Need help finding some coptic text?

Hey everyone,

If you guys go to the link below:

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Nativity/2005_Liturgy_at_Cathedral.html

you will find Ibrahim Ayaad and the chorus chanting the gospel reponse for Christmas. It is however different (as in added words, other than the "ocio afshai and epchois emepeou"). If anyone finds the words, can you send them to me. Thanks a lot.

Comments

• [quote author=kmeka001 link=board=2;threadid=4983;start=0#msg67417 date=1171169507]
    Hey everyone,

If you guys go to the link below:

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Nativity/2005_Liturgy_at_Cathedral.html

you will find Ibrahim Ayaad and the chorus chanting the gospel reponse for Christmas. It is however different (as in added words, other than the "ocio afshai and epchois emepeou"). If anyone finds the words, can you send them to me. Thanks a lot.

mostly of these response are parts of the doxologies of nativity. pease check and am sure u'll find the paragraphs there.
  • Actually they are from the Thursday Theotokia:

Part 5; 4-6

see this link also:
    http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/index.php?a=view&id=471

[coptic]Vy gar etaumacf hwc nou] `apa;yc ebolqen `Viwt aumacf on kata carx apa;yc ebolqen ]par;enoc

Ouai pe ebolqen =b oume;nou] nem oumetrwmi qen vai ceouwst `mmof `nje nimagoc eu,w `nrwou euer;e`ologin

Au`ini naf `noulibanoc hwc nou] nem ounoub hwc ouro nem ousal eu]myini `epefmou `nreftanqo [/coptic]

* For He who was born is God, born without pain from the Father, and He was also born according to the flesh, without pain for the Virgin.

One nature out of two, Divinity and Humanity, wherefore the Magi silently, worship uttering His Divinity.

* They offered Him frank-incense for He is God, and gold for He is King, and myrrh as a sign, of His Life-giving death.

áÇä ÇáÐì æõáÏ Åáå ÈÛíÑ Ãáã ãä ÇáÂÈ æõáÏ ÃíÖÇð ÍÓÈ ÇáÌÓÏ ÈÛíÑ Ãáã ãä ÇáÚÐÑÇÁ.

åæ ÇÊÍÇÏ ÇáÇËäíä áÇåæÊ æäÇÓæÊ. æáåÐÇ ÓÌÏ áå ÇáãÌæÓ. ÓÇßÊíä æäÇØÞíä ÈáÇåæÊå.

ÞÏãæÇ áå áÈÇäÇð ßÃáå æÐåÈÇð ßãáß æãÑÇð ÚáÇãÉ Úáì ãæÊå ÇáãÍíì.
  • are you talking about ke eprto.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=board=2;threadid=4983;start=0#msg67468 date=1171303995]
    I am not talking about ke eperto. I am talking about loipon afkaf (after they laid him in the tomb...). There are other parts after that paragraph. (between that part and alleluia(4x) there are other parts, its recorded by Ibrahim Ayaad and the chorus but I do not know the link).

here:

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns%2FMajor_Feasts_of_the_Lord%2FResurrection%2FIbrahim_Ayad%2FPart_3%2F04.Gospel_Response.1134.mp3

also everything is here on tasbeha.org but you just need to go to the right catagories.
  • Hey guys,

if you guys also go to the link below:

You will find Ibrahim Ayaad and his son, Antoun and the chorus alternating the "Hitenis" (the recording is called "Hitenis"). Can anyone find the words to it?

Thanks
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=4983.msg68607#msg68607 date=1173932273]
    Hey guys,

if you guys also go to the link below:

You will find Ibrahim Ayaad and his son, Antoun and the chorus alternating the "Hitenis" (the recording is called "Hitenis"). Can anyone find the words to it?

Thanks

since you heared it allready, just say the saint's name and i'll get them for you. i don't think they say much. the normal ones. add St. Athanasios in the nativity, Ava Tege, and the bishops one. that's it. except this year where Ibrahim Ayad added to more names of defenders of faith to the hetene of S.t Athanasios
  • that is the thing, i do not know the names, they say it very fast that i cannot make out what they are saying... it sounds that you are better than me in coptic, can you see where ibrahim ayaad gets the names (even the defenders of the faith ones...) from and tell me where they are or that does not work, write the hitenis for me. i understand that it maybe a lot of work but the head deacon is depending on me to get the names so we can say it in easter this year. thanks a lot.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=4983.msg68643#msg68643 date=1173980544]
    that is the thing, i do not know the names, they say it very fast that i cannot make out what they are saying... it sounds that you are better than me in coptic, can you see where ibrahim ayaad gets the names (even the defenders of the faith ones...) from and tell me where they are or that does not work, write the hitenis for me. i understand that it maybe a lot of work but the head deacon is depending on me to get the names so we can say it in easter this year. thanks a lot.

