im having a hard time

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
i dont think i believe in god anymore. why is everything bad happening im having such problems with believing i am sad angry mad all the time i pray and pray why is this happening what should i do im so confused

Comments

•   Can I ask you a decisive question? Without those problems, is it possible, that you would not be praying as much?
  • i always pray no matter what
  • Then never give up, We do not know what God has planned for us. Keep praying, things can always be worse, thank God for everything, concerning everything, and in everything. He will save you, just be patient don't give up. We tend to feel despaired when it feels like God has left us, he never left us, and never will, we just need to wait and see what He has in store for us. I know this isn't much help, but just keep praying He will relieve what you are going through.

"If God is slow to grant your request and you do not receive what you ask for promptly, do not be grieved, for you are not wiser than God." St. Isaac the Syrian
  • im in so much pain where is god right now letting me suffer u have no idea how hurt i am no1 does
  • God allows tribulations and trials to affect us for many reasons we cannot understand at the time. God is wise and fair - nothing we pass through is more than what we can bear. With God's help, we can overcome these troubles, as nothing is impossible for God. Remember you are crowned when you are victorious, and you can't be victorious unless you fight. Pray. It's hard, and no one except you will truly appreciate the extent of this, but prayer to God, that intimate ladder between heaven and earth is the key.

Remain strong.

pray for me

joe
  • there's a verse in chron. 1 i forget where but it's like....god never gives you something you can't handle
    so, God believes in you...just like he believed in Job when he allowed the devil to throw all those horrible things at him...things that most of us could never bear.
    and idk about you, but it is true, with most people, they are closest to God when they need him the most, and when their lives are going great...they forget about him and that he got them there.

Anyways, don't give up because...essentially, that would be your biggest failure and the dvil's biggest success. And keep thanking God for what you have, because im sure you're still better off than many.
  •       But bigee, I didn't ask you if the troubles you are facing promote prayer in general, but rather a greater preponderance of prayer than usual. You see, it may be quite possible that through the grief and strife you are currently grappling against, God is strengthening your soul and your sensitivities. When God will skill a man, drill a man and mold a man He will often desensitize the individual in one sense and sensitize the individual in another. Obviously, without saying, your penetrating strife has not taken the dominant node of your perception. So, I do not expect you to concede to such an argument with wholehearted acceptance. However, if God is molding you to become more sensitized to His method and His ways and desensitized to this world's offerings and dismays, then there is a much more prosperous future ahead awaiting your current state. IN fact, this would show precisely how much God really doe care for you personally and is dedicated to salvaging you closer to Him. C.S. Lewis has argued that it seems so often true that in our pleasures God whispers to us, but in our pain we hear God screaming. I provide this merely as a thought, a contemplative proposition to reflect on....whether at present or at future.
  • there r pepople worse than you.  Just pray it will all be better

+mahraeel+
  • God knows how much you can take and He would never allow you to be tempted more than you can bear... He loves you very much and would not allow you to go through a hard time unless it's eventually in your advantage. For all things work together for good to those who love God. Just trust in Him, for He will lead you by the still waters and He will restore your soul. He knows how you feel right now, ask Him for healing and He shall surely give it to you in abundance...("If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?")

God Bless you
    Please pray for my weakness
  •           +++

Dear bigeee,

First of all I am sorry that u r in such condition. May God prepare ur heart to accept what has happened and give u hope, humility, endurance, fortitude to shield u against the trouble u r in.
    You did not actually tell us a hint to what ur problem is. Even if u tell us only u and God know the feeling u r going through. All the posts are really helpful and I am adding to that.
    I want to start from ur nick first. What does bigeee mean to u? do u have an ambition to be big? I mean sometimes ur inner desire can overshadow ur whole life with darkness.
    Do u write the name of God in small letters always? These all have their implications. It might be insignificant to us but not to Him.
    It looks like u r in a hurry while posting ur Q. R u always like this? R u mad at ppl besides ur problems? 
    R u proud of who u r? what u have? r u humble enough to receive God's help?
    How is ur spiritual life? do u repent with love towards God not hiding even smaller sins?
    Do u love others? do u look out of ur life? do u visit the sick? like patients of AIDS and cancer who count their months and days? do u visit prisoners? prisoners guilty and prisoners of God in any way?
    what is the worst that can come out of ur problem? do u have inner fears, frustrations or insecurities? do u worry about what ppl think or talk about u? 
    How is ur spiritual fasting? how long and how meaningful is it? do u fast enough to destroy the snares of the devil with prayer?
    Do u blame God, ur family, friends, country etc for all the problem u face or u humbly see towards ur sins? What does believing in God has got to do with ur problems?
    How often do u read the Bible and the miracles, stories of holy saints, specially martyrs?
    Do u ask prayers from ur father of confession or pray special prayers?
    At last, have you earnestly look all the suffering The Son of God has gone through for you and we Christians? then only u would count it nothing what u r complaining about.
    This world has received our God like this. We, His unworthy servants how much more...if not for the Love, Mercy and Care of The Holy Trinity with the fervent intercession of the mother of God, holy angels and saints. 

Isaiah 53

1Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

2For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

• i agree with what everyone has said...i remember in a movie about abouna mikhail el behari when he was w/ a priest he asked why does God allow bad things happen to good people or saints the priest told him God allows bad things to happen to test their faith and love for him...Job in the old testament...God allowed the devil to take everything his children, house, everything why to test if job's love was true and to test to see if his faith was true.
    pray for me
    copticdeacon
  • [quote author=bigeee link=topic=7314.msg96911#msg96911 date=1226327870]
    i dont think i believe in god anymore. why is everything bad happening im having such problems with believing i am sad angry mad all the time i pray and pray why is this happening what should i do im so confused

just because something seems hard doesn't mean u stop trying! it means u should just try harder!!

I am srry to hear this. But wut do u expect? srry if i sound rude but of coarse this is hard. its all new to u! u can't just start complaining. u have to keep trying. it may seem hard, but as someone said in this post God never gives u something that u can't do. So believe that He is with you throughout the way and He will never leave u. Know that u can always communicate with Him. Do wutever u can do keep the devil away from u. U can do it. All things are possible through Christ who strengthens me. GBU!!!

I apologize once again if i hurt u in any way.
  • Trust in God. He has a perfect plan for your life.  All the things that you are going through He has allowed, to make you the person that He wants you to be.  Be patient and obedient, God has not forgotten you.

• [quote author=bigeee link=topic=7314.msg96918#msg96918 date=1226335331]
    im in so much pain where is god right now letting me suffer u have no idea how hurt i am no1 does

you think no one knows? how bout God? does he know?

Do you remember job.. I am almost sure your condition isnt nearly as bad as his... he lost his family, house, money, property, and health... but guess what, he is now living painfree in heaven and he got his reward... how can we earn a cross if we never suffer? the bigger the cross the bigger your crown... and do you remember god bragging about job to the devil.. dont you wish God did that about you!! all you have to do is stay in there.. and dont lose your faith!!!
    jobs wife called him a FOOL because he still thanked God for everything that happened... he NEVER gave in to what she or his friends said... so on top of all his tribulations, ALL his friends were against what he was doing!! they encouraged him to lose his faith b/c it was doing him no good.
    he ended up regaining everything he had lost and even more!!
    see what happens when you trust in God.
    I am positive God has a GREAT plan for you.. you dont see it now.. but you will!!!
    just please dont lose your faith in God just because life threw you a few problems.. its ok.. just hang in there, do your best and God will do the rest!

Rabina Ma'ak
    and I will keep you in my prayers!!