When do u think is the perfect age to get married?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
These two people in my church is going to get married so it got me thinking what is the perfect age to get married.
I think it's bout 25. What do u think?

god bless all this new year!

Comments

• I think around the age of 60 is perfect! ;)
  • I think after college!!!

GBU
  • [coptic]V]menre pamenrit>
    ]meu`i je piahi eter`prepi e;be pijin[iselet pe etaftajryout ejwf `nje pihai> ete vai kata oucmot etafjwk ebol `nnirompi `nte pianzyb ouoh erhytc eerhwb[/coptic]
    I think that the appropriate age for the marriage is when the man depends on himself, which is for example when he finishes the years of school and start working
    [coptic]Vai tajro pefmetantori[/coptic]
    This ensures maturity
    [coptic]oujai qen `P=[=c[/coptic]
  • I'd say it's a mix of many different factors.
    Are the husband and wife spiritually, physically and psychologically mature enough for marriage? Are they able to financially support themselves?

Obviously all these things come with age, but not everyone is the same at any given age. I'd say the most important thing is spiritual maturity. According to a sermon I heard a while back, spiritual growth tends to decline once you're married, so it's important to prepare yourself spiritually BEFORE you're married. And obviously it's no use getting married unless you can sustain the marriage.

[quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=7505.msg98941#msg98941 date=1230769760]
    I think around the age of 60 is perfect! ;)

Monastic life for you then? :P

God bless,
    Matthew
  • i agree with london copt.
    btw when i married my husband was a new unemployed immigrant who hardly spoke english.
    that was 15 years ago
    i was 22 and still a student
    and it worked...
    so don't put any limits on God ability to care for you!
    ;)
  • Yes, points raised by LondonCopt & Mabsoota are very valid. Age-wise I guess between 26 & 35 for him and 22 & 30 for her would be ideal, taking into account issues related to starting a family. Of course having your family and friends provide moral support is very valuable. But marriage is not something to be done on an impulse.

God bless,
    Paulos
  • [quote author=godloves link=topic=7505.msg98932#msg98932 date=1230760852]
    These two people in my church is going to get married so it got me thinking what is the perfect age to get married.
    I think it's bout 25. What do u think?

god bless all this new year!

I think if you find the right person, its great. Why not? Its a human right to get married. I don't think 25 is that young anyway. If both are mature and willing to learn how to make the other happy, i'm sure it will be OK.
  • hi hos erof,
    when i was 18 i was planning to get married at around 60 as well. it didn't work out  ;)
    i think any age between 18 to 100 is ok, maybe under 18 in special circumstances, like if yr in a country with an average life expectancy of 30 or 40 years, or if u happen 2 be really emotionally mature.
  • when u r physically, metally, emorionally and spiritually mature. 

matureness=marriage

equation to sum up this question.  lol but it has to be all 4 above

+mahraeel+
  •                                                                             +
    I agree with most who have answered above me... I think it's more when you feel that you are ready and that you're sure that this is the person that you want to spend the rest of your life with, through good and bad times... Also, when both you're fathers of confession feels that you're ready :-) hope this helped!

God Bless you all