Need help finding some coptic text?

Comments

• thats how its done in a few churchs ive gone to. and thats how its written in a handout i've seen in a church here on the east coast, so I'm just stating whats being said, and i believe it might be in one of the Bergen power points, not %100 sure about the power points though.
  • [quote author=Hisservant link=topic=4983.msg99344#msg99344 date=1232075807]
    thats how its done in a few churchs ive gone to. and thats how its written in a handout i've seen in a church here on the east coast, so I'm just stating whats being said, and i believe it might be in one of the Bergen power points, not %100 sure about the power points though.

bergen's church powerpoint don't have, a reason is that they don't like combined ones. we have in our church ppts, but we never say it. the other church that i know for sure they use it, or atleast taught it is St. Mary's east brunswick.....but again, it doesn't make since to take it something from muallemin and change it to suit us we khalas without a reason!!
  • Thanks a lot mina!! God Bless your service!
  • Will the english translations of the Nativity and Epiphany Expositions be online anytime soon?  ;D
    For the english translation of the Actual Psali's I refer to the suscopts site (though it's not complete):

http://www.suscopts.org/deacons/hymns/theophany_psalmody.pdf

Blessed Epiphany to all!
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=4983.msg99357#msg99357 date=1232104255]
    Will the english translations of the Nativity and Epiphany Expositions be online anytime soon?  ;D
    For the english translation of the Actual Psali's I refer to the suscopts site (though it's not complete):

http://www.suscopts.org/deacons/hymns/theophany_psalmody.pdf

Blessed Epiphany to all!

hmmm.....i translated them, they are being reviewed. if not done by tomorrow nit, i'll put my fist version online for the whole psalmody here on the text library.
  • [coptic]Myna - pefbwk oumyi pe @ qybc oucaji va ouhwout pe hina `f[i (pi) ie (`p) anok de gar ]meu`i je `cse `ntefswpi kata (piqybc) `mmon (`pqybc) alla ]nacwtem erof `nje pihwc[/coptic]
    Mina - hisservant is right; [coptic]qybc [/coptic]is a masculine word so it takes "[coptic]pi[/coptic]" or "[coptic]`p[/coptic]" although I think it should be like "[coptic]piqybc[/coptic]" rather than "[coptic]`pqybc[/coptic]" but I will listen to it that is the hymn
    [coptic]`n`ftajryout an pe ejen picaji ete vahou[/coptic]
    it doesn't depend on the word after
    [coptic]oujai qen `P=[=c[/coptic]
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=4983.msg99361#msg99361 date=1232116331]
    [coptic]Myna - pefbwk oumyi pe @ qybc oucaji va ouhwout pe hina `f[i (pi) ie (`p) anok de gar ]meu`i je `cse `ntefswpi kata (piqybc) `mmon (`pqybc) alla ]nacwtem erof `nje pihwc[/coptic]
    Mina - hisservant is right; [coptic]qybc [/coptic]is a masculine word so it takes "[coptic]pi[/coptic]" or "[coptic]`p[/coptic]" although I think it should be like "[coptic]piqybc[/coptic]" rather than "[coptic]`pqybc[/coptic]" but I will listen to it that is the hymn

sorry. if you say so.

this is the clearest recording: http://www.alhan-youthbishopric.com/Downloads/Audio/Alhan/ClergyChorus/Easter/Easter2007/Hitan-ClergyChorus-Easter2007.wma
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=4983.msg99361#msg99361 date=1232116331]
    [coptic]Myna - pefbwk oumyi pe @ qybc oucaji va ouhwout pe hina `f[i (pi) ie (`p) anok de gar ]meu`i je `cse `ntefswpi kata (piqybc) `mmon (`pqybc) alla ]nacwtem erof `nje pihwc[/coptic]

I think you're right, it might be [coptic]piqybc[/coptic]
  • [coptic]]nou aicwtem erof @ ]tajryout je vai pe (piqybc) alla `pcaq Iprahym afcwrem `ntef`cmy `ncoucou[/coptic]
    Now I have heard it; I am sure it is "[coptic]piqybc[/coptic]" but cantor Ibrahim lost his voice for a moment
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=4983.msg99372#msg99372 date=1232142304]
    [quote author=ophadece link=topic=4983.msg99361#msg99361 date=1232116331]

sorry. if you say so.

