Next step as a decon

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
OK i'm a deacon and i know all the annual hymns (hiten, tai shori, oniato, etc..) . I tried learning hymns for special occasions but most of the ones i try to learn are HARD! Any hymns you think you be not too hard but not too easy to learn?

Comments

• There really is no such thing as an easy hymn. They all take practice, its great you got some annual hymns down but there are a lot of annual hymns that aren't that easy either. The next step is to push yourself to learn these hard hymns. cause the more you wait the harder and harder they will be to learn
  • try learn hymns for upcoming feasts such as hymns that you would say during the fast of St. Mary like Atai-parthenos or Onouf emmo Maria. there are also many hymns from tasbeha which are beautiful and arent that hard to learn like Khen-Oshout or Marenounh. the easiest way to lear a hymn is to just listen to it continuosly and after a couple of times of listening to it start singin along and then hopefully u learn it. hope that helped

pray for mee
  • [quote author=fearfulcopt link=topic=6859.msg91993#msg91993 date=1214876910]
    OK i'm a deacon and i know all the annual hymns (hiten, tai shori, oniato, etc..) . I tried learning hymns for special occasions but most of the ones i try to learn are HARD! Any hymns you think you be not too hard but not too easy to learn?

Try learning A-Epchois Tasherie ne-man. its sang usually on Bright saturday.. but you can sing it whereever u want. I suggest u use the example of ANba Youannis to learn this, otherwise, its not worth it.
  • http://www.copticheritage.org/Classes.phtml

this is website that has classes to learn hymns from a varierty of occasions

God bless and pray 4me and hope it helps
    Copticdeacon
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6859.msg92025#msg92025 date=1214904379]
    [quote author=fearfulcopt link=topic=6859.msg91993#msg91993 date=1214876910]

Try learning A-Epchois Tasherie ne-man. its sang usually on Bright saturday.. but you can sing it whereever u want. I suggest u use the example of ANba Youannis to learn this, otherwise, its not worth it.

Don't bother. things you say once shoulnd't be learned keda we bas. when it comes to holy week, do so. but why would you do that.....when u learn all the rest of the bright saturday hymns, among them would be the Psali, [coptic]`A `P=o=c tasi `iri[/coptic]

MUallem Gad's Lewis's lessons are also great. especialy for long hymns and the way you like to learn, by litening to the hymn more then once.

also with every hymn you learn in a service, LEARN THE RITE of that service. having a good voice, good one who knows alhan means nothing if you don't know the rite.

also if you are pray by yourself sometimes in church with priests or with a small number of people, you become forced to learn long hymns, which is, to me as i consider it, GREAT.
  • [quote author=minagir]
    Don't bother. things you say once shoulnd't be learned keda we bas.

I disagree. Praying is also something u can take with u WHEREEVER u go, not just in Church during mass. U can sing this to your heart's content anywhere. Its a really good hymn. Its benefits are numerous.
  • Thanks for all your help guys i think i will start learning the hymns for st.mary's fast and tasbeha