Jonah?

I have a friend who is seriously doubting the faith right now. One of the questions he asks me is how is it that Jonah can live in the belly of a fish for three days? I don't know how to answer him besides that this is God and he is all powerful. Can anyone else give me a better response? Thanks, and keep him in your prayers.

Comments

• Here is an article found on the Southern Diocese site, I hope it helps.

http://suscopts.org/resources/literature/310/a-fish-swallowing-a-man-whole/

Please pray for me
  • he is in my prayer.  My friends brother is liek that too.. pray for him as well.. Thanks

+mahraeel+
  • Also, add a more recent account that was witnessed, photographed and amazingly even widely printed and distributed in an old black and white issue of (guess what) National Geographic Society magazine I honestly did personally read some years ago. It was in the hands of one of my relatives (unfortunately I can't get this now but who can research in NG 1940-1950's old issues archives will find it).

If I remember well I think the story title was something like "Modern day Jonah" about a sailor who was swallowed whole by a whale in the ocean, then many days later found in bad shape but still alive in its belly. Later, this sailor lived and was very well. Can't remember was it related to whale fishing boats or military boats stories (not very sure which).

GBU