Fr Thomas - A Japanese Abuna

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hello,

On page 10 of the El Kereza English edition , there is a photo of a Japanese Abuna.As I never saw one before, I kind of found it very interesting.

http://www.copticpope.org/downloads/eng_keraza/engkeraza04-07-2008.pdf

Comments

• Thank you so much Hezekiel. May God opens the heart & eyes of many.
    I Believe i have the whole story about fr. Thomas some where, I will try to post it if I can find it. Thanks again, God bless you.
    Please pray for me
  • oh that is sooo cool, the big move would be if we have any chinese abounas...i heard that religious preaching is forbidden in china...!  but wow i am so proud of our church.
  • [quote author=SaintaMaria05 link=topic=7071.msg94025#msg94025 date=1219973691]
    Thank you so much Hezekiel. May God opens the heart & eyes of many.
    I Believe i have the whole story about fr. Thomas some where, I will try to post it if I can find it. Thanks again, God bless you.
    Please pray for me

SantaMaria, thanks.Please post the story of Abuna Thomas,if you happen to find it.

Some 10 months ago, I went for a visit to Toronto and like I always do, I visited St Mark church. On that evening, there was a bible study with a large enthusiastic crowd in one of the halls.So I had the choice to join them after the Asheya ,which I did. The topic of the night was Abortion ,with a doctor  giving the medical aspects of it  and the charismatic Abuna Pishoy Salama, the brother of His Grace Anba David, expounding the biblical side of the topic.Incidentally,there were new people who came that night who were acquainted with the coptic church the weeks before. All of them were impressed and expressed deep desire to know more.Then, I left Toronto.This year, I spent part of the 2 weeks fast of the blessed Virgin Mary in Toronto. I found out that Abuna Pishoy moved to a different church, a new church (check website).I went to take his blessings.What surprised me most was that, those new people whom I saw last year introducing themsleves as newbie were not only baptised but were all ordained as deacons and are serving the new church in all capacities, with more new people from different religious and cultural background  joining the congregation of St Marina and St Maurice everyday. Thanks to the astounding ability of Abuna Bishoy's wonderful ministry,the church is growing beyond expectation and the Coptic church is opening itslef to outsiders like never before.

Here is the URL with some Photos:

http://smsv.ca/Photo Albums/Inugural_Photos (2)/page_3.html

Original website: www.smsv.ca
  • Really nice to see people of different backgrounds joining the Coptic Church.  I would love to see this kind of diversity in every Coptic Church. 

Thank you for posting