the defendrs of faith ones i am sure he said St. Athansios, St. Cyril but not sure who els
  • [coptic]Hiten nieu,y `nte nenio] e;ouab `mpatriar,yc abba A;anacioc pi`apoctolikoc nem abba Kurilloc pi`ctulloc `nte pinah] nem Diockoroc `tqybc `n]or;odoxi`a P=o=c...[/coptic]

Rough translation:
    Through the prayers of our holy fathers the patriarchs, abba Athanasius the apostolic and abba Cyril the pillar of faith and Dioscorus the lamp of orthodoxy, O Lord...

PS i typed this based upon what i heard, i dont have a written document from the cathedral chorus, but i'm pretty sure this is the correct txt ;D
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=4983.msg68649#msg68649 date=1173983693]
    [coptic]Hiten nieu,y `nte nenio] e;ouab `mpatriar,yc abba A;anacioc pi`apoctolikoc nem abba Kurilloc pi`ctulloc `nte pinah] nem Diockoroc `tqybc `n]or;odoxi`a P=o=c...[/coptic]

Rough translation:
    Through the prayers of our holy fathers the patriarchs, abba Athanasius the apostolic and abba Cyril the pillar of faith and Dioscorus the lamp of orthodoxy, O Lord...

PS i typed this based upon what i heard, i dont have a written document from the cathedral chorus, but i'm pretty sure this is the correct txt ;D

thanks. am sure u have a good recording of the liturgy. i heard once and it was live so i didn't pay much attention for it. so now we have a new heteni for the defenders of faith!!
  • Hey guys,

I have another question. If you guys go to the link below, you will find four recordings (four parts) of the Resurrection Liturgy. If you can pick the second recording, you will find the pope just about to begin his sermon, if you fastforward to the time "35:59", you will the chorus about to begin the gospel response; I would greatly appreciated if someone can get me the text for it. Thanks.

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Divine_Liturgies/Pope_Shenouda_in_Cathedral,_1998_Easter_Liturgy.html
  • the response of Easter is the txt from both the Verses of the Cymbals and the Aspasmos Watos for the Resurrection: Lipon avkaf khen pi emhav. You can find it in any psalmody, deacons service book, and in the txt library here. If you cant find it, let me know!
  • i can't find it. if you can find the text for me and place it in forums, that would be great. By the way, there are more verses in addition to the "libon afkav". if you can get it for me before this easter, because i am responsible for getting those verses to the choir leader of my church before Easter 2007. Thanks a lot.
  • I don't wish to be rude or anything in anyway, but what is so hard in finding the gospel response? U go to "text library => feasts => major feasts of the lord => resurrection => liturgy. Then you end up here:

http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/index.php?action=viewcat&id=88

there you can find the gospel response, and many other hymns.

I'm not trying to pick on you specifically, but there are so many people that ask for hymns text all the time while all they should do is browse throught the library. There's also a search option with which you can look up one or more words from a hymn in both coptic and english. If you are looking for this gospel response you type in [coptic]loipon[/coptic], and you'll find a whole list of all hymns with this particular word in it, including the gospel response.

the way, there are more verses in addition to the "libon afkav

true, but these verses aren't recorded in any "official" rites tape for Resurrection as far as I know. The chorus probably chants it while H.H. is greeting the official guests in the Cathedral, it takes a lot of time.
    Anyway, the text simply comes from the Doxology for Bright Saturday and the Fifty Holy Days ([coptic]vyetausans[/coptic]), which can be found real easily by using the same search option. Try it for yourself, and if you can't find it, I'll give you the link!

PS maybe the admins could make a sticky thread with some explanation on the structure of the hymns library and the search option! It seems like a lot of people have no clue it exists!
  • Before I ask my question, I would like to tell "Hos Erof" if you don't want to answer my questions, just don't post your answer, but you do not have to be rude, and by the way before i ask for the text of hymns, i always look for the text first, so i do not have to be burden on you guys.

Now that that is over, I would like to ask my question: does anyone know where i can find the audio for long agios (there is a longer part than the one that is recorded here:

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Resurrection/Ibrahim_Ayad/Part_3/03.Agios.1133.mp3. (to be more specific, it is after where he stops at the time 1:43.1)). He [Ibrahim Ayad], and the chorus said it on Easter 2007.

