This Saturday At the Maqar

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hey everyone! I had a question for those of you who have heard anything about Saturday.

My Abouna announced the HH was visiting at 1pm, but I wanted to know if there was going to be a liturgy or anything in the morning with any of the priests of bishops that are going to be there that afternoon. I know that their Festival is going on, but are there any services being held early that day? Thanks in advance and I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Oh and I'll see a lot of you there probably! God bless and thank you all.

Comments

• o.OO im going tom too.. =))

+mahraeel+
  • I'm going too!!
  • Yes, there is a ma'rad (festival) at the Makkar on Saturday from 10 AM to Sundown and Sunday from 11 AM to Sundown. There is a liturgy Saturday morning from 7:30 to about 10:30, but as far as I know, only Abouna Moises is praying it. Saturday night there might be tasbeha with Anba Youannes, but that's to be announced. Probably, Anba Youannes will have an early Liturgy on SUnday morning, but that too is to be announced. And yes, the Pope will arrive (they said) at 1 PM.
  • haha lol he arrived liek 3:00....it wass greattt but extrememly crowded=/

+mahraeel+
  • it was great!!! but sooooooooooooooooo crowed!! especially if u wanted to kiss the pope's hand!!!
  • lol yesterdayy was the day i relli realized i was claustrophobic. i was throwing up =/ lol but it was good..i loved seeing the pope=)

+mahraeel+
  • it was my first time to see him!!! i was soooooooooooooooooo HAPPY!!!!
  • SO UNFAIR.... Sayedna promised He would visit Winnipeg in August, but because of His Injury, H.H. couldn't come for obvious reasons... now we are at the end of october and H.H. is going to Egypt tomorrow....
  • wow! you guys got to see him? where do you live? did you goo all the way to egypt to see him or was there another festival in the states?

I watched the festival on AGHAPY TV and they had the most beautiful songs that they sang for HH. If anyone can get a hold of these songs or even know where to get them, please tell me!

Thanks! God Bless.
  • The makar is in NJ at the archdiocese
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=7202.msg95949#msg95949 date=1224513887]
    The makar is in NJ at the archdiocese

yupp thats the answerrr=)

+mahraeel+

btw.. wat is the maker website anybody???
  • thank you=)) much appreciated

+mahraeel+