Coptic Translation of "I am Glad" the English song

pp
edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hey ophadece,
Can you translate the English song "I am Glad" into Coptic, as I see that you are good in Coptic as you translate what you say? Thanks, it would be very appreciated!
In Christ,
aem581

[coptic]Oujai qen `P[oic[/coptic]

Comments

• [coptic]Aem=v=p=a pamenrit>
    ouwrp nyi `noumour e;be vaijw et]na[wnt kata tajom[/coptic]
    Send me the link for that song and I will try according to my power (= the best I can)
    [coptic]oujai qen `P=[=c[/coptic]
  • I am Glad [coptic]Tasep`hmot ofadyc[/coptic]
    [coptic]Qen Pi`,rictoc
    aem581[/coptic]

[coptic]Oujai qen `P[oic[/coptic]
  • [coptic]Nem ourasi - ;ai te e;bytk[/coptic]
    With pleasure - there you go
  • 1- I am glad, I am glad, That you came to our land; With Your peace and Your love, We will go hand in hand.
    [coptic]Ai[ierouot> ai[ierouot> etak`i ha penkahi@Qen tekhiryny nem tekagapy>Tennamosi oujij qen oujij[/coptic]
    R- He came for us, With His tender love Our God, our God, Came to save us, our God.
    [coptic]Ak`i e;byten> qen tekagapy `nnayt. Pennou]> Pennou]> af`i `ntefnahmen> Pennou][/coptic]
    2- Saint Mary was pleased, When she heard Gabriel; He told her you will bear, Our Lord Emmanuel.
    [coptic]A]agi`a Mari`a ounof> etaccwtem eGabriyl. `n;of pejaf eroc teramici> `mPen[oic Emmanouyl[/coptic]
    3- The angels in the sky, Praised the Lord for His birth. Glory to God in the highest, And peace be on earth.
    [coptic]Niaggeloc qen nivyou`i> au`cmou e`P[oic ejen Pefjinmici. ]wou `m`Vnou] qen nyet[oci> nem ]hiryny hijen pikahi.[/coptic]

• How do you do that ophadece?
  • [coptic]Koptmoroc pamenrit>
    `knaernoin an je ]er `nnis] `nnau et][ont eermynin erwou `nje naijwm> alla vai pe ouenergia `njin]cbw[/coptic]
    You won't imagine that I spend a long time trying to translate those files, but it is a learning activity
    [coptic]]erwout nak e[ont e`cqai qen ]metrem`n<ymi ouoh V] efecmou erok[/coptic]
    I encourage you to try writing in Coptic and God bless you
  • how did you teach yourself like that like all the grammar and what each word means?
  • [coptic]Kopticdiakwn pamenrit>
    Hiten nijinsws `nte nicaji `nrem`n<ymi nem nai `nremAraboc - jiner`,rac;e `nhanjwm kata pi,ologion nem pilexikon qen outagro[/coptic]
    Through matching the Coptic words with those Arabic ones - using books as the Kholagy and the dictionary of course
  • A dictionary??? yea i kind of do that now like i see the coptic word and match it with english ones in the hymn books
  • [coptic]ouontyi `noulexikon rem`n<ymi e metAggelia - `k`souwrp nyi `ntekmour `nulyktroniky `ntyiouwrp `mmof nak[/coptic]
    I have a dictionary Coptic to English - you can send me your electronic link (e-mail) for me to send that to you
  • OH WOW yes thats exactly i need
  • Thanks ophadece, very appreciated. may you email me too?
  • [coptic]AEM=v=p=y pamenrit>
    ]erhelpic je `knahitt aisanjoc nak je aiersoft qen taermynia[/coptic]
    I hope you won't hit me if I tell you that I made mistakes in my translation
    1- I am glad, I am glad, That you came to our land; With Your peace and Your love, We will go hand in hand.   
    [coptic]Ai[ierouot> ai[ierouot> etak`i ha penkahi@Qen tekhiryny nem tekagapy>Tennamosi oujij qen oujij[/coptic]
    R- He came for us, With His tender love Our God, our God, Came to save us, our God.   
    [coptic]Af`i e;byten> qen tefagapy `nnayt. Pennou]> Pennou]> af`i `ntefnahmen> Pennou][/coptic]
    2- Saint Mary was pleased, When she heard Gabriel; He told her you will bear, Our Lord Emmanuel.   
    [coptic]A]agi`a Mari`a ounof> etaccwtem eGabriyl. `n;of pejaf eroc teramici> `mPen[oic Emmanouyl[/coptic]
    3- The angels in the sky, Praised the Lord for His birth. Glory to God in the highest, And peace be on earth.   
    [coptic]Niaggeloc qen nivyou`i> au`cmou e`P[oic ejen Pefjinmici. Ouwou `m`Vnou] qen nyet[oci> nem ouhiryny hijen pikahi.
    oujai qen `P=[=c[/coptic]