downloading

edited December 1969 in Technical Topics
Hey everyone
I was wondering if i can download like lets say ibrahim ayads recording of nairouz how can i download it all at once instead of going into the file and clicking on each hymn

Comments

• I don't think you can do that since there is no link to do that.
  • [quote author=Copticdeacon link=topic=7150.msg94694#msg94694 date=1222525608]
    Hey everyone
    I was wondering if i can download like lets say ibrahim ayads recording of nairouz how can i download it all at once instead of going into the file and clicking on each hymn

noo. that would be wrong to do.
    first, the reason for having the download botten there is for you to only download 15 files a day (i am not sure of the limit right now for users)

now you would ask why is that, i'll tell you becasue we are poor people here, Tasbeha.org, that our server can't stand all of this activity. our bandwidth is limited (on which we have all of these services). you many people keep downloading all day long in the same time, the site will go down and NO ONE will be able to download anything.....

it happend once before that some one started doing that and found a way to download many files at once. that brought the site to be down for couple of ours.

so let's just thank God for what we are having here, not to be too greedy with what we get for free.

this is not directly for you, Copticdeacon.....i just thought someone brought this up, let's fully speak about it.
  • oohhh ok sorry
  • i dont think u can...perhaps im wrong?

+mahraeel+
  • whhy doesnt tasbeha use an external site for datastorage and then hotlink it in the downloads page?
    Since members are downloading allot of the time, the files would never get expired and they are not illegal files either, so there wouldnt be an issue?
    Or use a file sharing medium, like torrents?
  • [quote author=ChristopherBoctor link=topic=7150.msg95937#msg95937 date=1224500717]
    whhy doesnt tasbeha use an external site for datastorage and then hotlink it in the downloads page?
    Since members are downloading allot of the time, the files would never get expired and they are not illegal files either, so there wouldnt be an issue?
    Or use a file sharing medium, like torrents?

another site means more space of site files, more time to spend on managing.

you're thinking that the factor here is hard drive space....no, that's not so. the problem here is the bandwidth that the network (rather then the one site: Tasbeha.org, because there are many sites on this network...).
    bandwidth is the rate the people download with.....higher rates means more costs for the network towards the supplier of the bandwidth...

the files DO NOT get expired but rather the admins LIMIT the downloads that the site does not crash when bandwidth of downloading is more then what is provided by the site.

now about taking these file to be into like a torrent format or any other sharing program out there is not a good idea....atleast in my own opinion.
    1st....it would never be as easy as this.
    2nd, it will never be clear for the people where to find hymns rightlly, being mixed with many other worthless things out there of torrents...etc.
    3rd, you have to remember that the files you download here, you also play to just listen to. also on most of the files, being HYMNS, they are now viewed with the text in the 3 languages.....which is witnessed by many users to be a great capability that helps A LOT....sharing file will destroy this.
    4th, and most important in my opinion, i would never mix these spiritual church files with all other things online outthere, being ALL kinds illegal things out there and simply "defile" them.

there some sites yes that you can use to like send a file or 2 in ways to a freind or post here to download from....but those are a LOT more private and controlled rather then torrents or any other way of sharing....

maybe this cleared a little what i meant....of course am just speaking a person who understands why things are so here on tasbeha.org....but the admins can always correct me......