What do our names mean?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Is there a dictionary that has what our names mean??

Comments

• Most children name books have explanaitions of what the names mean. I used to have one but is probably long gone now. I'm sure you could look it up online.
  • Thanks now I now what my name means. I have been wanting to know for 2 years but I couldnt find it online.
  • your welcome!!!! if u don't mind wut does ur name mean? My name means spring!!! It is also a type of flower in egypt!!!
  • my name means "man". I like my name now, it fits me ;D

PK
  • My name means "advisor"
  • My name means "Man" as well. Do you have the same name as mine? ;D
    Message me.
    (Just incase you don't know what my name is: My username-copt=My name    ;D)

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • My name is Joseph (fairly obviously  ;D) and it means God will increase.

pray for me

joe

• God Bless
    Please pray for me
  • MIne means God increase!!!! HAAHAA thats why all the food increases when Im there LOL jk im juss kidding=))) pray for me

/
    mahraeel
    plzzz p4m sister in Christ
  • my name has no meaning... how sad :(
  • lol actually i found the meaning!!! 
    my name means "wood or forest" lol i cant believe my mom named me after wood lol
  • [quote author=Loca4Christ link=topic=6809.msg91329#msg91329 date=1214109042]
    My name means "advisor"

So does mine!!!
    LOL
  • I did not look it up in that website but instead found it in a book. My name means "priceless"  8)

GB
    Anthony
  • my first and last together mean "high close to God"
  • [quote author=Loca4Christ link=topic=6809.msg91268#msg91268 date=1214013905]

You guys are that bored???  :P
  • Hey?!
    My name means "SEA OCEAN" :) :P yeay.... I love the sea! :)
    can't you tell i am from alexandria EGYPT? :P hahahaha my name proves it :P
  • *sigh*
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6809.msg91475#msg91475 date=1214323342]
    [quote author=Loca4Christ link=topic=6809.msg91268#msg91268 date=1214013905]

Actually two years ago when I was in Egypt a priest asked me what does my name mean. So I didnt know and became curious.
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6809.msg91476#msg91476 date=1214323407]
    Hey?!
    My name means "SEA OCEAN" :) :P yeay.... I love the sea! :)
    can't you tell i am from alexandria EGYPT? :P hahahaha my name proves it :P

i am from Alexandria too... great place....

[quote author=Loca4Christ link=topic=6809.msg91494#msg91494 date=1214332156]
    [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6809.msg91475#msg91475 date=1214323342]
    [quote author=Loca4Christ link=topic=6809.msg91268#msg91268 date=1214013905]

Actually two years ago when I was in Egypt a priest asked me what does my name mean. So I didnt know and became curious.

2 years ago?? wow....

• God Bless
    Please pray for my weakness
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6809.msg91501#msg91501 date=1214341381]
    2 years ago?? wow....

Yea I was recently thinking about the good times with family in Egypt
  • [quote author=godislove260 link=topic=6809.msg91505#msg91505 date=1214344710]
    Heyyy I'm from Alexandria too, ana eskandaraneya !!!

(I was jealous at all those guys from Shoubra, now we can be the 'Alexandria Group' lol)

God Bless
    Please pray for my weakness

:P haahahah yeah we can be our own alexandria group! :P and tell them "ayouuh 3aleak ya gaaaaaaadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa3"
  • if we start our own little group, i am defenatly in.... 
  • ya, well you'll have to create a saidi group too or else i'll report this website to the federal government with racism complaints :P
  • mines mean father of gold
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6809.msg91527#msg91527 date=1214366883]
    ya, well you'll have to create a saidi group too or else i'll report this website to the federal government with racism complaints :P

Count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

If we do that then every other part of Egypt is gonna be seperated...........We are suppppossed to be one together. Remember we are fasting..........Anyways its not gonna happen....
  • have positive attitude.....      and by the way, there are lots of great people that came from/served in Alexandria, like Abouna Bishoy Kamel, Abouna Tadrous Malaty....... and lots of great people..
  • Hmm...my names mean "Gift of God" and "Farmer" :P

And count me in that Alexandria group! :D
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6809.msg91534#msg91534 date=1214372554]
    have positive attitude.....      and by the way, there are lots of great people that came from/served in Alexandria, like Abouna Bishoy Kamel, Abouna Tadrous Malaty....... and lots of great people..

I sounded negative but Im actually positive. Its that I typed it at 12:30am so yeah I was sleepy. :D :D
    Ok then Did you know in Akhmeem there were about 800 martyrs and they have some of their bodies..Oh yeah and Abouna Abraam el Samouely in St. Thomas's monastery in Akhmeem ...Egypt is blessed.......... Blessed be Egypt ........sorry I forgot the rest of the verse.

We are going to start a competition arent we???????????????? ??? 8) :) :D :D :D

Im not taking anything seriously.I might sound like it.