Have a hard probelm

edited November 2008 in Faith Issues
Thanks for your replies

Comments

• Have u ever considered a job as a marriage councellor?? If I had known how powerful these people are, and how much they can change our lives, I'd have become one.
  • i dont think it matters what degree u do to become a monk
    when deciding which degree to pursue, i only ask WHICH MAKES U HAPPY? or WHICH DO U ENJOY MOST? if u do sumfin u enjoy or makes u content then ull do better....
    mate ur still young, doesnt matter whether it takes u 10 years or 3 years to complete degree as long as u grow as a person and learn from ur mistakes.....uni is never worth dwelling on.......btw u dont know the future, only God does, u cud be a very successful scientist or engineneer, who knows! but never lose faith in wat u can achieve, ur a unique and blessed creation of christ ;)

God bless n take care

laterz
  • Thankyou kerestina
  • [quote author=helpmelordjesus link=topic=6984.msg93342#msg93342 date=1217322064]

I wanted to be a monk for quite some time and I think the church might accept me with a science degree.. it may not be very big in terms of the world (maybe not a lot of opportunities) but will the church still accept me? why does the church require a university degree if the skills are not needed for the monastic life? the monks u'sed to be uneducated.

they require a degree so they know that you are not just running away from university and taking Monastiscim as the easy-way-out.....
  • Perhaps you should consider speaking with your spiritual father in this matter (I am completely serious). I know of someone in a similar situation-- their parents want them to go through the ordeal that is medical school while the person has his sights (and heart) on monastic life, and he's going straight to abouna! ...to get his wisdom and advice (and have him pacify the parents if applicable)

• Hello Brother,

1 John 5:14-15 (King James Version)

14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
    15And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Ask God. Hold a private fast of 3 or 7 or 21 days. Pray fervently. plead the intercession of the Holiest Mother of God, St. Mary. The Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St. Raphael, St. Urael and all Saints.
    What we help u is nothing. Our advice is so weak. We know nothing. you cannot get the truth from here but from above.
  • That sounds like a good idea. However if I pray too much how will I get study done since I am still in uni. That sounds especially like a good idea after I finish uni God willing and choose whether to marry or become a monk.

Also I am afraid I will have little to say to pray to God.