Another thing is that does anyone have the text for "Eparthenos", there is another part to the one recorded here:

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?s=Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Nativity/2005_Liturgy_at_Cathedral/016.Eparthenos.mp3. He [Ibrahim Ayad], and the chorus said it on Christmas 2007.

I would appreciate it if you guys would find the parts because I need them to put in my collection of hymns. Thanks a lot.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=4983.msg70865#msg70865 date=1179030658]
    Before I ask my question, I would like to tell "Hos Erof" if you don't want to answer my questions, just don't post your answer, but you do not have to be rude, and by the way before i ask for the text of hymns, i always look for the text first, so i do not have to be burden on you guys.

wow, i never heard hoserof being rude.

anyways..................

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Resurrection/Ibrahim_Ayad/Part_3/03.Agios.1133.mp3. (to be more specific, it is after where he stops at the time 1:43.1)). He [Ibrahim Ayad], and the chorus said it on Easter 2007.

this was recorded by muallem Tawfik and Fahim. it's not here on tasbeha.org but u can find it on coptichymns.net

Another thing is that does anyone have the text for "Eparthenos", there is another part to the one recorded here:
    http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?s=Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Nativity/2005_Liturgy_at_Cathedral/016.Eparthenos.mp3. He [Ibrahim Ayad], and the chorus said it on Christmas 2007.

i guess u never researched enough. what is said here is not another part of Eparthenos but it's another greek Part/hymn. since now u know this, u can find the hymn on the text library under the Greek Parts category. it's called, Engennesis
  • I cannot find that hymn. What is it called again? I do not mean "Pijimnisi".
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=4983.msg70881#msg70881 date=1179104505]
    I cannot find that hymn. What is it called again? I do not mean "Pijimnisi".

here is the hymn:
    http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/index.php?a=view&id=1504

by the way, what was done by Ibrahim Ayad and the chorus in the the link of the liturgy below is just wrong. the hymn have it's own tune but it's just not femous but very rare. it's tune is not as E-parthenos but i guess Ibrahim rakebha that way.
  • do you have the recording of the "right" way and the recording of the "ibrahim way"?
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=4983.msg70886#msg70886 date=1179109874]
    do you have the recording of the "right" way and the recording of the "ibrahim way"?

no........didn't heard it yet.

aslo Ibrahim Ayad didn't recorded in tapes, he only rakebha and said it with the Cathedral Chorus.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=4983.msg70885#msg70885 date=1179109007]
    [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=4983.msg70881#msg70881 date=1179104505]

here is the hymn:

by the way, what was done by Ibrahim Ayad and the chorus in the the link of the liturgy below is just wrong. the hymn have it's own tune but it's just not femous but very rare. it's tune is not as E-parthenos but i guess Ibrahim rakebha that way.

hey mina,

where is the hymn? i clicked the link and the page was blank.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=4983.msg80323#msg80323 date=1197568773]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=4983.msg70885#msg70885 date=1179109007]
    [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=4983.msg70881#msg70881 date=1179104505]

here is the hymn:

hey mina,

where is the hymn? i clicked the link and the page was blank.

http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/2172

this is [coptic]`Ngennycic cou `<rycte[/coptic]. and i think if you want specific hymn text u should find it on the hymn text library better cuz most of the old links that were posted in the forum don't work anymore cuz we have updated our configration of pages.
  • Hey guys,

If you guys go to the following link:

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Videos/Live_Broadcasts/2005_and_Earlier.html

play the first recording "2003 Christmas Liturgy H.H. Pope Shenouda Cathedral" and scroll down to about 37:50, you'll see the Ibrahim Ayad and the chorus finishing the third Nativity Doxology and about to say something else in coptic. I was wondering what the text for that is. I am guessing it is the conclusion of the doxologies. Thanks a lot.
  • never mind guys. I just found it. thanks though
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=4983.msg67427#msg67427 date=1171222368]
    Actually they are from the Thursday Theotokia:

Part 5; 4-6

see this link also:
    http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/index.php?a=view&id=471

[coptic]Vy gar etaumacf hwc nou] `apa;yc ebolqen `Viwt aumacf on kata carx apa;yc ebolqen ]par;enoc

Ouai pe ebolqen =b oume;nou] nem oumetrwmi qen vai ceouwst `mmof `nje nimagoc eu,w `nrwou euer;e`ologin

Au`ini naf `noulibanoc hwc nou] nem ounoub hwc ouro nem ousal eu]myini `epefmou `nreftanqo [/coptic]

* For He who was born is God, born without pain from the Father, and He was also born according to the flesh, without pain for the Virgin.

