Monasteries Closing to visitors till the 14th of October

Hi, i don't know if you guys heard, but i beleive that some, if not all the Monasteries in Egypt are closed to visitors till the 14th of Octobre becasue of a threat from muslims that they will blow up the Monasteries.... I later got an e-mail saying that Anba Bishoy appeard in His Holy Monastery... please some one confirm this if they heard anything... and please don't take my word for it until some one else confirms it...i don't want to be spreading around false facts...but these are what i heard...

I know that the part about the Moansteries closing to visitors is true becasue it was the Priest that told us.... so at least I know that much is true.....

Comments

• I heard the same news and read them also in an Arabic newspaper.
    May God be with us & have mercy upon us.

Plz pray for me
  • did you hear about any apparitions though?
  • no this is new for me.

plz pray for me
  • I don't know if this is true or not.....
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=7159.msg94762#msg94762 date=1222730274]
    did you hear about any apparitions though?

I heard about that too. Don't know the validity of it though.

PK
  • But if they are threatening to blow them up, why would the monasteries only close until the 14 of Oct? Why that date?

PK
  • I asked a freind and she told me that these types of people(muslims ), if they were actually planing an attack on the Monasteriesm they would have done it already, she said if you look in their history, thwy never warned and did all that stuff, they just attacked....  and she they cllosed the Moansteries casue they don't want "mozaharat" (riots and uprising) from Chrisitnas who come and refuse to leave the Monastery to defend it etc... she aslo said the 14th, like why any pther day than the 14th? like i think it has no significance, but it might....it might be so that the people calm down and sort of forget about it....  I dunno.....
  • i thought it was because of the end of ramadan or something. but im not 100% sure thats when ramadan ends... lol.
  • I think ramadan ended already & their celebrating their feast now.

Plz pray for me
  • today is acutally the last day of ramadan (El Wa'f) the Eid kicks off tommorow and lasts another 3 days.
    i heard the reason behind the closings is Waffaa' Constantine (the wife of the priest, who converted, but the Pope went after her and brought her back and placed her in one of the monasteries for her own safety).  well apparently our muslim brothers are assuming we killed her, so for the sake of additoinal safety, they decided to close the monasteries of Wadi El Natroun and Mari Mena, till things settle down.
  • [quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=7159.msg94781#msg94781 date=1222783966]
    today is acutally the last day of ramadan (El Wa'f) the Eid kicks off tommorow and lasts another 3 days.
    i heard the reason behind the closings is Waffaa' Constantine (the wife of the priest, who converted, but the Pope went after her and brought her back and placed her in one of the monasteries for her own safety).  well apparently our muslim brothers are assuming we killed her, so for the sake of additoinal safety, they decided to close the monasteries of Wadi El Natroun and Mari Mena, till things settle down.

I'm a bit confused. A Christian woman who is a priests' converted to Islam then converted back to Christianity and now they want to kill her?

PK
  • This happened couple of year ago with Tasony Waffaa a Priest's wife from Alexandria. We don't know for sure if she convert to islam by her own will or was forced to!!! But, His Holiness, As gregorytheSinner said, went after her and got her back and put her in Saint Bishoy Monastery in Waddi el Natroun for her safty. However, there is a muslim guy names Zagloul el nagar is accusing the Coptic Church of killing her rather than the truth which is that she is in the abbey served by a Coptic nun from Saint George's convent if I am not mistaking. The Arabic article I read said that some extreme muslims wants to kill her as a result of what Mr. Zagaloul had said and want to take revenge on the monks who are hiding her as well.
    Also right now there are some arrangements for her to be on Agapy T.V. so the whole world will know that she is alive and not dead I think Anba Bishoy is responsible for setting the arrangement.

Plz pray for me
  • they will never attack after  a war commemeration they had a war on octobeer 6 that is y they biult a bridge in egypt called 6 of october
    lets just pray they dont attack before that
  • I know this might sound weird, but i will say it anyways: I know we should worry and all, but we are ALL missing the BIg PICTURE... why are we so wrried? do you really think that Mari Mina would let anything happen to His monastery? or Anba Bishoy? or St.Mary? do you think GOD will forget about protecting the most Holy places in this whole world, from which come out the Prayers that keep this world from destruction; the Prayers that keep the world going , and the Prayers that keep the wrath og GOD away from this earth. 

In my Sunday school class, the teacher told us that once, the Nile kept on flowing, just becuase of the prayers of 1 Monk... I fHe had stoped, the Nile was pretty much going to dry up or something like that...
  • I believe today is the day the Monasteries open again fro visitors in Egypt.....  i don't know about you, but i beleive if the Monasteries picked the 14th to open for it being a random date that people might forget, i think it worked, because until yesterday night, i had tottaly forgotten about that.....
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=7159.msg95632#msg95632 date=1224019760]
    I believe today is the day the Monasteries open again fro visitors in Egypt.....  i don't know about you, but i beleive if the Monasteries picked the 14th to open for it being a random date that people might forget, i think it worked, because until yesterday night, i had tottaly forgotten about that.....

well one huge connection is that everyone knows the Pope will be in back Egypt next monday.