PLS Tell me anything U KNOW about SILENT PRAYER

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hello Friends,

I have had this Q for a long time in my mind. What are the difference b/n silent prayer and the one with a voice? Does God hear them the same way? Which one God prefers? When is the place for each one of them? What we pray in silence, can it be a weapon against the devil? How much voice do we have to use? How do the saints pray? How do the Desert fathers pray? If not live their lives let us at least copy their gesture. 

Please tell me what u have read or heard from elders. Search for me in any way. Write me anything related to my Q.

May God bless u in advance and help u to help me. May the intercession of the Holiest Mother of God and St. Michael, St. Gabriel and all Saints be with u always!!!
[b][/b]

Comments

• [quote author=binC link=topic=7017.msg93640#msg93640 date=1218118297]
    Hello Friends,

I have had this Q for a long time in my mind. What are the difference b/n silent prayer and the one with a voice? Does God hear them the same way? Which one God prefers? When is the place for each one of them? What we pray in silence, can it be a weapon against the devil? How much voice do we have to use? How do the saints pray? How do the Desert fathers pray? If not live their lives let us at least copy their gesture. 

Please tell me what u have read or heard from elders. Search for me in any way. Write me anything related to my Q.

May God bless u in advance and help u to help me. May the intercession of the Holiest Mother of God and St. Michael, St. Gabriel and all Saints be with u always!!!
    [b][/b]

Hi binC, I think God alway does hear your prayers, it doesent a matter
    how, if you pray from out you heart, God always listen to you.
    But If you are alone, it is so much better to pray with loud voice, to realise your prayers
    and feel the spirit of your prayer, and to concentrate.
    If you are in any other place, you can pray in silence, it always can wherever you are.
    If you wanna know how the saints praying, I will say you... watch a lot of saints movies and you will see how they pray  :D 
    It´s  just talking to God like a good friend  :)

May God will be with you and
    Plz pray 4 mee
  • First of all you should know that the prayer is the prayer of the heart .. as it is said the prayer is a relation between you and God .. so keep in mind to keep your relation to Him so strong and deep .. it is not the matter how many times you pray or even how long you pray it is the matter of how deep your prayer is ..

The answer of your question is so simple: how to pray?
    First if you can just take time with God every day it will be better .. time before your work and after it .. time for reading his bible .. time to go to the church .. all that will keep you in grace and really believe it .. it gives you what to say when you pray .....

Second the way you pray .. first you should do what you should do : I mean you should stand when you pray to god .. raising your hands to him asking him what you ever want ... may be that is the standard position but aslo you can do as the Holy Spirit gives you ... as you can use your body to be on your knees or kneel.

An advice: Don't be busy with how you pray .. just pray .. go ahead and God will guide you how you pray ....

Thanks
  • Hello Dears,

Thank you so much both of u. I feel content with ur answers. I believe that God has answered me through you.
    I am ready to hearing from many ppl.

Thank you all in the name of Jesus.