HCOC's Liturgy of St. Basil

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Agape,

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Just wanted to let u know that HCOC's fifth production, which the Liturgy of Saint Basil the Great, is out! U can order your copy from orthodoxbookstore.org

For more details, click the link below:

http://www.copticheritage.org/Productions_saintbasil.phtml

Comments

• [quote author=Biboboy link=topic=7527.msg99076#msg99076 date=1231373081]
    Agape,

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Just wanted to let u know that HCOC's fifth production, which the Liturgy of Saint Basil the Great, is out! U can order your copy from orthodoxbookstore.org

For more details, click the link below:

http://www.copticheritage.org/Productions_saintbasil.phtml

i am listening to the samples and i don't think that the quality of the tracks are as good...comparing to previous productions!!!
  • ok....i have some comments, not that it will matter but it's my opinion....

"Accurate versions of the hymns of the priests, deacons, and congregation. "
    I am sorry we all have been saying/praying the wrong liturgy for the last couple of hundred years. you are not only undermine what people been praying, you are undermining all those cantors and HICS that is truly the best chorus that was put together and will always BE.

"Recordings of all the Aspazmos hymns, which is for the first time collected in one set, as well as forgotten melismatic hymns such as the long "Pinishti," the Greek hymn "Evshes," and the long ending of the Psalm 150 for communion."

Now since when, Great pinishti, Evshes, and ending of psalm 150 RARE?!
    and aspazmoses?!, really....Ibrahim Ayad recorded most of them, and other cantors recorded others. you have to have them in one album ya3ny to be "a true aspazmos"

i really don't care about any response any one gives. i just don't like some of the words that are used to "sell" these productions. they just attract attention without thought!!
  • [coptic]Myna>
    `N;ok oujor pe ejwou `nje (=h=c=o=c) - ma`mton `nnekmou] :D[/coptic]
    You are tough on them the "HCOC" - quieten your nerves :D
    [coptic]]]ma] nemak ejen nai,wouni `n`jko ete nai e;byt gar nanwou an[/coptic]
    I agree with you on those selling points which are for me not good
    [coptic]oujai qen `P=[=c[/coptic]
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=7527.msg99086#msg99086 date=1231412272]
    [coptic]Myna>
    `N;ok oujor pe ejwou `nje (=h=c=o=c) - ]emton `nnekmou] :D[/coptic]
    You are tough on them the "HCOC" - quieten your nerves :D

am sorry. i just take "service" to be a very sensitive matter in our lives towards God. if this is defiled what else is left?!!

am not saying that it go on with ppl they deal with here and there...i would just refuse that way and look at the prize and get to it "without adding any twists to the rules"
  • [coptic]]meu`i on `mpekry] je `cse `nstemswpi kata pai[/coptic]
    I think also like you that it should not be like this
    [coptic]My paikocmoc an swpi `nounanef `mma `nhouo aresan ouon niben er`svyri pet ouontaf nem nikerwmi nyetouer`,ria `mmwou?[/coptic]
    Would the world not be a better place if every one shares what they have with other people who need these?
    [coptic]Alla pantwc `cse `n]joust eroi sa `pqae - `slyl e`hryi ejwi[/coptic]
    But anyway it should be that I watch myself till the end - pray for me
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=7527.msg99091#msg99091 date=1231439513]
    [coptic]]meu`i on `mpekry] je `cse `nstemswpi kata pai[/coptic]
    I think also like you that it should not be like this
    [coptic]My paikocmoc an swpi `nounanef `mma `nhouo aresan ouon niben er`svyri pet ouontaf nem nikerwmi nyetouer`,ria `mmwou?[/coptic]
    Would the world not be a better place if every one shares what they have with other people who need these?
    [coptic]Alla pantwc `cse `n]joust eroi sa `pqae - `slyl e`hryi ejwi[/coptic]
    But anyway it should be that I watch myself till the end - pray for me

lol...well well see...and one day i thought that we were going in trouble to have all of these hymns of Ibrahim Ayad and HICS online!!!!
  • wow....i see many HCOC memebers already loging in to see the post!!!
  • Aghapy,

Just to clarify, We are not claiming that we are the only correct source for the liturgy. We are saying that our way is correct, since there are cantors who recorded it incorrectly and some correctly.

As for your point on the Aspasmos', We recorded all the Aspasmos' unlike the other cantors and the HICS. And yes it is in one CD for no purpose but just to have them all under one production to complete the Litrgy of St. Basil, compared to other sources that have them all over the place.

The quality on the website is strictly because it is on the internet and it is reduced quality and some recordings are lower quality because they were not recorded in a studio. For example: Some of the priests parts and that of anba Raphaels.

I also understand that you wrote that you don't care about what anyone responds to what you wrote, and you also wrote that you see many HCOC members logging in to see what you have written, and that is okay. Our mission is to Protect and Preserve the hymns of our church. And in no way do we think we are better then anyone. We are not trying to "show off" saying things that will make us look better, we are just writing them to notify people and so they can understand what our mission is.

Thank You - Happy Feast of the Nativity

• [quote author=ABasanti link=topic=7527.msg99094#msg99094 date=1231450298]
    Aghapy,

Just to clarify, We are not claiming that we are the only correct source for the liturgy. We are saying that our way is correct, since there are cantors who recorded it incorrectly and some correctly.

But again.....that really didn't change much of my statemnt below. By saying your way is THE CORRECT source, you defy the rest. you consider the rest not "another way," but just an "incorrect way"...which is considered not true. and i think you guys would know best about what you are talking about. i know you guys collect ALL recordings from everywhere...and know which is which.

