Is it a sin to take pleasure at sins when watching ...

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
...when watching a movie or t.v?

I know this is really hard because in our world today, what we see on t.v and movies is mostly un-christian like.

So, is it a sin?

Comments

• [quote author=Hailemikael link=topic=7119.msg94431#msg94431 date=1221527993]
    ...when watching a movie or t.v?

I know this is really hard because in our world today, what we see on t.v and movies is mostly un-christian like.

So, is it a sin?

well it depends on how things develop in your mind. and you can't be the judge of that because all think that they are "tough" enough to watch and not be "affected" by what am watching. So it depends on what you make of what you see in your mind, and what you do with that.

for example, if you by mistake seen a naked person.....what you must do is like turn your face and whatever was just seen would normally not stick in mind to think about or to develop a thought that would bring a sin. but then if you like "stare" and let your mind be filled with this image, it will take over your mind and you'll think in many unchristian ways, becoming and acting with greater sins.
  • thanks for the reply!

to be honest, i have found some unpleasant things in God's eyes to be entertaining. for example, just killing someone.
    when i think about it, it is kind of wrong.
  • A verse in the Bible explains it all, Luke 11:34.
    "The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness."

Think of your eye as a camera lense, and the memory chip is your brain. So anything sinful will be stored in your system, but the opposite is also true, if you look at benefitial things such as, reading spiritual books or watching the learing channel then your eyes will become pure and thus so will your brain and your whole body.

Pray for each other.