HYMNS for saint George

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hello all, I am asking if any of you could think of some hymns that might be said in my choir for the feast of Saint george. i already thought of "khen efran" and "o eklom," and i think we have recited the doxology a million times already....so i would appreciate if any of you could help me with my situation. Thanks

P.S. I dont want anything to difficult like "pe ehlog" since its gonna be for a choir

God bless
Tony

Comments

• Thank you Mina, any other suggestions? Maybe a more upbeat hymn?
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=5807.msg77842#msg77842 date=1191387893]
    Thank you Mina, any other suggestions? Maybe a more upbeat hymn?

What do you mean by upbeat?
    One not on the website, [coptic]Rasi nak `w...
                                                              pimarturoc@ pa[oic `pouro Gewrgioc[/coptic].
  • I was thinking of a hymn that might encourage the choir to learn... thanks for the suggestions
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=5807.msg77844#msg77844 date=1191394399]
    I was thinking of a hymn that might encourage the choir to learn... thanks for the suggestions

Oh, but you do not want them to learn something big like [coptic]Pi`hloj[/coptic]. That makes sense, I would do the Long [coptic]Ari`precbeuin[/coptic]. It is long, but it is only roughly 2:00 give or take. Also, right after say [coptic]Twbh `m`P[oic `e`hryi ejwn@ `w pia;lovoroc `mmarturoc@ pa[oic `pouro Gewrgioc@ `ntef,a nennobi nan ebol.[/coptic]