What do our names mean?

Comments

• You can thank me for that  ;D
  • [quote author=godislove260 link=topic=6809.msg91637#msg91637 date=1214515224]
    Ok I feel attacked you guys, wait until my fellow eskandaraneya are online so we would have a fair competition. Although of course one eskandaraneya is more than enough to beat a 100 shobrawis/saeedis.      (I'm just stating a fact, sorry if it hurt your feelings lol)

God Bless
    Please pray for me (eskandaraneya but in the end Egyptian just like you...)

Godislove260 i got you back gurl! LET'S KICK SOME SHOUBRA BOOTY!!!! YOU ARE GOING DOWN SHOUBRA!! you are goin down like a clown!!! Boooo yeah!! BAM.... WHo is the best???/ let me hear it.... yep that is right alexandria is the best!! men sedi beshr le meharam beah.... men el bahr le el seka el hadeed..... we mean abu kharooof le el mandara........ aiwaaa es7oooooo ma3aya and see who you are messing with, YOU are messing with the mediterean sea we el al3a`t mahamad 3ali!!

• [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6809.msg91686#msg91686 date=1214536142]
    You can thank me for that  ;D and Metropolitan Mikhail my Grandma's Uncle for that.

hahahahah ok! :P lil weird here :P hahahahha j.k.
  • I love how this started out as a thread for the meaning of our names and became a full on war between Shoubra and Alexandria lol.

Sleepy
  • abo kharouf meen dah? we seka el hadeed fe saeed...
  • this is a very nice thread... just to joke around...  i love it...

also you go to Alexandria to eat ice-cream (ice-cream fe Gleem) <--song by 3mr Diab...
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6809.msg91693#msg91693 date=1214536560]
    [quote author=godislove260 link=topic=6809.msg91637#msg91637 date=1214515224]
    Ok I feel attacked you guys, wait until my fellow eskandaraneya are online so we would have a fair competition. Although of course one eskandaraneya is more than enough to beat a 100 shobrawis/saeedis.      (I'm just stating a fact, sorry if it hurt your feelings lol)

God Bless
    Please pray for me (eskandaraneya but in the end Egyptian just like you...)

Godislove260 i got you back gurl! LET'S KICK SOME SHOUBRA BOOTY!!!! YOU ARE GOING DOWN SHOUBRA!! you are goin down like a clown!!! Boooo yeah!! BAM.... WHo is the best???/ let me hear it.... yep that is right alexandria is the best!! men sedi beshr le meharam beah.... men el bahr le el seka el hadeed..... we mean abu kharooof le el mandara........ aiwaaa es7oooooo ma3aya and see who you are messing with, YOU are messing with the mediterean sea we el al3a`t mahamad 3ali!!

For your information, al3at Mahamad 3ali is in cairo lol
  • She probably meant al3et Qayetbay, which was partly built from the remaining stones of one of the (former) seven wonders of the world, the lighttower Pharos. Also we have had ALexander the Great, Cleopatra, Mark Anthony, Julius Caeser, Napoleon, and many more visit our city (sorry I studied Latin and am a history freak) Also don't forget that most popes resided in Alex. We have abouna Bishoy Kamel on our side. Also in Alex you can eat dora mashwi 3al kornish. We had the biggest library in the world, and now we have a new one !!! and the list goes on...
    [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6809.msg91683#msg91683 date=1214535463]
    [quote author=SuperMAN(BAM) link=topic=6809.msg91678#msg91678 date=1214530534]
    sorry to intrude guys but i will have to cheer for shoubra and saeed... c'mon now the pope is from shoubra... need i say more?! and for the saeed, there would not be Coptic Christianity if it weren't for their "hardheadedness" so ya3ny we would win by a long leap...

Very true... if the sa3eedi people weren't os hard-headed, we probably wouldn't be Coptic right now...   

