Do you think this is a good idea?

edited October 2008 in Personal Issues
Hi, i live in us and i thought of this idea of something i want to do during the christmas season. in the old days in america they're used to be lots of caroling during the christmas season from house to house, or even on busy city streets. i live near nyc and i'm thinking about going to a busy nyc street during the christmas season and doing public bible reading. i will read some prophecies and some gospel verses on one of the corners or nyc and perhaps keep a large bucket by me for donations for the poor/the church. if i can get a decent amount of people, i may do caroling intertwined with the reading

i've never seen any coptic person do this, so i'm not sure about it. it seems a bit unorthodox, but i don't think there's anything wrong with it. what do you think? i have a good speaking voice.

also, let me know if i need to get some kind of liscense for this

and let me know if you live near nyc and are interested in joining me

Comments

• one more thing, pra-a-ay for me. and i don't mean quick "arrow prayers", i mean hard core matanias and long tasbeha hymns. got it?
  • [quote author=dumdum link=topic=7219.msg95780#msg95780 date=1224285687]
    one more thing, pra-a-ay for me. and i don't mean quick "arrow prayers", i mean hard core matanias and long tasbeha hymns. got it?

Haha...let me ask you a question. Do you do 'hard core matanias and long tasbeha hymns' for yourself? Just making sure...wouldn't want anyone to sweat all of that out in vain!