The Meaning of Life

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
What is the meaning of life? Why are we here on earth?

Im asking these 2 questions because I feel that they maybe 1 of the many factors in america that make people atheist and also I have had classmates ask me and also I ask myself this question many times.

Pray for me ALOT
Copticdeacon

Comments

• it's my pleasure Copticdeacon  . to share u in ur topic . really this question is the normal question that any person should ask , as without asking this qustion he/she became without a target in his/her spiritual life . and the way that hasn't goal , isn't a nice way . wanna give u sipmple exaple about going without aim or goal . the budehiss people do all things to be away from the bad things " sins " - as they don't call them sin - even they may hurt their bodies by different way . as a result of all their ways they r away from bad things for a while , but do u think Copticdeacon that they will have crowns for their tiredness in battles against the sins ? ofcourse no  . as they haven't a goal , they just don't want to do this as this is bad .

But we - as christians - really , what a blessed people we're.

We live here to feel God , and go nearer and nearer to Him , so the death isn't the end . it will be only a turning point to the beging of real life  with God. We r here dear to collect a crowns that will be on our heads with Glory within the saints and angels , as we beat the devil and don't accept the sin within our life here on the earth . we r really stangers here on the earth . and we seek to go home , to our really Kingdom . the Kingdom that we r realted to  . as we're sons and daughters of the King , ofcourse our home will be the Heaven . we may suffer here but really there w'll enjoy God , and being with Him  . So dear Copticdeacon , it's nice feeling to feel God here on that earth , that really will make u seek more and more to be with Him . u can feel Lord Jesus God , by going more deep in His love , through spitiaul prayers , fasting , and the spiritual ways within the church that nearer u to Him .
    All these thoughts , it's just devil want to put obstacles in front of u , to just make u little away from His love and don't enjoy the wondefull being when u pray to Him  , when u caontact Him . Make these thoughts away and try to catch God and stress on being with Him whatever the cases aound u r . As u catch Him , devil will run away .
    To reach God 100%  = .1% You (want,battle against sin) + 99.9%God ( His Grace &Help)

May God be with u and bless urlife , and fill it with joy of bineg connected with Him , plz Copticdeacon  don't forget to mention me in ur prayers .
  • [quote author=Copticdeacon link=topic=7444.msg98367#msg98367 date=1229369172]

Im asking these 2 questions because I feel that they maybe 1 of the many factors in america that make people atheist and also I have had classmates ask me and also I ask myself this question many times.

Pray for me ALOT
    Copticdeacon

like why does God need us? I understand why we need him, but why did he create us to begin with.. he was perfect without creating men... right?
  • [quote author=Tεκcoνι μέσα Πεχριcτoc link=topic=7444.msg98374#msg98374 date=1229374719]
    [quote author=Copticdeacon link=topic=7444.msg98367#msg98367 date=1229369172]

Pray for me ALOT
    Copticdeacon

like why does God need us? I understand why we need him, but why did he create us to begin with.. he was perfect without creating men... right?

He was perfect without creating men, and is still perfect after creating men, and will aways be perfect. God created men because God is love and life, and there has always been perfect mutual love between the 3 Persons of the Trinity. Love is sharing, and therefore God out of goodness and love created beings to share in life, to enjoy life.
  • I understand, Thank you!
  • If I may let me ask you a question, when something good happens to you, don't you just want to scream it out and share it and make others happy with it? Don't you want to tell your parents, friends (loved ones) about your good experience?

Or another question: why do you think people have children?
    I mean if you look at it objectivly, besides it being a great responsibility and financial burden, it's difficult and tiring raising children, especially in their young years, think of the pain women go through while pregnant and while delivering the child... Yet still people want to have children, and they don't always stop at one, they have 2, 3 etc...

God knew when He created us that we would choose sin over Him, He knew we would reject Him, hurt Him, blame Him for everything, even hate Him (things we tend to do with our parents at times, especially the teens amongst us)...
    God knew that, yet still He made us, because He also knew that there would be people who would fight temptation and resist sin, He knew there would be people who opened up their life for Him and allowed Him to bless them and give them joy and share His glory with them... He knew there would be brave men and women who would endure torture and humiliation for His sake, who would eventually give up their lives out of love for Him.. He knew He would make so many poeple happy and so many would enjoy His presence...

I think that's why God created us, because as when a parent has a child, they want them to grow up to be decent people who would be good parents themselves, and who would someday come to love and appreciate their own parents and get close to them...
    So God created us so that we could enjoy life with Him, so He could share His love and glory with us, His children, and He would do anything for His children, even lay down His life for them, and yes He did, on that friday afternoon on the cross...

God bless you
    Please pray for me
  • ok I understand basically everything you said Godislove260 but from what you said that I don't understand is...you said that God KNEW before he made us that there [quote author=Godislove260 link=topic=7444.msg98381#msg98381 date=1229380123]
    God knew when He created us that we would choose sin over Him, He knew we would reject Him, hurt Him, blame Him for everything, even hate Him (things we tend to do with our parents at times, especially the teens amongst us)...

then why didn't he create us perfect...why did he give Adam and Eve the Free will to eat from the tree of knowledge...and why did he create the tree of knowledge if he knew that they would eat from it

Pray for me and my lack of Faith
    Copticdeacon
  • Well God is omnicient, so the the fact that He knew beforehand is unquestionable, but the reason for free will is if there wasn't temptation then no one could be saved (quote by church father) meaning, if we were robots, only able to do good, not choosing to do it, then what did we do? nothing
    you cannot be forced to love God, you choose to love Him and to obey Him
    so true love cannot exist without free will

if there was no tree of knowledge of good and evil, there wouldn't have been a choice for adam and eve, there wouldn't have been a temptation, you see, they would have not sinned, simply because there wouldn't have been a way for them to sin
    but when we are faced by sin today, we choose to sin or not to sin, we think, we are free, and thus when we, by our free god-given will choose not to sin, it's a sign of our love for God

Also even though God knew many would perish and die and reject Him, He also knew many would love Him and enjoy His love for them...

God bless you
    Please pray for me
  • oohh i see im starting to understand THANK YOU SO MUCH ........anymore replies?
  • Everything Godislove260 said was perfect! Thank you for that!!
  • [quote author=Copticdeacon link=topic=7444.msg98383#msg98383 date=1229380516]
    ok I understand basically everything you said Godislove260 but from what you said that I don't understand is...you said that God KNEW before he made us that there [quote author=Godislove260 link=topic=7444.msg98381#msg98381 date=1229380123]

then why didn't he create us perfect...why did he give Adam and Eve the Free will to eat from the tree of knowledge...and why did he create the tree of knowledge if he knew that they would eat from it

Pray for me and my lack of Faith
    Copticdeacon

I think Godislove260 already answered this properly, but just for the sake of finishing up my previous post :P -
    In love there is no force, therefore God would do ANYTHING except force you to choose Him, there would be no volentary mutual love here. If we would bring this down to our human level: would you every want to marry someone that you forced to love u back??