One nature out of two, Divinity and Humanity, wherefore the Magi silently, worship uttering His Divinity.

* They offered Him frank-incense for He is God, and gold for He is King, and myrrh as a sign, of His Life-giving death.

áÇä ÇáÐì æõáÏ Åáå ÈÛíÑ Ãáã ãä ÇáÂÈ æõáÏ ÃíÖÇð ÍÓÈ ÇáÌÓÏ ÈÛíÑ Ãáã ãä ÇáÚÐÑÇÁ.

åæ ÇÊÍÇÏ ÇáÇËäíä áÇåæÊ æäÇÓæÊ. æáåÐÇ ÓÌÏ áå ÇáãÌæÓ. ÓÇßÊíä æäÇØÞíä ÈáÇåæÊå.

ÞÏãæÇ áå áÈÇäÇð ßÃáå æÐåÈÇð ßãáß æãÑÇð ÚáÇãÉ Úáì ãæÊå ÇáãÍíì.

Hey, I had a question

"A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars;" (Revelation 12:1)

this is talking about St Mary right?

well, this is what Revelation 12:2 says: and she was with child; and she cried out, being in labor and in pain to give birth.

doesn't that contradict with the above hymn? or is something else meant?

Thanks in advance
    God bless you
    Please pray for my weakness

• [coptic]V]pe]agapy pamenrit>
    ]meu`i je pihymnoc viri ebol pimetsib] outwou `nje ]jinerboki qen ou`mkah`nhyt `nte Eua nem ;ai qen apa;yc `nte ];eotokoc[/coptic]
    I think that they hymn stresses out the difference between the conception in pain of Eva and that without pain of the Mother of God
    [coptic]`mperer`pwbs je nihymnoc `nrem`n<ymi ne enermyniutyc emasw[/coptic]
    Don't forget that the Coptic hymns are very expressive
    [coptic]oujai qen `P=[=c[/coptic]
  • hey guys, i was wondering where the hymns for the paramon for the epiphany is. everything beginning from the ayshia. Thanks a lot
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=4983.msg99337#msg99337 date=1232064773]
    hey guys, i was wondering where the hymns for the paramon for the epiphany is. everything beginning from the ayshia. Thanks a lot

give me the nit and i'll have them done.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=4983.msg68649#msg68649 date=1173983693]
    [coptic]Hiten nieu,y `nte nenio] e;ouab `mpatriar,yc abba A;anacioc pi`apoctolikoc nem abba Kurilloc pi`ctulloc `nte pinah] nem Diockoroc `tqybc `n]or;odoxi`a P=o=c...[/coptic]

Rough translation:

There is no nem before dioscorus and it is epkhivs not et but thats right. so the corrected is below.

[coptic]Hiten nieu,y `nte nenio] e;ouab `mpatriar,yc abba A;anacioc pi`apoctolikoc nem abba Kurilloc pi`ctulloc `nte pinah]  Diockoroc `pqybc `n]or;odoxi`a P=o=c...[/coptic]
  • [quote author=Hisservant link=topic=4983.msg99342#msg99342 date=1232074143]
    [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=4983.msg68649#msg68649 date=1173983693]

Rough translation:

There is no nem before dioscorus and it is epkhivs not et but thats right. so the corrected is below.

[coptic]Hiten nieu,y `nte nenio] e;ouab `mpatriar,yc abba A;anacioc pi`apoctolikoc nem abba Kurilloc pi`ctulloc `nte pinah]  Diockoroc `pqybc `n]or;odoxi`a P=o=c...[/coptic]

i have to say that it doesn't make much difference....the [coptic]nem[/coptic] is necessarily to flow better when chanting.

for the "[coptic]`tqybc `n]or;odoxia[/coptic]" ...i actually think it's right, being [coptic]`t[/coptic] is right because it follow the word after, [coptic]`n[coptic]][/coptic]or;odoxia[/coptic], which is a feminine word, having the article [coptic]][/coptic]. so it's necessarily to use the same article in the word before, [coptic]`tqybc[/coptic] to also be feminine.

Fady, please correct me if i am wrong.

Also think about it, this hetini was put together recently, they are not stupid to make a mistake like this. they are also scholars in the coptic language.