i want be coptic

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
whats the defrence btween a coptic and cathloic?what do i have to do in order to become a coptic? and thankyou all for answering me :) god bless you all

Comments

• Dear Iraqui,
    Becoming coptip is not something easy, fun, or care free. It takes true knowledge of the faith, the church, and oneself. If you would like to contact a priest, let me know what state and city you are in, and I can helo you get in contact with a priest or bishop for more guidance. God Bless You.
  • God bless your decision! first and foremost, you need to pray to make sure this is what God desires for you. peter is right in that becoming Orthodox is not just something you do on a whim, however if you seriously desire the depth and beauty Orthodox Christianity has to offer, then by all means, pursue it! find a coptic priest and ask him to educate you in the way of the Orthodox church. this process may take a while, but it's an exciting journey. eventually, when the priest taking care of you feels it is time, you'll be baptised (unless you've been baptised already) and chrismated into the Orthodox church. this is an important and beautiful decision; i wish you all the best.
    God bless
  • Are you living in Iraq?
  • Hi IRAQI78,

Congratulations for your decision. The only thing I can tell you is to look for a good priest to talk to you about the true faith. Do not be in hurry to get baptised (depending on your religion, I do not know if you are Christian or not? the priest can guide you) but take your time to understand and learn everything until the priest tells you when you can get baptised.

And let us know of any future developments with you and if you need any clarifications do not hesitate to ask us. This site contains a lot of good people who can help you and answer you with an open heart whatever question you have.

Congratulations and may God bless you.

Pray for me.

KF
  • god bless you all for answering my qustions. the only reason why i want to be a coptic is cuase of the way you people are you show the true christianty in most of you im cathloic born in baghdad iraq. and all i want in this live is be ready for the day i die that is all. its just so hard to be ready living in this world going through so many things everyday and im always fightting and asking myself about every littil thing i do , wondering is it was right or wrong.
    el reb yesoo3 yebarkom
    pray for me
  • Dear Iraqui,
    If you need help with getting more info, I can have a priest E-mail you and through the help of God, you can be more informed, and can make your new spiritual life complete.
  • Dear Iraqui,
    If you need help with getting more info, I can have a priest E-mail you and through the help of God, you can be more informed, and can make your new spiritual life complete.

[move]These two great stars: the sun and the moon; he has made to enlighten his firmament[/move]
  • God Bless you Iraqui,

God only touches a few people this way, please dont ignore it..

and pray for me!

your brother in Christ,

Marcleno