i have A Little Question

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hey Guys

I Have A Question Little bit Strange....Sorry

My Question:
If A Girl Wants to Be A Nun,But she was abused,Surely she is non Virgin than Can she be Also A nun?
Cause She didnt Want it...
Hope You can Answer me...!:)

(By The way this is not happened to me i just really want to know it)

Thanks For reading it

Pray For Me Please

God Bless You

Comments

• The best one to determine this is the father of confession b/c he knows her best. you have to make sure that she does want to become a nun just b/c she has been abused or is fearing any relationships. Pray and ask God for guidance and of course let her speak to her father of confession. I hope this helped.
    Plz Pray for me
  • yep, father of confession knows best. I would assume though that she could.

PK
  • One of the best nuns out there is St Mary of Egypt who was a prostitute before she turned to Christ. People become monks and nuns, with the proper reason having a desire to always be one with Christ and to live repentant lives or Holy lives.

I don't know if they have changed the rules..

• [quote author=mikeforjesus link=topic=7084.msg94084#msg94084 date=1220353843]
    One of the best nuns out there is St Mary of Egypt who was a prostitute before she turned to Christ. People become monks and nuns, with the proper reason having a desire to always be one with Christ and to live repentant lives or Holy lives.

I don't know if they have changed the rules..

Okay Thanks For Your Answer
  • if someone has been abused they are not 'physically' a virgin anymore but god knows everyone and i am sure in his eyes he would see her just as good as others
  • this may not be part of the "abused" question, but for example... St. Moses the black... he was a bad person, and then became a great saint that we all look up to.
  • Ofcourse she can be.  There is no reason for her to feel less than anyone else just because she was abused .... it was not a choice of hers to be abused.  It is very important though that she really wants to be a nun and is not trying to run away from dealing with her situation.  Abuse is a very difficult issue to deal with and I hope that she gets professional and spiritual help.
  • St.Mary the Egyptian......
  • confess what happened to her cuz if any sin comes to u confess and it will be gone
    as the Lord said "I forgive, I forget"
  • where did He say that?
  • i think it was saint Augustine that said if ur abussed then you still have ur virginity
  • well i guess there are a couple of things to consider:
    1) how did it happen?? even if she did not lose her virginity by her will, if she had put her self into that particular situation then its still her fault!!! i mean, if a girl goes to the train station at 11 pm knowing that its not safe and still does it then its her mistake.. NO ONE CAN GO TO THE FIRE AND EXPECT NOT TO GET BURNED!! right??
    or did she kno it wasnt safe but had to go for an emergency and so on??
    so the little details of the event are definitely important..
    now God's view (as i understand)
    2)i guess he'll accept her.. for those of you who read/ watched tamav ereny's movie, the part where her aunt wanted to become a nun but didnt get the chance to, coz she was forced into marriage: the second night, the aunt appeared to tamav ereny and comforted her.. and when tamav asked her about the girls with her, the aunt replied " these are all girls who wanted to be nuns but their circumstances didnt allow them to be. God [glow=red,2,300]accepted them as nuns[/glow] and has a special reward for them" so even though they were not physically ordained as nuns, God had a completely different view and accepted them as ones...
    so same applies to this abused girl, physical and earthly issues dont always have to determine spiritual decisions.. our God is fair and has completely different measures!! (thank God)
  • Does someone have the official coptic church definition of virginity???
    that would solve this prob and many others concerning this issue
  • um.. i highly doubt there's even one.. i think they just look into the situation when it happens.. and if they cant get to a final decision they contact the bishop, and if they still cant decide then they take it to the pope and wateva he says happens..
    but im actually not sure...
  • was st. mary the egyptian REALLY a nun??
  • as far as i kno: no, not really!! she felt bad bout her sins when she couldnt enter the church... then she promised that if her feet go loose and she enters the church, she will dedicate her life to God.. eventually she was able to get to church,, then she repented and then went to the wilderness and spent all her life there... but i dont think she was a nun...
  • thats what i thought...
  • but i guess she still lived a full life of a nun.. i mean, she didnt see anyone (except the priest who recorded her story), didnt eat much, prayed 24/7 and was tempted 24/7... she was definitely accepted as a nun..
    but for our abused girl, its diferent,coz she'll never be able to live that life unless she actually gets ordained as a nun....