The quality on the website is strictly because it is on the internet and it is reduced quality and some recordings are lower quality because they were not recorded in a studio. For example: Some of the priests parts and that of anba Raphaels.

well that defies the last point of the ad online....but it's no problem, i can deal with that..;)

I also understand that you wrote that you don't care about what anyone responds to what you wrote, and you also wrote that you see many HCOC members logging in to see what you have written, and that is okay. Our mission is to Protect and Preserve the hymns of our church. And in no way do we think we are better then anyone. We are not trying to "show off" saying things that will make us look better, we are just writing them to notify people and so they can understand what our mission is.
    Thank You - Happy Feast of the Nativity

again i never get that slogan, "To Protect and Preserve"...many spoken about it, i spoke about with one of you guys personally, and i see it hard to comprehend with what you guys do.....but that's a bigger problem.
    thanks for your response....atleast someone did.
  • I advise everyone, HCOC members especially, to try not to refute with Mina. It's obvious he is set in his narrow-mindedness, no matter what anyone says to him. I was taught that we, as a Christian community, should support those who are trying to put forth something for the glory of God and encouraging those who wish to continue the preservation of our hymns. Nevertheless, all i see is unconstructive criticism with no regards to decency and politeness. You are free to have your own opinions, but if you have nothing constructive to say--please keep it to yourself!

Tony Moussa
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=7527.msg99097#msg99097 date=1231454607]
    I advise everyone, HCOC members especially, to try not to refute with Mina. It's obvious he is set in his narrow-mindedness, no matter what anyone says to him. I was taught that we, as a Christian community, should support those who are trying to put forth something for the glory of God and encouraging those who wish to continue the preservation of our hymns. Nevertheless, all i see is unconstructive criticism with no regards to decency and politeness. You are free to have your own opinions, but if you have nothing constructive to say--please keep it to yourself!

Tony Moussa

you know me well Tony.. :)

but i have to say that what i said is, in way, "constructive."

let's see, constructive:
    1  : declared such by judicial construction or interpretation <constructive fraud>
    2  : of or relating to construction or creation
    3  : promoting improvement or development <constructive criticism> 

so what i say does have a meaning behind, just for those who care...
  • Mina,

I find it tedious and pointless to continue to argue with you because no matter what i say or post, it won't make a difference. There is no point in arguing someone who has a "set" opinion; especially one that i believe is set based on spite against these works (basing this on your attitude in general towards the choir). I, again, advise members and others who find these works to be beneficial- to not say anything. This is my last post on this topic.

Tony
  • Hi minagir,

I hate for this to sound like i'm "ganging up" on you but how on earth did you get

we all have been saying/praying the wrong liturgy for the last couple of hundred years. you are not only undermine what people been praying, you are undermining all those cantors and HICS

from

Accurate versions of the hymns of the priests, deacons, and congregation.

That's like me saying I have a really good computer in front of me. Does that mean all other computers that exist are not that good?

It seems as though you've got bigger issues with the HCOC and are just nitpicking with your earlier points to discredit them. I find that quite upsetting...

Cheers,
    Andrew
  • [quote author=andrewtanios link=topic=7527.msg99100#msg99100 date=1231456054]
    Hi minagir,

I hate for this to sound like i'm "ganging up" on you but how on earth did you get

not the first...used to it by now.

we all have been saying/praying the wrong liturgy for the last couple of hundred years. you are not only undermine what people been praying, you are undermining all those cantors and HICS

from

Accurate versions of the hymns of the priests, deacons, and congregation.

That's like me saying I have a really good computer in front of me. Does that mean all other computers that exist are not that good?
    well did they say "this is really good compared to other sources". nope. so if you wanna literally look at this, consider all of the case literally. not to mention that you can't just compare concepts we have in Church with other things

It seems as though you've got bigger issues with the HCOC and are just nitpicking with your earlier points to discredit them. I find that quite upsetting...

well as i said, there are bigger issues but no point to talk about since it will get no where as i have seen before....

nitpicking, well, that's just me. Tony knows that very well and he said it. so i can't deny that.

but discrediting, NO. i still respect their service and all the time....that much years and money. they deserve the respect. but somethings that i don't agree with i just have to view.....being a loud-mouth one to those who agree with me, but never talk about it to "not hurt" the people. but if you look at it, it's a double-edged sword. someone will always get hurt, but what matter is how hurt and who else get's hurt other then the two.....also who would really change as a result.
    this is tooo much to understand. i wouldn't like to get into this right now.
  • Okay lets not get out of hand here. Everyone is titled to their own opinion and of course just like anything else noone likes everything and there will always be arguements and proposals arising between people and their opinion. So lets just leave it like this. I answered back and did my part so i am done for now. Let's just be thankful that we have a church full of hymns that no other church is as rich in them as we are. If people don't like the HCOC that is okay some people don't like the HICS or some like some muallims and hate the others or think the others are not good sources but everyone has their own thoughts and opinions, no need to start arguements from this. God Bless You All.  :)
  • [coptic]Namenra] tyrou>
    ]]ma] nem Myna qen ounis] `nry] - nai,wouni `n`jko ceviri ebol je nikecen] e;be nihumnoc an ne hanmyi qen `pjinercun`krinin nai nemwou [/coptic]
    I agree with Mina to a great extent - those selling points show that the other sources for the hymns are not correct when comparing them with those ones
    [coptic]]meu`i je ;ai te an `nou;a`nhyt `ntouer`,rac;e `nnaicaji hina `ntou`jko nai ci di ie ]`h;yt `nouon niben er`svyri naihumnoc nem nikeouon eaic kata `nouergia `nte pi[ro `mmamwna[/coptic]
    I think that those are not ethical to use those words to sell the CD's and warning every one sharing those hymns with others which makes it look like an activity of monetary benefit
    [coptic]qen oume;myi ]emi je naiws `nho ejen [/coptic]ebay
    In truth I felt like I was reading a page on ebay