when i was reading the agpaya last night

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
i felt peace and this warm peacefull feeling can anyone explain why this happened i really dont read the bible or agpaya much

Comments

• thats soo great u felt this way!!! this is how we should always feel when we read the agpaya, but sometimes our minds steer away and only our lips move. last night u really felt the word of God! this peace you received was God saying "I am with you"... stay near him too by constantly reading the agpaya (and the Bible for that matter), not only because of the peaceful feelings it provides but also the protection. Did you ever hear Pope Shenouda say "keep the psalms and the psalms will keep you"? Psalms are humans protection against evil.... so whenever you get scared, lost, worried.. just recite a psalm and see what happens! The psalms are so beautiful and rich in their meaning that you will get too caught up in what you are saying that you will forget the dilemma your facing!
  • I think you felt this way because you weren't reading the agpeya, its because you were actually using it as a prayer. You felt what most dream of feeling. So now that you know how it feels, just keep doing it the same way you did when you felt that way. The agpeya is used as a guide for prayer, its not supposed to be read like a book but used as meditation. If you really read the psalms, they can explain how we are feeling, how God is always ready to answer our prayers when we pray with perseverance and fervor. They are cry's of mercy, joy, sadness and repentance. I believe you made a connection with what you were reading and really felt God's presense.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • yeah, this is the presence of God. this is what Jesus mean in john 14 and 15 (see agpeya 3rd hour)
    talk to God more, trust in the saving death and resurrection of Jesus, confess your sins and pray and study the Bible and serve God by being kind and generous and putting up with difficult people, then you will be more aware of God with you.
    He is with us all the time, just sometimes selfishness, materialism and worry make it harder for us to notice.
    pls pray for me too, i keep worrying and forgetting He's with me
    :)
  • Life is full of troubles, sadness, etc.... to me, when I read the agpeya, I realize God is always with me, and he's all we need.  :)
  • [quote author=He Wept link=topic=7399.msg97895#msg97895 date=1228278223]
    Life is full of troubles, sadness, etc.... to me, when I read the agpeya, I realize God is always with me, and he's all we need.  :)

I couldn't agree more.

God bless,
    Paulos
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

[quote author=bigeee link=topic=7399.msg97876#msg97876 date=1228234372]
    i felt peace and this warm peacefull feeling can anyone explain why this happened i really dont read the bible or agpaya much

While I'm glad you felt this, just a word of advice, don't expect this everytime you pray.  There will be times when you do get this 'warm and fuzzy' feeling after you pray.  However, if you don't, don't feel as if your prayer wasn't 'heard' by God.  Sometimes you will feel God's grace poured on you, but other times, it will feel as if Heaven itself has been shut in your face.  It is these times, more then the 'warm and fuzzy' times when you will feel God.  It seems counter intuitive, but it is true.  Don't think that God has left or is not listening, because that is what the devil wants you to think.  God is always present, even if you don't 'feel' Him.  Always remember that, and always pray.

• Bigee, congrats. You know all those problems you were talking about, well I've felt that feeling before as well and every time, its always meant "Don't worry, I'm still with you." I think its about more than you just reading the Agbeya.

Its incredible how many other people have experienced this and describe it the same way, even Protestants. One said it was a like 'a light had been turned on inside his chest'. There's always a description of warmth and joy.

Just as food for thought, whenever I experience this, I always feel like its the 'fingertip of God'. Like God is giving us the tiniest, briefest vision of His own persona and even that makes us feel like we're about to explode with joy.

God bless you all,

Pray for me
  • [quote author=bigeee link=topic=7399.msg97876#msg97876 date=1228234372]

I am so glad you felt that, I feel like that too especially when I read el agbeya, psalms, or hail mary.