Need I remind you that if it weren't for Alexandria, there wouldn't be coptic orthodoxy in Egypt in the first place??? Since Alexandria was chosen to be the first Coptic city in Egypt and it was thanks to my ancestors in Alex and God that christianity was even spread to the saeedi's. Although I agree with the fact that the demaagh el nashfa of el saeedi's might have helped later on... LOL

Blessed is Egypt
    Please pray for me
  • Oh so its that way is it?! Cmon Shoubra lets show them what we've got!! True Shoubra spirit - mega blessed people!!! Down Alexandria lol  :)
  • I don't care what you think. Deir El Muharraq is in El Saeed and Christ slept there for six months as a child. Beat that-oh wait, You can't!!
  • Deir Marmina Mariut, favourite place of our beloved Pope Kyrillos 6, and where the blessed Anba Mina resided. One of my favourite places on earth, and I'm sure of many others. Don't forget it's where St Mina was buried and it's where the archaelogical spot is: Abumina.

God Bless
    Please pray for me
  • saint mark did preach in Alexandria... but hmm, around 60 some years before that the holy familycvisited the saeed... wait who again?!! the holy family?!!! like the family of Christ HIMSELF?! like JESUS?!!! the God incarnate?!!! and SAINT MARY... the blessed of all women?!!! and Joseph the carpenter the protector! who took care of SAINT MARY THE MOTHER OF GOD... and  GOD INCARNATE!!!!!

hmm... wait why did they stay there again?!!! oh ya sorry i forgot, they were seeking protection... and went to upper Egypt for that!

its okay... the Holy Family might be not that important!!! but only to Alexandrians maybe?! ... not to upper Egyptians though!

sorry guys but nobody can beat God Incarnate!

popekyrillos... thanks for the idea!
  • God is present everywhere, always so also in Alexandria !!!
  • Its Shoubra 10, Alexandria 5, S3eed 0  ;D
  • With all due respect Joseph, you might be good at theological and religious issues but you're really bad at maths. I think you meant Alexandria 100 en Shoubra and S3eee both only 10. But it's ok, you can't have it all...lol

God Bless
    Please pray for me
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6809.msg91747#msg91747 date=1214580389]
    Its Shoubra 10, Alexandria 5, S3eed 0  ;D

First, there are only 2 from Shobra... and what is so special about Shobra? Se3eed (sadly no one can compete with them) has lots of special stuff and so does Alexandria.... is there amnything special in Shobra? (i actually want to know....)
  • I respect you very dearly for the "Se3eed (sadly no one can compete with them) has lots of special stuff" statement! but shoubra man, thats where the big names came from... like pope shenouda... anba youssef... and many bishops, and priests... and of course superMan(BAM) chills there whenever he visits Egypt... so thats a big plus for shoubra! plus i love 3aseer el asab from shoubra!
  • [quote author=SuperMAN(BAM) link=topic=6809.msg91763#msg91763 date=1214594226]
    I respect you very dearly for the "Se3eed (sadly no one can compete with them) has lots of special stuff" statement! but shoubra man, thats where the big names came from... like pope shenouda... anba youssef... and many bishops, and priests... and of course superMan(BAM) chills there whenever he visits Egypt... so thats a big plus for shoubra! plus i love 3aseer el asab from shoubra!

first, i foyu gonna quote me, then pelase use the full quote  ;D u only toook the part about Sa3eed... you should put in the paqrt about Alex. too

second, i didn't know all these people came from there.....  thank you for telling me, but is there anything historic about it? (like alexandria had St.Marc and the Bggining of Christianity in Rgypt, Sa3eed has The Holy Family)... does Shoubra have anything like this? ???
  • LOL... sorry just my mouse stopped working... it just didnt highlight the part about alex. lol... but shoubra is where saint Mary and saint demiana appeared together... for a few years... in Papadouplo
  • A lot of Alexandrians are very stuck up and rude. In some areas, they hate non-Alexandrians and raise prices on them. Happened to me and some other people I know.
  • you are starting to let this get to your head... 
  • [quote author=godislove260 link=topic=6809.msg91748#msg91748 date=1214580536]
    With all due respect Joseph, you might be good at theological and religious issues but you're really bad at maths. I think you meant Alexandria 100 en Shoubra and S3eee both only 10. But it's ok, you can't have it all...lol

God Bless
    Please pray for me

Hahahaha  :) lol well im doing further maths next year, so if im bad at that, im in real trouble.
  • Maybe, but I have a lot of things going through my head rite now.
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6809.msg91775#msg91775 date=1214599753]
    Your all just sore losers. I honestly hate Alexandria. Or at least the people there. They're very stuck up and rude.

