i was asked a question by a muslim friend

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
it is a very good question.. someone who is born a non christian but is in the process of being christia but is fighting with his best friend but when he is baptised can he go up to the girl and ask for forgivness i mean it takes someone with so much love to acomplish the goal of baptisem i am alittle confused by his question i mean can someone help me with that basicaly im fighting with a friend for more then 6 months for example and i get baptised can i go up to my friend and ask for forgivness when i am baptised does it make a difference?

Comments

• Could you please clarify the question? I'm a little confused.
  • Matthew 18:21-22 (New King James Version)

The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant

21 Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”
    22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
    ---------------------

are you trying to say, if it matters if you ask for forgiveness after baptism, because when you are baptised your sins are all forgiven?

• imm that is a good question. i am not really sure to be honest.

I guess you're trying to say because now youa re a better person right? Yea, i think so because of the HOlY SPIRIT in you

+mahraeel+
  • I think the apology should still be said, as it still affects the girl.
  • does anyone have anymore advice or answers please i really need help with this topic

god bless all of you
  • You question is not clear.  Is it you or your muslim friend who needs advice, you lost me and what exactly is the question?
  • [quote author=ChristopherBoctor link=topic=7416.msg98046#msg98046 date=1228726776]
    I think the apology should still be said, as it still affects the girl.

I agree. Leaving the girl affected may lead to another problem. Or at least get things right.
  • baptism is when you ask for forgiveness of the sins committed before the baptism, confession is for the sins committed after.
    in baptism our old nature dies with our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ, and we are raised up a new person, forgiven and alive with Jesus Christ. it gives new emphasis to any confessions we make before baptism and is a declaration to everybody that we belong to God and our sins have been paid for.
    until we die and go to live forever with God in the kingdom of heaven, we are still weak and so we will still sin. so we should apologise to anyone we hurt as soon as we realise it and also forgive those who hurt us, in the same way that Jesus forgave us.
    Jesus received all who came to him, so we should be kind any generous to people, even when they hurt us.
    after baptism, we receive the oil of chrismation (zeit mayron) and this is when abouna prays for us to receive the Holy Spirit of God. as Christians, the Spirit of God lives in us and reminds of all of Jesus' teachings (John/youhanna 14:16-31) and gives us the power to live a holy life (Luke 24:14).
    so after this we should always be the first to forgive others and happy to please God by our good life. if we feel far from God, it's often because of some sin we don't want to confess or because we don't want to believe that God's mercy is so great He can even forgive us.
    this is just a small answer, i hope some other people can write something more complete.
    may God bless you all and may he guide your friends to the right path.
  • You should always make your greatest effort to make peace with those you are in with conflict. The babtism erraces sins but does not change the faCT that his friend is upset with him . Ge should also take the oppertunaty to witness to him about his Knew faith inGod so his friend may also believe