older sibling

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
hello everyone...
so i have an older brother who just won't leave me alone. he makes fun of every mistake i make...he figured out my password to my email and such. He is getting into my personal life. I just want him to leave me alone. Hes going to college next year.But hes still living in the house so its not that big of a deal. I don't know what to do or how to tell hm to just stop it. Ppl are probably going to say hes doing it cuz he cares...i just think he is cuz hes bored. Doon't get me wronge i love my brother but sometimes hes just too much.

Comments

• and where are the parents?
  • honestly please do not get mad but it is imachurity i can speak from experance
  • i agree it is immaturaty...my parents tell him to leave me alone but it doesn't do much... but what can they do? they work.. cook..clean provide for us....i can't force them to do something else.
  • may i ask how old u are?

/GBU
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ
  • maybe he really is just being a conerned older sibling?

i mean most of the time when i do thos things to my little sibling it's really because i do care, and i wanna make sure everything is ok
  • I'm Sixteen...... alright..but may i say i also have a younger sister and he doesn't do stuff like that to her...and i don't either......
  • are you a girl?!

and how old is your brother?!
  • yeah i'm a girl
    my brother just turned 18
  • The best thing to do is pray. I am sure God will take care of it.
  • hi ibelieve,
    i hope ur in good health. whu dont u give it a shot at talking to him nicely and frenkly? tell him wht your concerns and how u feel towards the situtation. prau and im sure tht God will intervene.

Pray for my weakness,

Coptic Youth
  • lol... you're a 16 year old girl... with all do respect to young girls... but girls around your age are easily fooled... or taken advantage of! so i really cant blame the guy! but I'll tell you this try on making a password that he would not be able to guess, or access... and make sure you don't save it, that would help too!

rabina will work for the best!
  • yea i think ur bro is just watching out for u and he doesn't do it w/ ur lil sister yes b/c shes not at the age where things change yet...having that said YEA he def is going overboard w/ it.. just be mature about it and sit down w/ him and talk to him about it and how much it is bothering u
  • i think your brother might be just stressed out..i mean ur the same age as me..if i had an older brother doing this to me i would be extremely angry..when ur brother goes to college he is gonna be much busier and would not have time to annoy you i hope.

however..boys are boys (sorry guys) and teenage boys is the worst loool so if you cant talk to your parents about it for any reason i would say try to avoid him as mush as you can for now until he calms down if he just started being like that to you..may be try to talk to him and ask him if he would be angry if someone older did this to him.
  • [quote author=ibelieve link=topic=6865.msg92056#msg92056 date=1214937737]
    hello everyone...
    so i have an older brother who just won't leave me alone. he makes fun of every mistake i make...he figured out my password to my email and such. He is getting into my personal life. I just want him to leave me alone. Hes going to college next year.But hes still living in the house so its not that big of a deal. I don't know what to do or how to tell hm to just stop it. Ppl are probably going to say hes doing it cuz he cares...i just think he is cuz hes bored. Doon't get me wronge i love my brother but sometimes hes just too much.

ha.... try having 2 older brothers!!!!!!  >:(
    ohh...... they get on my last NERVE!!!!!! bas i scare them away :D i yell at them :D hahahahahaha and my voice can be heard all the way to egypt :P
    my older brother used to do the same to me when we were younger, bas i tried to ignore him as much as possible, i yell at him as much a i can :P, and he leaves me alone! :P one time he went over the line and slaped me for his friend! i didn't talk to him for days.
    bas ma3alena a reason why big brothers do what they do is because they love us :) believe it or not :P and some are just trying to be annoying, and some think they are funny, and some u feel like you wanna hang them from their toes :P
    bas i promise..... he is gonna start college, and when you are like close of being done with your highschool yrs..... you guys are going to be like the bestest of friends :) you are going to hang out more than you do with your closest friends :)
    that is why i am soooo broke all the time cuz i take my older bro out to eat/movies/ and ice cream all the time :(

[quote author=mnc_hnn link=topic=6865.msg92204#msg92204 date=1215044181]
    i think your brother might be just stressed out..i mean ur the same age as me..if i had an older brother doing this to me i would be extremely angry..when ur brother goes to college he is gonna be much busier and would not have time to annoy you i hope.

however..boys are boys (sorry guys) and teenage boys is the worst loool so if you cant talk to your parents about it for any reason i would say try to avoid him as mush as you can for now until he calms down if he just started being like that to you..may be try to talk to him and ask him if he would be angry if someone older did this to him.

hahahahahaha i bet you are doing that to your lil sister :P
  • It's a good thing for an older sibling to be concerned about their younger sibling and to watch out for them, however, it reaches a point where an older sibling begins to take the place of the parents themselves. Regardless of whether the younger sibling is a boy or a girl, the older sibling is there is help them out and support them, but not to take the place of a parent. I am an older sibling myself and I've had to learn my boundaries. There is only so much I can do or say to my younger siblings before I reach a line that says "you're equal with them", a sibling. I think you should try speaking to your parents. I understand they're busy, but you're their child and mean very much to them. Try seeing if a compromise can be made...

Sleepy