What if?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
What if someone dreams something and then the next day it happens.? What do you think about this statement.?

Comments

• well it determines wut kind of dream came true!!!! if it was a bad one then i don't think that is good!!! but if it was a good one then i think that would be cool if it came true!
  • [quote author=Loca4Christ link=topic=7191.msg95312#msg95312 date=1223582678]
    What if someone dreams something and then the next day it happens.? What do you think about this statement.?

I'd tell that person to try very hard to dream about winning the lottery.
  • this happens to me a lot! just a few days ago, my friend dreamt that i broke my laptop then i wore all black the next day to school...and it really happened! i actually wore all black to school that day! i didnt know about her dream or anything...
    personally though, i think it was just a concidence..BUT if u look at it in a godly perspective then everything happens for a reason. there is no luck in this world... everything is planned!
  • Actually I dreamt that and I dont dream very much. I dreamt about something then the next day it happened but not exactly. It was super weird

[quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7191.msg95315#msg95315 date=1223584850]

I'd tell that person to try very hard to dream about winning the lottery.

I just sleep and whatever i dream i dream.
  • I would say that some people are graced with the gift of foresight (for example, Pope Kyrollos). The idea of being able to see future events isn't exactly foreign to us...there's many examples in the Bible of God revealing pieces of future events to certain people. It's beyond us to understand how/when/why God chooses to give this gift to some people in certain situations and not to others, but there's a bigger plan out there than we know!

And of course, there are many Biblical examples of God revealing Himself in dreams. I like the idea of dreaming about winning the lottery though :P

Matthew
  • it might be coincedential or a msge from God

+mahraeel+
  • I think its super weird....
  • well i guess in some situations, (mostly spiritual) the dreams become reality...and as londoncopt has mentioned there are alot of biblical examples on that.. for example. saint Joseph.. he dreamt of two and they came true and interpreted another two for the prisoners with him and they also came true..
    me personally, i always hope to think that its not true in my life.. simply coz all my deams seem ok but then sudanese people have these weird ways of interpreting them and they are always bad.. it happened more than once where different people interpreted the same dream by saying that i will die at a young age...most of my dreams are interpreted in a completely negative way... so yeh eventually i gave up and just left it all upto God....
  • Don't believe in your dreams, i mean the dreams that you imagine during your sleep, not your goals in life lol.
    I think Satan gives people dreams (can't he?) that are false and can make you stray from God.
  • I didnt believe in it. I was just like whatever just as as i do with my other dreams. Then the next day it happened i thought it was pretty cool. I know what you mean I dont want all my dreams to happen. Mostly when I wake up I forget what I dreamt about.
  • If you're ever concerned about these dreams, then the first thing to do is to pray for guidance. You never know what wonderous works God might choose to perform through you...it's just a question of whether you are willing to let Him :)

Matthew
  • Careful with dreams, once I had a certain problem and I kept thinking about it for a couple of days until finally I dreamt 'an answer' to the problem. But after asking a priest he said to disregard it completely... My point is, it's very rare that God chooses to speak with people through dreams, but the devil might fool someone and take advantage of their pride and ego to have them believe they receive messages from God...

But the problem with 'everything happens for a reason' is that it will eventually drive you mad, since you're going to try to see something behind everything and give meaning to it, when there is none... I guess sometimes we have to accept that things happen and they don't impact our lives in any way, they just happen... (as naief as that sounds..)

Please pray for me
  • This is common. I've been having lots of nightmares lately and many of them have been coming true. Unfortunately, many of these nightmares are disturbing to my sleep cycle since i'll wake up in the middle of the night from the nightmare due to how disturbing it was. However, I think this is only for people with the Holy Spirit present in them. St. Paul in First Corinthians talks about the Spirit to discern and other powers the Holy Spirit gives us. Clearly, this gift is given to us from God. Yes it's a gift. St. Rebecca was having nightmares before her martyrdom that made her quite anxious and worried. Although it was a nightmare, it told the future and since Satan doesn't know the future, not all nightmares are from him.

