please help

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
i cant stand this my mom is currently reading the koran like most of you know i am  a believer in the church and attend regualry and confess i was a born muslim but i thank god i changed that.what can i do please help

Comments

• we're the ones that should ask you what to do?! you have been through it... not us!
  • It seems to me the best thing to do now is to thank God that you are reading the Bible instead of the Koran now. And to pray for all those around you to find the truth, just as you did, with the blessing of the Almighty Lord.

God bless you
    Please pray for me

• [quote author=Godislove260 link=topic=7425.msg98092#msg98092 date=1228858278]
    It seems to me the best thing to do now is to thank God that you are reading the Bible instead of the Koran now. And to pray for all those around you to find the truth, just as you did, with the blessing of the Almighty Lord.

God bless you
    Please pray for me

So true, on so many levels...
    Always remeber the stoy of Mount Mokkattam esp. since we are fasting this fast. Prayer moves mountains!!!!!!!!!!
  • funny story, i was told that the reason we fast 43 days is 40 for the birth of Christ and 3 just for this, originally these 2 fasts were seperated but were add together later on in the church to make 43
  • [quote author=Hisservant link=topic=7425.msg98097#msg98097 date=1228863388]
    funny story, i was told that the reason we fast 43 days is 40 for the birth of Christ and 3 just for this, originally these 2 fasts were seperated but were add together later on in the church to make 43

I wuz taught that the forty days were for the time period in which Moses waited to receive the 10 commandments...
  • yeah i heard the same thing, 40 days for Moses and 3 for Mount Mokkatum... SuperManBam is right, you know more about this than I'm sure any of us..
  • I agree with Godislove, pray for your mom and others and keep doing what you're doing now. Also pray that God strengthen you to continue in His way. Also by our actions we can touch the people around them and God can change their hearts. I sincerely wish you all the best. God bless you.
  • Hi bigeee, yes we'll all pray 4 u too.
    this is a website that may have some useful material if you get into any discussion with your mom:
    http://www.elmaseeh.net/index.htm
    they are planning to put on a page in arabic as well but it's not done yet.
    i read the koran a few years ago (i was already a Christian) and i can see what is missing. it does talk about 'isa (yesou'e) quite a lot though, so maybe you could encourage you mom to study the different ideas about 'isa in the koran and the Bible, then that way she would read both books and compare them.
    during all this remember to respect your mom and take time to talk about things you both like, eg food, movies etc so that the lines of communication stay open.
    may God give you courage and wisdom and bless you greatly.
  • Be careful when you get into discussion with her. Religion is a very sensitive thing to everyone, and you don't want to make it seem like you are trying to get her to question her or attack her, and many people are very quick to get defensive.

In my opinion you should keep reading your Bible and pray for her as well. I would try to have a friendly discussion, for example talking about the differences/similarities in an objective way.
  • yes, a;ways pray for them. If your up to it try to be living testomony to her and tell he of the graet love of Jesus and what it means to be a Christian, never give up on your mission to convince her of the trueth, may God bless you exeedingly and talk to the heart of you mother. Pray for me