Coptic kills Muslim Sister and Husband and Daughter

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
I just came across this article here - http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=28206

Egypt Christian shoots his Muslim sister

Egyptian Coptic Christian kills Muslim husband of his sister after she converted to Islam.

CAIRO - An Egyptian Coptic Christian shot at his sister and her family, killing her husband, after she converted to Islam and married a Muslim, a security official said on Tuesday.

Rami Atef Khella, 28, broke into the Cairo apartment of his sister, Miriam Atef Khella, and sprayed her family of three with gunfire, killing Ahmed Saleh and injuring Miriam and her daughter, the official said.

The official said Khella had been searching for his sister for about two years, after she left her home province with her Muslim husband and came to Cairo.

Police are searching for Khella and an uncle who accompanied him to his sister's home and fled the scene after the attack, the official said.

Egypt's Copts -- the largest Christian community in the Middle East -- account for an estimated six percent of the country's 80 million inhabitants.

Last week, a Copt was shot dead when Muslims and Copts fought in a town in southern Egypt after a Muslim was accused of flirting with a Coptic girl.

----------------------------------------------------------

Very disappointing story.. Shows how some Coptic Christians are as bad as the fundamentalist Muslims.

Comments

• ur definitely right!! we, as copts, tend to think that ALL muslims are bad and terrorists, while ALL christians are angels and never commit one crime.. and vise versa, the muslims think the same about themselves...
    but thats certainly not true.i guess the probability of finding a crime doer within muslims is higher than finding him within christians but that does NOT make all of the christians good!!
    i agree : very disappointing how some organs of Christ are not doing their job properly.. afterall it affects the full picture of His body (the church!)
  • Trinty, I completely agree with you :D

Personally, I love our Coptic Church, and our saints so much. But sadly, a lot of Coptics have that mentality you've just pointed out. There are both good and bad Muslims and Coptics, but at the end of the day I think we should all be praying for each other and looking upon each other as brothers and sister (particularly as we're Egyptian). As for Muslims committing more, well yes, again I agree, that's probably right. But it doesnt mean we can label them all like that, or claim that we're totally innocent of such crimes.. There was also that incident a few months back in America where a Coptic Church member shot and killed a Church leader. As you say, event like that harm the image of our Church. It's tragic that people damage the reputation of our beautiful Church like that.
  • [coptic]Namenra] tyrou>
    `Mpertenhoutc `nje paiouw> ]meu`i je `mpetenswpi qen <ymi eneh loipon `mpareten`emi nihwb ete nirem`nIzlam `iri[/coptic]
    Dear all,
    Don't believe this piece of news, I think that you didn't live in Egypt at all therefore you don't know the things the Muslims do
    [coptic]`N;wou ceouws `njaioten qen nibal `nte pikocmoc tyrc[/coptic]
    They want to make us ugly in the eyes of the whole world.
    [coptic]Etaiws paiouw aimeu`i je pairwmi pe oureflibi ouoh afqwteb tefcwni nem pec`rwmi e;be oukelwiji `mmon acerapoctatyc[/coptic]
    When I read the piece of news I thought that that man is crazy and he killed his sister and her man for another reason not her being an apostate
    [coptic]Ke afsanqwteb `mmwou `cnau vai pe ououw an qen ouparoimia `nte pioumys `nrem`nIzlam sauqwteb `nnirefatemi e;be `n;wou hanapostatyc ne[/coptic]
    Even if he killed them both that is not a piece of news in comparison to the many Muslims who are used to killing the innocent because they are apostates
    [coptic]oujai qen P=[=c[/coptic]
  • Ophadece, with all due respect, this is news and is as true as other things reported in the news. Indeed, this story has been covered by reputable chains like the Associated Press, Reuters etc.

Second, it's not a competition - Muslims kill more of us than we kill of them. We're all children of God and so none of us should be killing each other. We should condemn all acts of aggression, and continue to love each other. Muslim, Christian - we are the same. As I said before, yes there are some bad Muslims (as there are Coptics) but that doesnt mean we should have nothing to do with all Muslims.
  • Not all things you hear or read on the new are true, but even if this is true, and I'm not saying it isn't, consider also maybe the girl is from a se3eedy family, and they're known for their stubborness, pride, and vendetta's (el tar). Of course they're not all like that, I love my fellow Egyptians, but my point is there might be more to the story: sometimes a se3eedy family will kill their daughter (or want to kill her) if she married a man they didn't agree on or married without their knowing and consent... So the crime might be more of a family drama than a religious killing...

