I Feel so Sad and Like "Empty"

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hey...

Im sooooo sad...i Dont know whats happened...
I Try to Explain it...

Yesterday was an Marry from Someone in Germany(I lived there before we moved to England)So mannyyy People was coming from there Surely friends and others just in London...
Than Yesterday was Father(Abuna)Johanna coming....
I saw him like Till Easter not...
I was soooo happy to see him Again...
He Slept over till 4 Am Cause they had to fly to Germany back...
I Waked up at 4 o clock so i can say him Goodbye...
Than at think like 40minutes Later they Gone...
And from This Sec im soooooooooooooooo Sad...
He Gaves us Presents like Pictures and a little Cross which has an soooooooo Nice Smell
and every time i Smell it i just wanted to Cry:(:(
I dont know why...
I reallllyyy Love him(Not Love like you know like an Boy and A Girl Loves Each Others)No...Just i Miss him sooooooo Much:(
Ive Took a Picture of him and i see it i will cry....
he was just like 7 hours there and i dont know its sooo Strange i just feel reaaalllyyyy Empty and soooo Sad....
Whats going on with me??:(:(
Sorry about my Englisch...
Pleaaaassee Answer i dont know what to do:(:(

Comments

• I was Praying the whole Night....
    What should i pray then...?
  • I took the blessing of reading your question, thank God!

if you take an "empty" cup and look in it what are you going to see?! yes, nothing...

but is it really empty? nope, its filled with air!

can you drink the air? no, the air is useless to the cup!

to empty this air, what do you have to do?! fill it with liquid!

you see you are a cup filled with air! to take the emptiness or air out, you have to fill it with liquid, and the liquid is God, if you replace that "emptiness" with God, then you have taken the air out and filled it with liquid!

okay... so how can you do that! all you have to do is love God... and if you love God you will pray to talk to Him, you will read the bible and have silent times to hear Him... you will do matanyas to show Him how great He is... and how low you are compared to Him! you will thank Him for everything that He does good or bad... lets just say you will do anything and everything to get close to Him!

I took the blessing of answering you, thank God!
  • Woooooooowww Your so Right!!
    Thanks For Answer me!!!!!!!!
    Thank you!!
    Ive thought that i already was loving god and like it but in truth im not...
    thank You

Vany
  • Nice post Superman...

Vany, I can relate very well to your problem... I know very well what it's like to miss people now as I'm away from my country (Egypt) where I grew up and where my family lives (most of them) and where my church is where I got baptized and where I learned about God and came to know about His greatness, love and mercy...
    I've felt empty so many times, especially when I visit Egypt and then have to leave again..
    It's a terrible feeling to have to say goodbye to someone knowing you won't see them again for a very long time..

But there's one important thing we must always remember. God has more than enough love for everyone of us.. Once we've tasted His love, we will not want anything else... His love is strong and everlasting, He loves us and cares for us and watches over our every step... When we're with Him, we don't need anyone or anything else. And when we long for love, He's the only one who can fulfill that love. He's the only one who can fill the emptiness.

People come and go, our lives don't always turn up as we expect and sometimes we are forced to leave people behind because of the circumstances, but God's love is unconditional and always there. He never leaves us nor forsakes us, when we ask, He gives us more than we could ever imagine. Nothing can take away our happiness when it's dependant on God, nothing can separate us from God's love as St. Paul said..

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord

God Bless
    Please pray for me
  • In The Name of The Father And The Son And The Holy Spirit One God Amen

I think you should go to the website I have pasted under and listen to the sermons by Abouna Anthony. Listen to the ones that applies to you best and God Willing, by prayer and listening to these sermons; insha2alah everything will get back to normal again... Keep us updated please

Here's the website: http://www.orthodoxsermons.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=26&Itemid=26

God Bless
  • Thanks for your Help Everyone!!
    Its sooo nice..!!
    Thanks BabaKyrillosVI  i will listen to it...!
    Its much Better now..
    Thanks

Vany
  • [quote author=Vany2010 link=topic=7074.msg93995#msg93995 date=1219785965]
    Hey...

I Try to Explain it...

Yesterday was an Marry from Someone in Germany(I lived there before we moved to England)So mannyyy People was coming from there Surely friends and others just in London...
    He Gaves us Presents like Pictures and a little Cross which has an soooooooo Nice Smell
    I dont know why...
    I reallllyyy Love him(Not Love like you know like an Boy and A Girl Loves Each Others)No...Just i Miss him sooooooo Much:(
    he was just like 7 hours there and i dont know its sooo Strange i just feel reaaalllyyyy Empty and soooo Sad....

Is this the Abouna Yohanna from Birmingham?
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7074.msg94062#msg94062 date=1220227385]
    -

Ehm no From Germany(Stuttgart)
  • [quote author=Vany2010 link=topic=7074.msg93995#msg93995 date=1219785965]
    Hey...

I Try to Explain it...

I dont know why...

I know how you feel vany2010.
    That is a very beautiful post godislove360.
    I was baptized in Ethiopia and have not returned for some time. I miss my Abba and family very much. Now I can hardly listen to Ethiopian music without crying. I feel so stupid for leaving and even more stupid for not returning even yet. That dirty Devil! I'd like to wring his neck for his deception! Oh but vengence belongs to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and that filty wretched Devil is going to get his just rewards soon and very soon for keeping Gods people separated!!!
    Until such time I find some solace from this forum and the Coptic Orthodox Church.

Can't thank you all enough.....but I'm gonna cry now
  • Guys, I have to thank you all for this topic...you have no idea how much it's just helped me. Superman, your post actually brought tears to my eyes, as did the story. I'm angry at myself now for being so empty, and I'm gonna change that!

God bless
  • come on guys you're gonna make me cry tooo!

it's sooo really hard when you miss someone. i won't lie and tell you this feeling will ever go away but you will get stronger as you get older and time goes by. and hopefully when you grow older you'll be able to go and visit germany and anywhere else you want. i'm so sorry you feel this but you need to cheer yourself up and do well in your studies and there is always the phone. you can phone abouna as much as you want (i know it's not the same as seeing him, but better than nothing) and take care of yourself.