PK, no need to hate us bro, I'm truly sorry if I offended anyone, I thought it was just for the sake of fun, but since I sence it's causing negative reactions, I will stop.., I apologize again if this offended anyone, please forgive me...

God Bless
    Please pray for me
  • no no no, don't apologize. This thread was some of the best times i've had on this site. I know you didn't mean anything you said and neither did I. I'm not mad at u for anything. No negative reactions. I apologize if my post caused negative reactions.
  • But I was serious about the people in Alexandria being stuck up and rude. That wasn't a joke. But I didn't mean to point you out if thats how you took it.
  • Naturally when you make such a comment any Alexandrian would feel a bit uneasy since it's pointed toward all Alexandrians... I mean if you've had a bad experience with some people it shouldn't mean that all of them are like that. Forgive me, I'm not trying to sound like I know any better cause I definitly don't, but I don't think calling Alexandrians rude and stuck up is useful or truthful in any way. I happen to know many Alexandrians who are truly amazing people full of humility, so you might want to review your post.
    I don't take it personally since you don't know me, I'm not mad or anything, but as an Alexandrian I thought it wasn't nice, that's all...

In the end it comes down to the fact that I love all Egyptians and don't differentiate since I have family and relatives in all areas of the country and I'm thankful for all of them ... so I think I should apologize for making it seem otherwise if that was the case. My love and respect to all..

God Bless
    Please pray for me
  • HEY HEY HEY HEY....
    i disapear for a 1/2 day and i find us eskanadaranaya get harrassaed!!! laaaaaa` da 3ala goseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeety!!!

[quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6809.msg91747#msg91747 date=1214580389]
    Its Shoubra 10, Alexandria 5, S3eed 0  ;D

HA!!!! FUNNY!  you made me laugh when i did't want too!!!!!!

[quote author=godislove260 link=topic=6809.msg91748#msg91748 date=1214580536]
    With all due respect Joseph, you might be good at theological and religious issues but you're really bad at maths. I think you meant Alexandria 100 en Shoubra and S3eee both only 10. But it's ok, you can't have it all...lol

God Bless
    Please pray for me

hahahahaha..... you go girl!! Joe? YOU JUST GOT SEEEEERVED!!!!!!!

[quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6809.msg91775#msg91775 date=1214599753]
    Your all just sore losers. I honestly hate Alexandria. Or at least the people there. They're very stuck up and rude. Even Shoubra is better than that. At least Shoubra has Maktabt el Mahaba. I gotta give them credit for that lol. Awesome Library. 

As far as Saeed, we got King Tut on our side so don't worry, he'll make all you Alexandrians as slaves to the saeedi people. Oh and Shoubronians-Except for the Shoubronians who work at maktabt el Mahaba. LOL 

wooooowooooowooooooo there!
    Alexandrian ppl are not stuck up and rude!!! they are just tan from the bahr all the time :P
    shoubra ppl are the ones who realy know how to curse in egyption!! no offense!!(Sa3d el so3'ayear, and ricko they are from shoubra  :P )

Again... alexandria 100001 shoubra 2 se3ida 3.5!!

[quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6809.msg91780#msg91780 date=1214600009]
    Maybe, but I have a lot of things going through my head rite now.

that alexandri 1000001 shoubra 2 and se3ida 3.5?!!
    you-know i was thinking about the same exact thing :P hahahahahahahaha!

eskanderia ya mahlaaaha!!
    and hey? el al3a is in alexandria!!

bentBABAyasooa`

• no, el al3a is not in Alexandria. Unless there are two of them and I'm nor aware of the other one. I know it's in cairo because my late uncle (just died a few weeks ago) asked me if I wanted to go there. He lived somewhere in Cairo.
  • there is an Al3a in Alexandria.. that is for sure... i am not too sure of its name thou