I would also like to point out that I as an Egyptian and a Copt love Muslims and have Muslim friends, but that doesn't mean I agree with some of the teachings of their religion which in some cases tend to incite violence (eg fight the unbelievers until they submit..,)

God Bless
  • Reuters is very well known to be lazy journalism, and is actually disreputable. But I have no reason to doubt this story. Actually, I expect it to happen now and then. People get killed for much less. You should see my mental patients' religious delusions! If we assessed religion by these people, who are not very remarkable, because we all have delusions or false beliefs that we are educated by God in His wisdom eventually, we would not believe in anything!- so yeah, assess the religion by its Sacred texts and those esteemed by the religion. Islam espouses in its Sacred text and Hadiths violent, proud and greedy men, who were unrepentant. 
  • I'm not sure I can trust this article. So many middle eastern newspapers lie about Copts. Last summer, 2 months after the pope broke a bone, I read that he was in a coma and that supposedly doctors say he has a 50/50 chance of living.

Not claiming this article to be fake, but after what i've read, I suspect that they're could be a few important details that are left out.
  • [quote author=matt88 link=topic=7186.msg95218#msg95218 date=1223438948]
    I just came across this article here - http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=28206

Egypt Christian shoots his Muslim sister

Egyptian Coptic Christian kills Muslim husband of his sister after she converted to Islam.

CAIRO - An Egyptian Coptic Christian shot at his sister and her family, killing her husband, after she converted to Islam and married a Muslim, a security official said on Tuesday.

Rami Atef Khella, 28, broke into the Cairo apartment of his sister, Miriam Atef Khella, and sprayed her family of three with gunfire, killing Ahmed Saleh and injuring Miriam and her daughter, the official said.

The official said Khella had been searching for his sister for about two years, after she left her home province with her Muslim husband and came to Cairo.

Police are searching for Khella and an uncle who accompanied him to his sister's home and fled the scene after the attack, the official said.

Egypt's Copts -- the largest Christian community in the Middle East -- account for an estimated six percent of the country's 80 million inhabitants.

Last week, a Copt was shot dead when Muslims and Copts fought in a town in southern Egypt after a Muslim was accused of flirting with a Coptic girl.

----------------------------------------------------------

Very disappointing story.. Shows how some Coptic Christians are as bad as the fundamentalist Muslims.

Wait second here,

What if tomorrow you found out that the Muslim husband had forced his wife into Islam? And she was so submissive and scared that she married him? What if he seduced her to become muslim? You don't know the full story.

I'm not saying it was right to kill the muslim guy and his sister, but - people do some crazy things because of crazy situations.
  • I understand its wrong... and its 1 in 80,000,000 they said the christian population was six percent of that.... but yalla I will by no means justify the action!

but what I dont understand is why do they have a picture of an angered monk?! it's as if they are trying to portray us as bad!

but yet ceased to speak about one of our great metropolitan's sister has converted to islam... but yet he held his peace!

sometimes the media will portray a group as bad, so i agree dont take things as written... but again I'm not saying coptics are a sinless people!

akhadna el baraka.... neshkor allah!
  • You know what, I reckon (or at least I'd like to believe) its just another murder case. Maybe we just look at it differently because it happened in Eqypt where there is so much religious conflict. Because we don't know the circumstances do we? I'm just saying that there are heaps of similar cases in our own countries and they're for a hundred different reasons. Maybe the guy is insane, or maybe he and the Muslim who married his sister had a fight. Who knows?

Pray for me!

• [quote author=epchois_nai_nan link=topic=7186.msg95255#msg95255 date=1223521915]
    You know what, I reckon (or at least I'd like to believe) its just another murder case. Maybe we just look at it differently because it happened in Eqypt where there is so much religious conflict.
    the reason we (or readers of the article in general) dont look at it differently is because its not intended for it to be looked at diffrently !! i mean look at the heading of the article: ''Egypt Christian shoots his Muslim sister''.. does this imply that its JUST another one of many normal crimes!!!??? definitely not!! the writer intends to get this to be a religious conflict more than any thing else .. their number one aim: is to send to the public the picture that christians are criminals... and if its not a 'made-up' story and it actually happened then atleast their job is to point it out even more!!
    again there no reason as to why this is CERTAINLY made up.. christians can put down the Holy Spirit inside of them and commit even worse crimes.. no one can say that all chrstians are good or all muslims are bad....