What IS judging??

edited August 2004 in Faith Issues
Hey guys, well I was wondering about this for quite a while now. We all have an idea of what judging is but what is it EXACTLY?? I'm afraid that I don't have the right idea of what and may be judging people without even noticing. So what are your views on it?

Comments

• yea thanx ;D anymore ideas?
  • "Judge not, that you be not judged.
    For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.
    And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?
    Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye?
    Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."
    MATTHEW 7:1-5

I think judging is not concentrating on your own sins..but looking at others sins and judging them instead...judging really comes from pride....we think we are better or more righteous than others...and pride..is the mother of all sins....

St. Moses the black was asked to judge a monk that did a certain sin..so he said he will not come to judge him...then when the other monks about to judge him persistently asked him to come....he took a bag and filled it with lots of sand and carried it on his shoulder..making a hole in the bottom of the bag......so when he went to the meeting the other monks asked him about the bag...he told them that this bag full of much sand..like his many sins....so his sins are running behind him ..but yet they want him to go judge another monk
  • Oh no, you helped lots :) Thanks. I was just kind of unsure.