How do you pick your Intersesser(s) Saint(s)?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I've Been trying to pick my intersesser(s) for years and can't find one. Any Suggestions?

Thanks,
God Bless,
Copt Andrew

Comments

• A priest told me that if I am starting to have an intercessor

Take Virgin Mary and then as you go God will guide you
  • OK.

Thanks,
    God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • try fr yustus of st anthony monastary he was a great holy man and he always dedicated his life to our Lord
    he would be called the silent monk and he would say what time is it to remind us that the time is near you must repent
  • omg i love ubouna youstus.  el saha kam?
    great  storyy

but pick one saint hoo stands out to you.  one you like
    +mahraeel+
  • Is there a saint that influenced you?? And you really like what happened in their life.
  • The saints who love and choose to guide you reveal themsleves to you.Talking from experience!
  • [quote author=ebnyasoo3 link=topic=7160.msg94777#msg94777 date=1222756100]
    A priest told me that if I am starting to have an intercessor

I'd go with this. No matter who your saint is, you MUST start with St Mary as she has found favour with God. She asked Christ for help at the wedding in Cana of Galilee and even though His hour had not yet come, He performed a miracle out of love for His mother. So I'd say anyone who can plead this way before God is someone you'd want to be on good terms with.

Once you get to know St Mary, you can try looking at the Synexarium for example the feast of a saint on the day you were born or the day you were baptised.

I personally like to call on different saints for different situations. For example, Pope Kyrollos/St Mina for exams, Archangel Michael for overcoming tribulations etc. Getting to know the saints on a personal level is also essential...knowing their life story and following their example is a good way to become closer to them.

Whatever happens, I'm sure God's guidance will lead you to someone :)

Matthew
  • [quote author=LondonCopt link=topic=7160.msg95003#msg95003 date=1222995912]
    [quote author=ebnyasoo3 link=topic=7160.msg94777#msg94777 date=1222756100]
    A priest told me that if I am starting to have an intercessor

I'd go with this. No matter who your saint is, you MUST start with St Mary as she has found favour with God. She asked Christ for help at the wedding in Cana of Galilee and even though His hour had not yet come, He performed a miracle out of love for His mother. So I'd say anyone who can plead this way before God is someone you'd want to be on good terms with.

Once you get to know St Mary, you can try looking at the Synexarium for example the feast of a saint on the day you were born or the day you were baptised.

I personally like to call on different saints for different situations. For example, Pope Kyrollos/St Mina for exams, Archangel Michael for overcoming tribulations etc. Getting to know the saints on a personal level is also essential...knowing their life story and following their example is a good way to become closer to them.

Whatever happens, I'm sure God's guidance will lead you to someone :)

Matthew

Loved it, Thank you.
    And thank everyone else for your wonderful posts as well.
    God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • I agree, but I also have a comment in that the Arrow Prayer is arguably the best kind of prayer, which goes straight to God WITHOUT intercessions. I have had UNBELIEVABLE experiences with this prayer, and it works immediately. The Arrow Prayer is, "My Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ, have mercy on me." It works every time.  ;) And I can say this from multiple experiences.
  • I am trying to be a physician, so my obvious choice is St. Luke. Perhaps look at your aspirations, and see those who lived a pious life, dedicated to the glory of the Lord- and that probably should be your intercessor.
  • yea clay is very true some saint that you can relate to or like when your reading in the synaxarium (sorry if i spelt that wrong) sometimes when people read it everyday they find theres this one saint that really moves the person and you can have a million we should read the synaxarium everyday and ask for the intersessians of all the saints like for Archdeacon Habib guirgis, baba kyrillos....Habib guirgis his story it touched me i learned about him through a movie and im not sure if the Synod has put him in the synaxar...

Pray for me
    Copticdeacon
  • is it really necessary to have an intercessor?
  • To that end, yes- in that you need Christ to mediate for you to God the Father. Further, it is a Christian duty to pray (intercede) for one another, being that we are all One Body in Christ. So it is important to have an intercessor, but it does not have to be people who have passed away, but your family and others- hence, why many people say "please pray for me"- realising the power of prayer and communion with others. Just a quick comment, choosing a saint that passed away can be quite important, since it is quite a stable communion with a righteous person. That said, there are numerous pious people you could ask their prayers from. It must also be said, that an intercessor is not your mediator- that means you must be continuely praying to Christ Jesus and depending on Him to forgive your sins before God the Father, not your intercessor. The whole thing with praying for each other is really, I think, communion. There are times when intercession saved people, such as the paralytic who was brought by four friends on his bed to Christ Jesus. But I don't believe the intercession and action of the friends would have done much if he were not repentant. As a Church, communion is quite important, and thus prayer is not a trivial and independent thing. I think we need to keep that in mind. We're in this together. "I therefore the prisoner of the Lord, bessech you to live a life worthy of the calling...bearing with one another in love, endeavouring to keep the UNITY of the spirit in the bond of peace, just as you were called in one hope of your calling. One Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Eph. 4)
    PPFM.