's rib and creates Eve.

No-where in any of that story did Adam have a say. The poor chap just woke up, and found he was married.

What if Adam didn't like Eve... I mean... u can't just force someone to get married.

Vassilios raises some good points though.. first adam loses his ribs, and then he loses his life. Women: its a lose-win situation, EVERYTIME!!
  • I am surprised you find vassilios' comments amusing?

You at least Zoxasi, ask sensible questions, while his were rather frivoulous?

I would urge you not to follow his example.

Father Peter
  • [quote author=Father Peter link=topic=10088.msg123382#msg123382 date=1291417307]
    I am surprised you find vassilios' comments amusing?

Yeah, some were quite funny, yes.

You at least Zoxasi, ask sensible questions, while his were rather frivoulous?

Thanks Fr. I appreciate that. I know Vassilios liked to joke around a bit, but when you think about it, where DID Adam say "I do" to Eve?
    The poor man wakes up and finds himself married and he's already lost his rib as a result of it.

I would urge you not to follow his example.

Questions like "was adam born with a belly button" looks frivolous, but was he? I mean, that's such a good question. Isn't it?
    Was he born with a belly button? If so why? Why would God create him with a belly button that he didnt need?

Then the thread on the end of the world was quite interesting. OK.. the way he phrased it: "Nation will rise up against nation", and then vassilios adds ".. bush is only in office for another 2 months, do you think he could pull this off?" - that's just interjectory comments; but let's face it - it does look quite intriguing that there are famines, plagues, calamities, etc... and surely all these are signs to consider? no?

His thread on the ventriloquist was quite interesting, and he was asking about whether a person ought to repent for something like that?
    The situation is quite remarkable. A ventriloquist insults an australian lady, who she thinks is the fault of the monkey. Who should apologise for what?? On the surface, it looks like a joke, but in reality, if that DID happen, it would be quite an interesting situation to know who should repent for what and who should apologise for what.

But, let's not talk ill of people who are not here.

Thanks
  • HOW ON THE WORLD DID THIS POST BECOME TO BE 5 PAGES LOOOOONG IN ONE DAY?!

[quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=10088.msg123295#msg123295 date=1291399453]
    Too bad. He spent a good part of his life  trying to get to be the person with the most posts/threads on tasbeha.org... and then he gave up his dream.
    Strange.

and it's not strange that he had this dream rather than something useful?!

[quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10088.msg123316#msg123316 date=1291404412]
    You eat foul, and thereafter foul eats you.  It's a two-way street through the gastro-intestinal system.

EXACTLY!!! My arabic teacher (10 yrs ago) used to tell me that the reason we, as egys, won the Oct 6 war was because the soldiers ate LESS foool.

[quote author=Father Peter link=topic=10088.msg123369#msg123369 date=1291412814]
    I have to say that having been following this thread the blame should all rest with the ex-member of the forum, Vassilios.

Abouna, that was all you....i didn't say anything. TITL, i hope you are keeping a record.

• [quote author=minagir link=topic=10088.msg123399#msg123399 date=1291425168]
    HOW ON THE WORLD DID THIS POST BECOME TO BE 5 PAGES LOOOOONG IN ONE DAY?!

lmao vassilios (: i miss this site !
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=10088.msg123484#msg123484 date=1291564233]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=10088.msg123399#msg123399 date=1291425168]
    HOW ON THE WORLD DID THIS POST BECOME TO BE 5 PAGES LOOOOONG IN ONE DAY?!

lmao vassilios (: i miss this site !

:o

MAHRAEEEEL!  :D

Welcome back! Try to stay  ;D

• i'd just like to add this link to this thread:

http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=2536.0

"What pencil should I choose, and then I chose 1 and I thought that the other one got sad, so I used the other one"

• lol yes i will ensha allah !