this is the clearest recording: http://www.alhan-youthbishopric.com/Downloads/Audio/Alhan/ClergyChorus/Easter/Easter2007/Hitan-ClergyChorus-Easter2007.wma

do u have recordings like this for nativity 08 or 09? thanks.
  • does anyone have the praxis response for st antony.

also, the madeha for him would be great (arabic and english please) thanks a lot
  • does anyone know the text and the audio for a tarneema called "samehni ya saedi"? Thanks.
  • I was wondering if anyone has the text for the deacon's confession-long version in coptic, arabic, and english. Thanks a lot.
  • Here you go..[coptic]Amyn Amyn Amyn ]nah] ]nah] ]nah]@ Je ;ai te qen oume;mi `amyn. Twbh `ejen ,rictianoc niben et qen mai niben@ `etaujoc nan `eerepoumeui qen ]ekklycia@ qen nen]ho nem nentwbh nem nen `precbia.
    `MV] pinayt `anon hwn nemwou aripenmeui qen peknai sa eneh qen `;metouro `nnivyoui @ Iycou <ricte bacileu `ymwn cwtem `eron ouoh nai nan@ Amen Allylouia`
    Proceuxac;e `upper tyc axiac metaly'eowc a,rantwn ke epouraniwn twn agiwn muctyriwn Kurie Eleycon[/coptic]

Here is the link to a recording in Arabic. I don't have the text in English however. http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?s=Hymns/Annual/Deacon_Responses/Ibrahim_Ayad/Liturgy/74.confession_great_coptic.mp3
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=4983.msg105913#msg105913 date=1251728265]
    Here you go..[coptic]Amyn Amyn Amyn ]nah] ]nah] ]nah]@ Je ;ai te qen oume;mi `amyn. Twbh `ejen ,rictianoc niben et qen mai niben@ `etaujoc nan `eerepoumeui qen ]ekklycia@ qen nen]ho nem nentwbh nem nen `precbia.
    `MV] pinayt `anon hwn nemwou aripenmeui qen peknai sa eneh qen `;metouro `nnivyoui @ Iycou <ricte bacileu `ymwn cwtem `eron ouoh nai nan@ Amen Allylouia`
    Proceuxac;e `upper tyc axiac metaly'eowc a,rantwn ke epouraniwn twn agiwn muctyriwn Kurie Eleycon[/coptic]

Here is the link to a recording in Arabic. I don't have the text in English however. http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?s=Hymns/Annual/Deacon_Responses/Ibrahim_Ayad/Liturgy/74.confession_great_coptic.mp3

actually last sunday in church.....for some weird reason i decided to say it in the confession IN ENGLISH....i translated it on the spot from the arabic....i dono how i did that!!!
  • Bad for me to hear that from you dear Mina. You are some influence on me to stick to Coptic, so please keep that up...
    [coptic]oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=4983.msg105920#msg105920 date=1251754759]
    Bad for me to hear that from you dear Mina. You are some influence on me to stick to Coptic, so please keep that up...
    [coptic]oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]

well....that was a small change. the head deacon always, ALWAYS, says this every feast in coptic. and people never know what it means. So i said it once in english.....and the word are actually nice AND COPTIC. ALso in my book, it end with only Amen Alleluia. I dono about the extra greed paragraph ...
  • [coptic]`slyl e;byt Myna
    oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]
  • Hello everyone,

Happy Feast of Pentecost!

I was wondering if anyone has the praxis response for St. Thomas. Also, a "hazzat" sheet for the Hymn of Blessing "Tenousht" and the Paralex that proceeds it "Shere Maria." Thank you very much and take care.
  • Does anyone know where I can find a digital copy of the Coptic Katameros for every occassion? If not, then the Sunday katameros is fine. It means a lot. Thank you very much.
  • Hello everyone;

I was wondering if someone can find the Praxis response for the St. Teji. Thank you very much and God bless.
  • Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has the "combo," if you will, heteni verse for Sts. Barbara, Julian, Demiana, Marina. I am also looking for the heteni verse for St. Thomas the Hermit.