PK
  • I would just like to mention that this is called deja vu.
  • I dont dream very much. Either way I just disregard the dream when I wake up.

Thanks for your replies.
  • My point is, it's very rare that God chooses to speak with people through dreams, but the devil might fool someone and take advantage of their pride and ego to have them believe they receive messages from God...

Very good point. In fact, this is going to be my "thought of the day" for tomorrow; pride and ego :)

But the problem with 'everything happens for a reason' is that it will eventually drive you mad, since you're going to try to see something behind everything and give meaning to it, when there is none... I guess sometimes we have to accept that things happen and they don't impact our lives in any way, they just happen... (as naief as that sounds..)

Forgive me godislove, but I have to disagree with this. Do feel free to correct me if I've misunderstood anything though. I think that everything DOES happen for a reason, but we as humans may not always be able to comprehend or understand that reason which (as you quite rightly said) will drive us mad if we keep trying to look for it. God alone knows the reason behind everything, but just because we are unable to see or understand the reason doesn't mean that there isn't a reason. We just have to have faith that God does for us the right thing at the right time.

Matthew
  • LondonCopt, you're completely right, if He says all the hairs on your head are counted, it must mean that he controls all the little details in our life, but what I meant was the fact that not everything that happens (even if it is for a reason) should be taken into account by us, because it doesn't necessarily happen for our sake. Like imagine you're going to church by car but you get caught in traffic and eventually you miss the whole liturgy, you might start thinking: God doesn't want me to go to church, he's punishing me... but maybe there was traffic because the person in the car beside would miss his plane which would later crash. So it did happen for a reason, but not really a reason impacting you in a direct way. (ok I just made it more confusing probably :-\, so just ignore this  ;) )
  • [quote author=godislove260 link=topic=7191.msg95576#msg95576 date=1223982256]
    LondonCopt, you're completely right, if He says all the hairs on your head are counted, it must mean that he controls all the little details in our life, but what I meant was the fact that not everything that happens (even if it is for a reason) should be taken into account by us, because it doesn't necessarily happen for our sake. Like imagine you're going to church by car but you get caught in traffic and eventually you miss the whole liturgy, you might start thinking: God doesn't want me to go to church, he's punishing me... but maybe there was traffic because the person in the car beside would miss his plane which would later crash. So it did happen for a reason, but not really a reason impacting you in a direct way. (ok I just made it more confusing probably :-\, so just ignore this  ;) )

No you're completely right, I just didn't fully understand it the first time round :P I think this demonstrates the danger of selfishness in our lives. Like we're always looking for the reason in respect of our own lives and we forget about those around us...exactly as you said in that car crash example. We tend to put "me me me" first and forget that God not only does what's best for us, but also what's best for those around us.

Wow thanks for clearing that one up, I've actually learnt something :D

Matthew
  • i havent had a dream in a long time, but i remember i had a dream when i was a Kid (maybe 10 yrs old). And St. Abanoub told me 'Dont be like the Devil' . Scared me quite abit lol.
    oh yeh, and thats  not deja vu, dejavu is when something familiar happens and it feels like the exact same thing has happened to you before.

God Bless You All
    Christopher.
  • [quote author=godislove260 link=topic=7191.msg95576#msg95576 date=1223982256]
    LondonCopt, you're completely right, if He says all the hairs on your head are counted, it must mean that he controls all the little details in our life, but what I meant was the fact that not everything that happens (even if it is for a reason) should be taken into account by us, because it doesn't necessarily happen for our sake. Like imagine you're going to church by car but you get caught in traffic and eventually you miss the whole liturgy, you might start thinking: God doesn't want me to go to church, he's punishing me... but maybe there was traffic because the person in the car beside would miss his plane which would later crash. So it did happen for a reason, but not really a reason impacting you in a direct way. (ok I just made it more confusing probably :-\, so just ignore this  ;) )

Thats a really good point.