what is best to do?(changed title)

edited November 2008 in Random Issues
aghaby, everyone

if i get a text in church can i respond?  i mean its the same thing as getting a phone call except u r not stepping outside right?

and is it wrong/or a sin  if your just quickly responding? i mean im not sitting there texting the whole mass or tasbeha for instance....
tahnks in advance
+mahraeel+

Comments

• Imagine yourself standing before the King of Kings, God Almighty who gave up His life for your sake. In my opinion, one should completely turn his cellphone off in church and pay attention to mass only. You're standing before the Body and Blood of the Lord...

God Bless
    Please pray for my weakness
  • It is completely inappropriate to text in Church, responding quickly doesn't make it ok.  What is so urgent that you have to answer right away.  It is extremely disrespectful to God and takes away from being focused on prayer.  Time in Church is time with God away from other distractions. 
  • [quote author=grace08 link=topic=7317.msg96962#msg96962 date=1226366859]
    It is completely inappropriate to text in Church, responding quickly doesn't make it ok.  What is so urgent that you have to answer right away.   It is extremely disrespectful to God and takes away from being focused on prayer.   Time in Church is time with God away from other distractions.   

Perfect response.
  • i understand but sometimes it could be important  and i understand you might say nothing is as important.  But please bear with me.  shoild i step outside.? and i dont close my phone in church because my parents call..i call.. etc...

+mahraeel+
  • The fact of the matter is, nothing should be more important than God, EVEN if an emergency occurs, who would you think God would rather you choose, Him, or a family member who can most likely last another few hours or so without your help.
  • You do realize some parents flip out when their kids dont answer the phone right?

Reardless, so is it a sin?

+mahraeel+
  • Yes I realize this, BUT what is more important to you, God? Or the Emergency that may occur? The choice is yours
  • You are right.  But if for instance someone died in my family, im sure God will understand and forgive me if i picked up the phone. am i right?

Btw.this was not just intedned for the mass.  i meant anytime in church..asheya, tasbeha, mass, alhan or even sunday school

etccc

thanksss

+mahraeel+
  • Its a distraction because if you text back then you will wait for the response. It will be harder to concentrate on prayer
  • If it very urgent, then at least leave the church to respond; for the Lord's house is sacred, and ought to be dedicated to prayer "For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations" (Isaiah 56:7)

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=7317.msg97025#msg97025 date=1226430312]
    Yes I realize this, BUT what is more important to you, God? Or the Emergency that may occur? The choice is yours

Hold on, do you think that God would be happy that you are praising Him while you know your brother is in trouble? I don't think so, I think that if anything you should go help your brother, and not only that but God will be with you, because He didn't make one of us, He made all of us to be with each other and to support each other in times of hardships and tribulations, how can we ask God for help when we don't help our brothers, yes we are praising God but at the same time should I let my brother get hurt? God gave us a mind to think, and He is a compassionate and merciful God, He will understand helping someone in an Emergency.
  • [quote author=Hisservant link=topic=7317.msg97051#msg97051 date=1226441814]
    [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=7317.msg97025#msg97025 date=1226430312]
    Yes I realize this, BUT what is more important to you, God? Or the Emergency that may occur? The choice is yours

Hold on, do you think that God would be happy that you are praising Him while you know your brother is in trouble? I don't think so, I think that if anything you should go help your brother, and not only that but God will be with you, because He didn't make one of us, He made all of us to be with each other and to support each other in times of hardships and tribulations, how can we ask God for help when we don't help our brothers, yes we are praising God but at the same time should I let my brother get hurt? God gave us a mind to think, and He is a compassionate and merciful God, He will understand helping someone in an Emergency.

greatly put!

+mahraeel+
  • [quote author=Hisservant link=topic=7317.msg97051#msg97051 date=1226441814]
    [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=7317.msg97025#msg97025 date=1226430312]

There is a difference between helping someone in need while YOU ALREADY KNOW they are in trouble and by leaving church to help them, why should your phone be on in church? I'm not talking about a youth meeting or any other service. I'm talking about the Liturgy itself, the Holiest of all Sacrements where the KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS is on the alter. We are not just simply praising Him, this is a time of worship and communion with our God and Savior. "Who ever loves his mother or father or his brother or sister more than Me is not worthy of Me" Lets not get out of hand here, we all know what is right and wrong, and if something comes up its between you and God, if its a true emergency and you leave your phone on then do what you feel is right. Its that simple

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • but all i was trying to say was Im sure God will not judge u on that..right? There are bigger things in life that are more important than picking up a fone during mass

+mahraeel+