Also, I heard someone in my church saying that we should say a heteni for the recent martyrs of Egypt. Does anyone know if this is true? I thought we have to wait 50 years for this, right? If not, does someone have the verse for that? I would guess it is the same as the verse for the Akhmim martyrs (at the introduction of the verse anyways). Thank you very much and take care.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=4983.msg131547#msg131547 date=1298600046]
    Also, I heard someone in my church saying that we should say a heteni for the recent martyrs of Egypt. Does anyone know if this is true? I thought we have to wait 50 years for this, right? If not, does someone have the verse for that? I would guess it is the same as the verse for the Akhmim martyrs (at the introduction of the verse anyways). Thank you very much and take care.

Nope...that is not right in any way. they can be mentioned with the departed but NEVER in the hetinneiat. only verses of canonized saints are said. i say "canonized" because not only we have to wait 50 yrs, but the Synod must declare them as "canonized" saints.
  • Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has the text for the following audios.

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Fasts/Great_Lent/Ibrahim_Ayad/Great_Lent_-_Sat_and_Sun_Matins/06.doxology2.75.mp3

The following audio does not have the Coptic parts before "hossana khen ni etchosi." Does someone have the text for it?

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Fasts/Great_Lent/Ibrahim_Ayad/Great_Lent_-_Sat_and_Sun_Matins/07.doxology3.1016.mp3]http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Palm_Sunday/Ibrahim_Ayad/48_4th_Gospel_Response.1914.mp3]http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Fasts/Great_Lent/Ibrahim_Ayad/Great_Lent_-_Sat_and_Sun_Matins/07.doxology3.1016.mp3

The following audio does not have the Coptic parts before "hossana khen ni etchosi." Does someone have the text for it?

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Palm_Sunday/Ibrahim_Ayad/48_4th_Gospel_Response.1914.mp3

And the second and third doxologies for Cantor Ibrahim Ayad's Palm Sunday recordings do not have text associated with the audio. Does someone have the text?

Thanks a lot and take care.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=4983.msg131970#msg131970 date=1299209872]
    [url]

url for what?!.....what i am saying is a teaching and a rule not a recording. not everything that is said in Church will have a recording. if a deacons who thinks he is good at hymns and can't do a simple tarkeep on a hetinni or a praxis response, than "huston, we have a problem."
  • Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has the text for the following hymns:

Apenchoise for Palm Sunday Liturgy. Here is a link to the audio: http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Palm_Sunday/Ibrahim_Ayad.html (14th audio from the bottom)

4th Gospel Response for Palm Sunday Liturgy. Here is a link to the audio:
    http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Palm_Sunday/Ibrahim_Ayad.html (5th audio from the bottom)

Thank you very much and take care.
  • Here is the text for Apenchois
    A Pen[oic Iycouc Pi`,rictoc@ kata `vry] `mpai`ehoou@ afse `eqoun `eIeroucalym@ aftalyout `eou`e`w. This is what Ibrahim Ayad recorded.

Keep in mind the sentence is grammatical incorrect. There's too many verb tenses. It should be
    Pen[oic Iycouc Pi`,rictoc@ kata `vry] `mpai`ehoou@ afse `eqoun `eIeroucalym@ aftalyout `eou`e`w. You could change the first line and copy the first line of the mohayar of the Resurrection and it would become: Pa[oic Iycouc Pi`,rictoc@ kata `vry] `mpai`ehoou@ afse `eqoun `eIeroucalym@ aftalyout `eou`e`w. Both of these are grammatically correct.

The translation is "Our Lord Jesus Christ - In a similar manner as today, He came into Jerusalem [and] climbed a donkey.

Here is the text for the 4th Gospel response
    Vyethemci hijen Ni,eroubim@ aftalof `eou`e`w@ afse `eqoun `eIeroucalym@ oupe painis] `n;ebio.
    Ouoh aftalyout `eou`e`w@ `nje Pi`,rictoc qen ou;ebio@ ni`alwou`i auerouo@ je Wcanna Psyri `nDauid.

The first verse is taken from the first Palm Sunday doxology. I don't recognize the second verse anywhere.

The translation is "He who sits on the Cherubim, rode upon a donkey. He came into Jerusalem. What great humility!
    And in humility, Christ climbed a donkey. The children answered saying, Hosanna the Son of David."

I hope this helps.
    George
  • Thanks Remnkemi,

I know this is too much to ask but would you happen to have the text for the second and third doxologies? It is not on this site. Thanks. I really appreciate it.